Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Ucl:man City Promotes Iheanacho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ucl:man City Promotes Iheanacho (436 Views)

JS Hercules Promotes Daniel Amokachi To Technical Director, Poses With Family / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ucl:man City Promotes Iheanacho by kiyosaki1(m): 4:28am On Feb 02, 2016
•As Guardiola takes over
Nigeria youth prodigy Kelechi Iheanacho has been rewarded with a place in the UEFA Champions League squad by Manchester City following his impressive performances for the EPL club.
Iheanacho, who netted a treble weekend in a cup game against Aston Villa at the Villa Park, has replaced recuperating Samir Nasri in a 25-man squad submitted by Manuel Pellegrini.
“Yes, he (Iheanacho) will be in the squad,” said Pellegrini on Kelechi’s inclusion in the Champions League squad.
“I have decided that. I told Samir Nasri I will take him out from the Champions League list because he needs two more months to be fit.
“We need Kelechi, because with Wilfried Bony injured, we cannot afford any risks if Kun [Sergio Aguero] is injured.
“So, we need Kelechi in the squad.
“It was not a difficult decision, but it’s always difficult to tell a player he will not continue in the selections.
“But I think Samir understood. He has already been injured for three months and he understands.”
Nasri has been out of action with a hamstring injury for three months.
Meanwhile, Pep Guardiola has agreed a three-year contract to become Manchester City manager in the summer.The 45-year-old, currently in charge at Bayern Munich, will replace Manuel Pellegrini, who will leave on 30 June.
A statement from City said Chilean Pellegrini, 62, was “fully supportive” of the announcement being made.
The club said negotiations with former Barcelona coach Guardiola had been “a recommencement of discussions that were curtailed in 2012”.
Roberto Mancini was City boss at the time, and led them to the domestic title that year.
Pellegrini succeeded the Italian in 2013 and took the club to a Premier League and League Cup double the following season.
He has won 64 of his 99 Premier League games as a manager, a record only eclipsed by Jose Mourinho, who won 73 of his opening 99 league matches as Chelsea boss.
City could yet win four trophies under Pellegrini this season.
They are already through to the final of the League Cup and are second in the league behind Leicester City.
The Blues are also through to the knockout stages of the Champions League and will play Chelsea in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
“I talked to the club and I will finish my contract on the original date,” said Pellegrini on Monday.
“We signed a contract for one more year, but with a clause that one of the club or me cannot use that extended contract. So I will finish here on the original date.

Source sunnewsonline.com/new/uclman-city-promotes-iheanacho/

Re: Ucl:man City Promotes Iheanacho by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 02, 2016
I WAS SAD WEN I HEARD DAT GUADIOLA IS COMING TO MANCITY.
DAT SINGS END OF THE ROAD FOR IHEANACHO.
COZ GUADIOLA IS A COACH DAT LIKES BIG BOOTS N BIG NAMES

(1) (Reply)

Feb 2: Today’s Valuable Soccer Prediction / Discussion:See Manchester City Players Who Will Be Leaving The Club Soon / 12odds Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.