Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,982 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:11 PM

Marriage And Bank Account(s) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Bank Account(s) (796 Views)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage And Bank Account(s) by xoxoxo(f): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
Is it ok to have separate accounts, you know his, hers and ours

Also, what would your reaction be if you found out your wife/husband has a secret bank account? (his/her name or someone else's name)
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
There is nothing bad in having a seperate bank accont.
If i found out my woman has a secret account, as long as there is money in it for us to spend, no wahala.
Seriously, i often tell men to have some money stashed away, in an account, in an investment, cos nothing kills a man when he needs to take care of his family and there is no money to do that.
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2009
xoxoxo:

1. Is it ok to have separate accounts, you know his, hers and ours

2. Also, what would your reaction be if you found out your wife/husband has a secret bank account? (his/her name or someone else's name)

1. Great idea 2. Be suspicious, unless it's family someone needs to explain him/herself
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by mrsb(f): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2009
I think its ok. We always used to have joint account for house stuff (50/50) and our own private accounts when we lived in the UK. I liked that hubby didn't see how much I blow on shoes, manicures etc!!

Funnily enough now we are in Nigeria, we don't even have a joint account and his finances are a lot more private!! Think its just the norm here.
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2009
Nothing bad in having or running same accounts with yor spouse but be vigilant cos anything could happen. wink
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by ifyalways(f): 10:02am On Jul 01, 2009
we operate a joint(for the home)
Private accts(for personal needs or whatever)
Anybody that really works,deserves his/her personal acct . . .If i can work,then i shld be able to have some money for myself and use it without apologies.IMO
For full-time housewives and househusbands,i guess they "might" not be able to enjoy that priviledge. tongue
That aside,this topic has been overflogged here in NL.
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by JJYOU: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2009
mrsb:

I think its ok. We always used to have joint account for house stuff (50/50) and our own private accounts when we lived in the UK. I liked that hubby didn't see how much I blow on shoes, manicures etc!!

Funnily enough now we are in Nigeria, we don't even have a joint account and his finances are a lot more private!! Think its just the norm here.
mmm that is naija mind for you. plan B and "just in case" as i am learning on NL.
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 02, 2009
JJYOU:

mmm that is naija mind for you. plan B and "just in case" as i am learning on NL.

That has saved so many Nigerian women, i can't shout! The moment you leave your dads house, you've got to step up and look out for yourself.
Re: Marriage And Bank Account(s) by kok(m): 1:00am On Jul 02, 2009
It is very much okay as long as its not a secret account.

(1) (Reply)

When Will Our Military Officers Ever Be Civilised ? / The World's Second Pregnant Man / What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.