Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria (6510 Views)

Former Pres. Goodluck Jonathan Spotted At Bank In Abuja (photo) / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' / THE Top 10 Countries With The Strongest Army In Africa!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Marymos: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2009
It was amazing that in the midst of fear and anxiety CBN unfold the financial status of all the commercial banks in Nigeria as revealed in yesterday's Punch.The following banks er merge as the strongest:DIAMOND BANK,FIRST BANK,GTB AND SKYE BANK while Union bank and Unity bank are stated to be the stress banks.Others like Zenith,Bank PHB , came as satisfactory while UBA,Intercontinental bank,  fall under the non satisfactory.What are your opinion about this outcome?
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by dnex(m): 8:50am On Jul 01, 2009
Please post the full article or at least a link to it, and do that in another section apart from Politics. Unless of course you believe there's something political about the report.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2009
Liars. The 5 safest banks to put my money are under my matress, in my pot, back pocket of my old suit, inside the VCR and with my girl freind.
Your money is much safer than in nigerian banks.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Marymos: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2009
dnex,refer to Tuesday's punch(30/06/2009) for comprehensive detail.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by tymoti(m): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2009
That article in the punch newspaper yesterday is not to be taken seriously! There were no basis for their categorization and the newspaper failed to tell us the parameters that were used in judging whether these banks are strong,satisfactory,shaken or stressed!
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

Liars. The 5 safest banks to put my money are under my matress, in my pot, back pocket of my old suit, inside the VCR and with my girl freind.

GBAM!  shocked
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by informat09(m): 10:13am On Jul 01, 2009

LOL smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

oga Tudor don kolo
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by otokx(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2009
UBA and INTERCONTINENTAL should improve o.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by atilla(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

I agree with the rest but dont u know that money with the girlfriend depreciates and is subject to cot, vat, up country charges, atm and telephone charges. Im not sure about that one oh. Maybe inside my dog cage.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Marymos: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
I will like to commend the management of DIAMOND BANK,GTB,1st bank and skye BANK for their outstanding performance.Is a suprise that the mighty have fallen.Multiplication of new branches can be misleading and is not an index of liquidity and efficiency.The management of UBA and Intercontinental Bank should pls take note of this.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by ThinkRait: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
Topic says Five strongest banks. Post lists four.
I doubt the info.

However, I believe DiamondBank, GTBank and FirstBank are good banks.

UBA, Intercontinental and Oceanic are in the same category: many branches, multiple charges, crowded halls.

SpringBank, Unity bank and Union Bank should be converted to micro-finance banks.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by omooloyee: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nigeria best banks are

Interconnectal
Gtp
First city monument bank
Spring bank
hbp bank
oceanic bank.

while the banks that make noise and have nothing for you are zeinth bank, diamond bank, union bank, fidelity bank, zenith is the worst bank in federal character . look at its board of directors.
Godwin Emefiele
Jim Ovia
Adaora
Mr Amangbo
ikpobe
Elias Igbin -Akenzua
udom
amela Yough

i advice other group no put your money inside. he go disappear.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by moneygurl: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
Marymos:

It was amazing that in the midst of fear and anxiety CBN unfold the financial status of all the commercial banks in Nigeria as revealed in yesterday's Punch.[/b]The following banks er merge as the strongest:DIAMOND BANK,FIRST BANK,GTB AND SKYE BANK while Union bank and Unity bank are stated to be the stress banks.Others like Zenith,Bank PHB , came as satisfactory while UBA,Intercontinental bank,  fall under the non satisfactory.What are your opinion about this outcome?

It was [b]NOT
the CBN that released the information, it was a magazine in France called Africa Report.
Here is a link to the article and what the CBN and NDIC had to say about the report

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1977:banks-not-distressed-ndic-says&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Finance/5432313-146/story.csp

Even though I am not a big believer in all this rating agencies (Fitch, S & P, Moody's), the bankers should not complain because lack of disclosure is the reason why these newspapers are speculating. There is nothing wrong in a newspaper or even banks or investment institution rating other banks, it happens around the world. Bank of America rates other banks, and other banks rate (buy or sell) Bank of America.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by omooloyee: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
those people no know anything we are nigerian and we know those good banks. diamond bank is not a trusted bank.

the best banks is

1 interconnental
2 GTB
3 PHB
4 Oceania
5 spring bank
6 FCMB
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Marymos: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
Moneygurl thanx for the additional info.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by muhsin(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
The list is very much surprising.
Especially seeing that even Zenith bank is not enlisted.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by OYBMEND: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2009
Hope we do not have a situation where the former MD of First Bank want to now use his new position as CBN Governor to fight First Bank's competition and Rivals.
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by IFELEKE(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tudór:

;DYou are Nuts tudor
But seriously, The Orange Bank Rules!
Re: The Four Strongest Bank In Nigeria by Florentino: 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2009
first bank
uba
zenith
skye

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS Of Former President, Jonathan Drinking Alcohol Surface Online / Federal Ministries, Agencies Owe N93bn Electricity Bills – ANED / We Have Not Endorsed Atiku, Obi –ohanaeze Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.