Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

A Perfect Business? There Is A Better Way...what Are Your Values? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Perfect Business? There Is A Better Way...what Are Your Values? (376 Views)

What Values/skills Will You Add To Your Life 2018? / A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired / How To Negotiate A Better Salary | Career Advice Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Perfect Business? There Is A Better Way...what Are Your Values? by ResidualIncome(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Below are simply musings which may make some sense to a few -

Almost every success or failure in life boils down to values. What are your values for work, for life, for finance etc.

The system has fashioned us this way:
Go to school, get good grades, get a high paying job, live below your means, save money, get out of debt, have a good retirement plan.
Is there a problem with this? Money (currency) loses its value yearly...so why save something that loses value and rely on those savings as a retirement plan?

Someone shared a book with me by Robert Kiyosaki - do I believe everything written in that book...personal...but some things stood out for me
(and it was basically on values again):
If you want to be rich, learn to build businesses
It makes sense to build a business which you can pass on from generation to generation.
Why work hard for something you will never own?
We all know Kiyosaki and his EBSI quadrant thing?
E - Employee
S - Self employed (small business)
B - Business owner (Forbes describes this as a business with more than 500 employees)
I - Investor

These 4 people have 4 different values which drive them
E and S works for Security
B and I works for Freedom
B and I – work hard for a few years and for the rest of your life, money keeps flowing to you - simply referred to as Passive or Residual Income

Challenges of S and B
Self Employed – you’re your own boss, you do it on your own. If you are in a traffic accident, there goes your income. If you get older and you haven’t set enough money aside, you probably have to work for the rest of your life and no one to rely on.
as a B – you’re a team player and you work and plan with your team and count on your team.

Personally, I rather be a member of a team – and they can count on me as I count on them.

Any business whatsoever will make you money:
Restaurant
Lounge / Cafe
Fish farming
Sharwama production
Soap making
Franchising
Mining
Manufacturing
Car washing
Shoe shining
Leather works and shoe making
etc etc etc...all these business with the right values will make you lots of money - but you may be the centre of the business...you’re your own boss, you do it on your own. If you are in a traffic accident, there goes your income. If you get older and you haven’t set enough money aside, you probably have to work for the rest of your life and no one to rely on.

You really do not have much control if you work as an employee - you could be fired at any time, you could drop to a lower cadre and salary slashed because of mergers and acquisitions, crude oil price slash or government policy.
It is obvious that the smartest thing one can do is to build a business.

Is there a business that:
1. requires low or minimum start up capital
2. provides support to train, expose, and develop its partners
3. gives you reasonable targets and make you grow at your own pace

One of the hardest things to change is yourself.
It is hard to go from Employee to Small Business Owner or Big Business owner

What business allows you to take the time to make the mental, emotional changes required to move from Employee and Self Emplyed to the Business and Investor quadrants?

Please remember, change always creates upset but sometimes we all know we have to make those changes…it’s time for you to make that change.

Some people say Direct Selling, OR Leveraged Distributor Income provides this platform for any person willing to commit and work hard for 1 - 3 years. No get rich quick scheme things.

What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Career / Book Citrus Training Venue And Get A N2000 Coupon / Vacancy: Web/graphic Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.