Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria (3498 Views)

I Need A Team To Set Up A School! / Why Is It So Difficult To Register A Business Name On The CAC Online Portal ??? / I Find It Difficult To Spend Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:
The love of money is the root of ALL evil.

THE LACK OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF THE LOVE OF MONEY BEING THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Smartguy001:
OP Know d answer him jst win talk...did u fall 4rm d sky...it's a globe tin not only naija, most of dis gr8 ppl u talked abt stole ppl's idea u know....so don't jst jump in2 conclusion bro...!

AIIT am Assuming According to your Post That i Dat i know...

most of dis gr8 ppl u talked abt stole ppl's idea u know................ Explain this one Cos i don't understand At all lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
Blackkie:
If you have been to a business class, you will understand that its all about offers and not how good or bad a given idea is.

We are not succeeding in coming together to do things just for one reason - we lack the knowledge of building businesses.

Some factors are militating against us, these include:-
* instant gratification
* zero long term vision
* lack of real and near role model - someone makes it in life and you ask him why he/she is making it, the answer is ...na God. How zero explanation.

I understand Where you are Coming from....and its true... i am really in the support of Going around to look Group of people and call the your team...

if you have being following my post you would see that a lot of Times i have pointed out that you Cant do Everything Alone...

meaning that You need people who share same idea with you not Same Concept...You need People who share Same Passion as you... Not the Fashion of the Business....

U need people that not only come from your field..... you need people that complements your weaknesses... and adds to your strength....

but Alot of peeps dont Even give it trial...

we JUST BELIEVE EVERYBODY IS EVIL.. AND NOT WORTH TRUSTING..... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by yemmit90: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
kensandrea:

1. the Bank Gives Loan Not Grant... and A Loan is Guarded By Assets And ROI... so i feel no1. is not institution problem but the mans Lacks Network and Lacks wit and determination.... lipsrsealed

2. It is a Risk to trust but most time the Risk is worth taking after Calculative Analysis.... i would explain more on this if you ask me to....

3. this has noting to do with team development... INTEREST COMES FIRST... LIKE MINDED PEOPLE WITH SAME GOAL.... YOU DON FORCE ELSE YOU LOOSE

5. IT HAPPENS even to the greatest Entrepreneur thats why you go for Market testing before selling your product and most time you cant be good in all Areas... that falls back to TEAM WORK..... lipsrsealed

6. THere is no UNREALISTIC IDEA... AS long you are ready and sure that your idea can cope up on the MArket trend... i could explain this more if you ask for it....

7. The simply lacked Determination Thats just the fact... so many people fall daily but ONLY A FEW COMES BACK.... "DONALD TRUMP"

8. THats simply A man Without Guts and Determination... he Lacks the Quality Of a Goal Setter an Entrepreneur and he Shouldn't have venture in the First place...

Finally i would say Am Astound by what Business Man You Would Be... Money doesn't Build business... Passion and Determination does....

if You are Determined Money would be only an Obstacle... And Obstacle only Makes you Stronger... and Increases your Financial Thinking... that's what determined Mind is Like... Not a Money Minded Guts... please i would Advice You Go back And try to Study More on Financial Literacy It really helps

A team is not necessary Its Essential

For successful Entrepreneur......

Sorry if i used Any Inappropriate Words on You... But i just wanted to be real Enough.... lipsrsealed

All right, we cannot all agree with a particular opinion. I have said my own for those who care to listen.

Enjoy your day sir! Have a nice time!
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
yemmit90:

All right, we cannot all agree with a particular opinion. I have said my own for those who care to listen.

Enjoy your day sir! Have a nice time!

thanks for Your Contribution Anyways
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by successinlife: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
jpjohn:
Great contributions.
It can be argued that colonisation effect put Nigeria in a unique place in the poverty food chain.
The other reasons why the poor working class and poorest class fail to collaborate and move out of poverty is universal.

It is funny if in 2016 we blame colonisation.China,SingaporeThailand,Malaysia,Dubai/UAE,Canada,australia,south africa etc were all colonised but they are far ahead of Nigeria today,NO,i disagree about colonisation as a reason for our failure,the average thinking Nigerian of say 70% want to cheat to make it,there are very few honest people in Nigeria but the ratio of good to bad people is too wide.
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by successinlife: 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
If you have genuine biz idea and you want partners let me know.This is 2016,any biz venture should be backed up legally and partners have to be honest because he that seek equity must have clean hands.

kensandrea:

YOU GOT MY POINT BROTHER....

YOU JUST TOUCHED MY HEART i wished i had reasonable of Such Around me...

Nigerian are So Manipulative of themselves Everyone wants to Become a BillGate A Warren Buffet yet No Wants To share his Idea or seek help from Like Minded peeps

we are too scared of own insecurities --- which we call trust --- i pray God send me the Right dudes to Work with--- with the perfect Mind ---

one love bro...
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nigeria is a ver low trust society - especially as we have been colonially brainwashed to section ourselves into tribes and operate under an "insiders" vs "outsiders" mentality. The best performing teams I have seen have had at least one or more members exposed to a different society to 'reset' their brains.
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
successinlife:
If you have genuine biz idea and you want partners let me know.This is 2016,any biz venture should be backed up legally and partners have to be honest because he that seek equity must have clean hands.

this my contact Fcite1@gmail.com

please drop your mail or Number in my inbox...

i would like to keep a contact of such
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
naijacutee:
Nigeria is a ver low trust society - especially as we have been colonially brainwashed to section ourselves into tribes and operate under an "insiders" vs "outsiders" mentality. The best performing teams I have seen have had at least one or more members exposed to a different society to 'reset' their brains.

give me a solution to your post..

Exposure or..... please let me know...... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by jpjohn(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
More explanation from my previous reply:
Class culture reproduction I think is a close phrase to help me explain better. Indoctrination of attitudes that do not allow the ideal situation of adequate collaboration, making deals and having wealthy lifestyles happen continually. It's big in Nigeria because the poor and working class forms greater proportion when compared to the western societies, and the dominance is such that it may be infesting the middle class too. Someone made a comment on gratification and yes, the working class attitude to reward is very different to the richer ones. All round even, the position of the poorer class makes them at odds to collaborate effectively and it tends to persist through reproduction. Only a positive attitude against all odds will afford the poor an opportunity to collaborate successfully. For example, with the wrong attitude, the poor may look at the deal broker with some contempt, thinking that the result will always put them at the victims end. Worst still keeping aside money for investment is hard or even alien to some poor people.
To some people it's never going to work, is their mindset so it never works for them.

So how does Colonialism come in?
It does because the institutions setup by the colonisers glorified working class roles and this was going to be a trap for a lot of people so they fail to channel their creativity to collective communal good which was obtainable in most of our precolonial societies.
Individual archievements are seen as the way to success and this shaped the working class behaviour. The non working class poor are constantly trying to learn from the glorified false attractive lifestyle of the working class.
Thinking about this, my intention was not to give an excuse for the Nigerian colonised in this case but to point out that we unlearned some of the good precolonial culture and while building on the infused culture we have now, we could relearn how our precolonial communities could have provided better community if it were allowed to grow on their own values.
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 11:41am On Feb 05, 2016
jpjohn:
More explanation from my previous reply:
Class culture reproduction I think is a close phrase to help me explain better. Indoctrination of attitudes that do not allow the ideal situation of adequate collaboration, making deals and having wealthy lifestyles happen continually. It's big in Nigeria because the poor and working class forms greater proportion when compared to the western societies, and the dominance is such that it may be infesting the middle class too. Someone made a comment on gratification and yes, the working class attitude to reward is very different to the richer ones. All round even, the position of the poorer class makes them at odds to collaborate effectively and it tends to persist through reproduction. Only a positive attitude against all odds will afford the poor an opportunity to collaborate successfully. For example, with the wrong attitude, the poor may look at the deal broker with some contempt, thinking that the result will always put them at the victims end. Worst still keeping aside money for investment is hard or even alien to some poor people.
To some people it's never going to work, is their mindset so it never works for them.

So how does Colonialism come in?
It does because the institutions setup by the colonisers glorified working class roles and this was going to be a trap for a lot of people so they fail to channel their creativity to collective communal good which was obtainable in most of our precolonial societies.
Individual archievements are seen as the way to success and this shaped the working class behaviour. The non working class poor are constantly trying to learn from the glorified false attractive lifestyle of the working class.
Thinking about this, my intention was not to give an excuse for the Nigerian colonised in this case but to point out that we unlearned some of the good precolonial culture and while building on the infused culture we have now, we could relearn how our precolonial communities could have provided better community if it were allowed to grow on their own values.

Hey Love your Analysis Again But the Fact still remains that Team Cohesion in Nigeria is Seen as a taboo....RIch Or Poor... i gat lots of rich peeps that have refused collaborate with their peers believing they have all the resources..... and the fact remains that they Lack the fundamental understanding of Management..... undecided

i understand you oooo but i dont want you to Segregate it to only the Poor Financial Literacy is Lacked by both the Poor and the Rich in Nigeria...

my view...
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by Ups01(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
kensandrea:
the question is goes this way why is very difficult for we Nigerians to come together when we have similar idea and limited resources and experience to form a cooperation or a team ?

i have seen this in so many sector... and in so many individuals... i have come across Everybody Wants to OWN it YET NOBODY HAS IT....

Everybody Want to get it all yet Most even fail to Acquire a little... and even on the long they still dont learn from history...

MY QUESTION IS THAT WHY IS IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR NIGERIANS WITH SAME IDEA COME TOGETHER AND FORM A FORMIDABLE TEAM

PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR VIEW

well, from my observation successful people don't wait for the timing (or resources/people) to be right. They make it right.

some factors influence if people would be willing to work with/for you.

1. what are your social skills?, can you make people responsive to you within 5min of talking?
2. Are you visionary?
3. Would you stake your existence i.e your life on the accomplishment of a goal?
and so on

in conclusion, There's always somebody who will be willing to partner with you!
IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by Ups01(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
well, from my observation successful people don't wait for the timing (or resources/people) to be right. They make it right.

some factors influence if people would be willing to work with/for you.

1. what are your social skills?, can you make people responsive to you within 5min of talking?
2. Are you visionary?
3. Would you stake your existence i.e your life on the accomplishment of a goal?
and so on

in conclusion, There's always somebody who will be willing to partner with you!
IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU!
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by Bigmind(m): 12:07am On Feb 29, 2016
kensandrea:

THE LACK OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF THE LOVE OF MONEY BEING THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

Bro, what idea have you got that requires you to bring people of like minds together? Over time, i have partnered with people to grow ideas. Thus, I would want to know what u have got so that I know if I could partner with u. Contact me via: efesheno@gmail.com
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by damola1: 12:54am On Feb 29, 2016
Trust is key. And willingness to share is important, but most people don't believe long enough to share, so be ready to give now.

In my experience.

Try to work with young people. Under 24. You can get them to believe

2. You have to learn to be dependable, for people to continuously rely on you

3. You have to show progress for people to stick with it

4. The path to collaboration between people is to lead people to greatness.

Thank you.
Re: Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Team To Work With In Nigeria by kensandrea: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
Bigmind:
Bro, what idea have you got that requires you to bring people of like minds together? Over time, i have partnered with people to grow ideas. Thus, I would want to know what u have got so that I know if I could partner with u. Contact me via: efesheno@gmail.com
I am actually looking for team with great ideas I could also work for u would contact u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Base One Logistics / Why BLOGGING Remains One Of The Most Lucrative Online Business Today / CLOSED:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.