Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application (41163 Views)

4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! / Where In Nigeria Is Pank Shin? Truecaller App Keeps Giving That Location. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by patani(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
The truth is, even of the app is not installed on your phone..the it contact Facebook for your information and populate it's database
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Xhaka(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
its a useless app, had to uninstall it from my c8
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by samuelchimmy(m): 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
Burger01:
Oga, you can configure truecaller not to share your number and other details smiley
for sure na.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by airsaylongcon: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
pcguru1:

Interesting ! thanks for the information, yeah you are right i even remembered when using BB10 and Nokia X i had other store apps, however the biggest issues i had was Google Play services; as it was required for most games i wanted to play, when it comes to Android i don't try to install stock because my card is connected and my fear about rooting is given illegal apps permissions. Yeah you are right.

This right here screws me up on my Amazon Kindle! I can't run the YouTube app cos it requires Play Services. Play services sef will not install on my Kindle. They do know how to tie you in
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by An0nimus: 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
Never liked that app and unlisted myself going to two years now. If it's true unlisting is only effective for a year then I have to unlist myself again and again.

Personally, it is gross violation of my privacy to give the whole world information about me because my friend saved my details in his true caller enabled phone. To add salt to injury you now do it without my consent.

Don't get me wrong, I know all these app/software guys do funny privacy violation deals when we use their products but at least they don't make it so in-your-face. Just like on Whatsapp where I care not when last you were online and deactivated showing mine, I care not to know every number who's calling me. This, as some 'righteous' posters have wrongly assumed here, does not in anyway make me a thief or shady.

Some of us just prefer the anonymity.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Kazrem(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Here is it: whether you have true caller on your phone or not, you are exposed to the world once you are on the internet. Either Facebook, twitter, gmail or even our Nairaland, you are one click away from being recognised. There was a day I googled my name and it brought out my name and number everywhere I have used or filled a a form even where I have forgotten I did. The thing is that one should be true to the world else you will be bursted embarrassingly.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by nawa1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
it's almost impossible to get pass their two words captcha. criminal sad
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by blackboy(m): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm. What are we trying to hide. Nothing or almost nothing in this world is private. Privacy is lost when you click Accept on the internet, own an email, atm debit credir card, bank account, passport, drivers licence or register for any thing. And with satelites pls. Just dont have skeletons to hide
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Jinf: 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Been tempted to install that app since i heard of it...
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by bettercreature(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Btruth:
Ain't downloading that thing for any amount of money in the world. I so much cherished my privacy.

I could get upset, when people start asking me such an unnecessary questions about me.

wink
You dont know how it works,the OP is a learner,you dont have to download true caller before it shows your name to the world

If a person who has true caller on his phone saved your name as PLUMBER,that is what your number would be showing to anyone you try to call privately

From experience

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by KINGwax007(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
optional1:
abeg God go bless u x3 if u go fit buy gas 4 me while i still dey sch.
stop making everything sound bad. To fill a 5kg gas, u need less than 1,500. To buy, 4,000.

So, wetin?
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Jonwesley(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
I have that app downloaded on my lumia phone but don't know how to use it. Can anyone help and explain the steps for me to learn? Please?
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by optional1(f): 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
KINGwax007:
stop making everything sound bad. To fill a 5kg gas, u need less than 1,500. To buy, 4,000.

So, wetin?
Will u buy it nd fill it 4 me? Yes/No
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Diaryofnaija: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Datevilme:
How to Avoid Truecaller:

1. Buy a new Sim
2. Register the Sim
3. Buy a nokia torchlight fone and put the sim inside
4. Dont call anybody with the fone, and dont give anybody your number.

wink wink

This guy am quoting is hilarious, I swear grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by KINGwax007(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
optional1:
Will u buy it nd fill it 4 me? Yes/No
no
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by optional1(f): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
KINGwax007:
no
no quote me again
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Larynx:
And that's how some people can never n will never be a political office holder... What's so special about ur phone number?L.
. What's so personal about it... The worst u can do is to not pick calls that u don't ve deir number. U r just saying trash with all wah u wrote about True caller.... Anywaiz, it' s one of the best app I've ever come across at least it reveal the identity of people without charges....

I am sure you did not read that part I said , the advantage outweigh the disadvantage .
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
enigma2007:

The fact that you did not download it does not mean it's not on somebody's contact and that might have been uploaded to Truecaller.. So either ways, you are going to be affected.

Thanks for that
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by KINGwax007(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
optional1:
no quote me again
undecided
Like it was fetching me cash before

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by optional1(f): 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
KINGwax007:
undecided
Like it was fetching me cash before
lol hiss
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
ayaoba1997:
wanna teach me? wink cheesy

You have to read everything , sorry if you are expecting another answer . I read most terms and condition for days befor accepting it, coolthat's the secret bro.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
bettercreature:
You dont know how it works,the OP is a learner,you dont have to download true caller before it shows your name to the world

If a person who has true caller on his phone saved your name as PLUMBER,that is what your number would be showing to anyone you try to call privately

From experience

And I wonder how you pass angry , read again my friend .
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by KINGwax007(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
optional1:
lol hiss
lemme check ur profile pix sef...
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by lawboss: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Electronzeez:

We gave them the approval bro grin. I believe you must agree to the terms and condition before downloading it.

Terms and conditions are always very long , I have a boss that taught me how to read terms and conditions before clicking Accept or sign.
pls inbox me how to read terms n conditions, cos I feel guilty anytime I jst click accept cos d writings is jst too long too even consider, even d font size most times tells u,dis is a load to read.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by optional1(f): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
KINGwax007:
lemme check ur profile pix sef...
lol beautiful ini
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by delishpot: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
ednut1:
last year i was almost kidnapped/robbed together with a friend at agungi area of lekki , we entered private car going to VI after we missed staff bus naso the fool start to give use mumu stories, before we know wats up, we were heading inside agungi, my friend jumped out of the car after he kept going deeper into agungi o me self follow suit. i realised i still had the business card he gave us as he was giving us his mumu gists. naso i try search d number on truecaller o in the afternoon. didn't know if someone searches ur number on truecaller u would be notified by email. naso the fool called me back, omo i fear o grin angry

Instead wey you for carry police follow am you still fear join even as you escape. Oh well, at least he has the opportunity to pick an unfortunate person thanks to you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by KINGwax007(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
optional1:
lol beautiful ini
yeah... I admit, ure beautiful... But the problem is that I'm so much engaged that if I have to run after u, it will be a hit and run affair.... wink wink

But dnt be shy, this is slidewaxie. The badt guy.

slidewaxie@gmail.com

Now, I also take 'No' for an answer...ain't no biggie in that.

cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by ayaoba1997(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Im not a bro, im a sis. Point of correction. undecided cry
Electronzeez:

You have to read everything , sorry if you are expecting another answer . I read most terms and condition for days befor accepting it, coolthat's the secret bro.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by georgylee: 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Yes, I buy your advice..... I will comply.....
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by ThundrCork(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Useful
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Akainzo(m): 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
lomprico:

once u type any number, truecaller searches the www to locate any name tagged with that number, even if u dont have the app. when it first came out it used my facebook name to link my number, and that made me remove my phone number from fb. and also if i have truecaller app on my phone and ur number is among my contacts, its still links you to its data base, even if someone elese with d app dials that ur number, it shows d name i saved it with on my phone.
for eg my mus still uses nokia touch phone (she prefers it for its simplicity and she has never had a smart phone) but if search her number in a strangers trucaller app, the name 'mum" appears.

it a nutshell we are all exposed to this.

Actually, once you go through the UNLIST process of Truecaller, your name/identifier will not pop up again on anyone's phone so long as you uninstall Truecaller app from your phone.

Even if someone with the Truecaller app has you as a contact, your details/identifier will not be updated.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by ednut1(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
delishpot:

Instead wey you for carry police follow am you still fear join even as you escape. Oh well, at least he has the opportunity to pick an unfortunate person thanks to you.
u know how nigeria police work, wetin i go tell police say happen self abi u wan make dem lock me up instead. i was working 8-9 then with sunday o, where d time self sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones / 10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016 / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.