Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever (26356 Views)

Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) / How To Safely Use Cooking Gas Cylinders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by fako1(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Wait oooo! In the process of production. Dont dey fry the garri?

Moreover, atimes wen food is on fire, we dey use garri hold belle before main food done. who has time for all this ceremony dats been done at d production stage?

Abeg! who has a better option jare?
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by obrain1235: 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Ok, noted
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by SmartMugu: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2016
If ordinary heat kills lassa virus, why not just drink the garri first, and then sit close to a heater or oven so the heat can kill the virus? That's shorter than the outlined process. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Balloo22(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2016
poverty
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Obinoscopy(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
Make sure ur eyes are on the garri to avoid the virus coming back cos if it does hmmmm, e go worse pass the 1st tym oh.
That part got me laughing out loud grin

Nice one
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by dan6019(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2016
Fear of Lassa fever is the......anyway, I drink my whenever I choose to without all these procedure. Pls, it may be risky copying me; do as they said!

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Tee99(m): 9:29am On Feb 02, 2016
take garri away and the death rate of Lassa fever victims would be a joke compare to death by hunger... victims list: tertiary institution students, people that can't afford alternatives and natural lovers of G2

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by adamzey(m): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2016
na tym dat one go consume.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by ibagbea: 9:32am On Feb 02, 2016
Op you just saved millions souls
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by johntaiwo123(m): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2016
K
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by BetaThings: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2016
iykebest1:
Lassa go regret showing up in Naija.

#diafada
Lassa virus is indigenous to Nigeria
It is even entitled to a Nigerian passport
It cannot be deported; that would amount to exporting it like Mr Sawyer imported Ebola virus to Nigeria
But it is okay to execute it by frying - deep(?), burning, etc - anyway you can carry out the death sentence on it

Lassa is actually the name of a town in Nigeria

"The primary animal host of the Lassa virus is the Natal multimammate mouse (Mastomys natalensis), an animal found in most of sub-Saharan Africa"
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by azeecoboy(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2016
OP,na you come steal the garri i place under my bed tonight abi?

sorry to tell u say i deliberately mix the garri with rat poison to kill all those rat wey dey disturb me for auze.
so no matter how u heat and fry the garri,the virus still dey there.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by mamawin(f): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=akpumping7720 post=42544191

keep ur Garri safe from the reach of rats!!!![/quote] the thing is to keep all food safe, especially those you do not wash before consumption or cooking,
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed
[A Nairalander] has discovered a way to drink Garri this Lassa season.

1. Put the garri in a dry frying pan/pot.

2. Place it on the fire and allow it to fry for 10mins so that the heat will kill the Lassa virus.

3. Pour the garri out on a wide tray & allow it to get cold. Make sure ur eyes are on the garri to avoid the virus coming back cos if it does hmmmm, e go worse pass the 1st tym oh.

4. Put the garri on a plate and add the necessary (sugar, salt, glucose, powder, honey, milk, Milo, groundnut, aki, water etc). This is strictly based on ur choice but if u want to add all, no problem.

Then ur delicious and tasty drinking garri is ready for consumption...
Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku
throughout last week, na garri i dey drink each am all alone
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by walexy1(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2016
Well, another way to take garri if you can't avoid drinking it is to microwave it for about 5 mins. I think this will also do justice to any parasite in it.

Thank me later.

#MyOpinionThough#

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by dennisworld1(m): 9:43am On Feb 02, 2016
all thiis one nah waste. Lassa not new. We dun eat food wen rat poo put nothing do us. We dun chop coakroach inside soup nothing dey happen. Na now ona cum dey tell me say lassa dey.

2 Likes

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by isimemenuduehi11: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Lol.I tink I wil try dis method b/4 tankin u actually.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by badesco(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2016
This guy should be arrested and the post removed immediately.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by viktor01(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Naija, very innovative.
Good one.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Boyooosa(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Lilimax:

This part got me cracking cheesy
Wallahi! The guy be like 'Telescope is part of the instruments you need to drink grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri Now! cheesy
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by godoluwa(m): 9:52am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed

2. Place it on the fire and allow it to fry for 10mins so that the heat will kill the Lassa virus.

3. Pour the garri out on a wide tray & allow it to get cold. Make sure ur eyes are on the garri to avoid the virus coming back cos if it does hmmmm, e go worse pass the 1st tym oh.

4. Put the garri on a plate and add the necessary (sugar, salt, glucose, powder, honey, milk, Milo, groundnut, aki, water etc). This is strictly based on ur choice but if u want to add all, no problem.

Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku
TO HELL WITH LASSA FEVER! LMAO
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by erico2k2(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed

Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku
How does the virus live on garri? The only known his at the moment is the RAT.stupid this foolishness if it's not a joke.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by dazzlingd(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze made front page.... Truly, nothing is impossible
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by mekonglobal(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2016
cheesy Dont mess with African man belle....omo see innovation...lassa u die well grin i think if i say ur faaaatherrr now dey go say i wicked
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by BetaThings: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2016
erico2k2:

How does the virus live on garri? The only known his at the moment is the RAT.stupid this foolishness if it's not a joke.

It is not always a good thing to call people foolish, especially when you are not absolutely certain
Anyway public health officials, who are expected to be knowledgeable have been saying no more garri, no more garri, for the time being
Look at this

Infection in humans typically occurs by exposure to animal excrement through the respiratory or gastrointestinal tracts. Inhalation of tiny particles of infectious material (aerosol) is believed to be the most significant means of exposure. It is possible to acquire the infection through broken skin or mucous membranes that are directly exposed to infectious material.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2016
Broke guys forum. grin
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by free2blast(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2016
erico2k2:

Learn to read and understand before you make comments. It's not news that rats always poo inside gari if its not properly covered. It's not that they dont poo in other food items, its just that it hard to notice it when they do it on garri because it absolves.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 02, 2016
Lol, you can also pour bleach and soda water inside the garri..the taste will take you to heaven grin
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by fashrola(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Na to buy Koko Garri sure pass angry
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Caseless: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2016
nevi12:
Lol u crzly had to show d empty plate too cheesy
wink
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by holluwadre: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed

Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku
e be like say d hunger never hook u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Disgusting Facts About Fast Food / The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice / See How I Make Stir Fry Spaghetti, So Delicious (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.