Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog (5240 Views)

5 Simple Steps To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name / 8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name - NCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by wataja: 8:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Check out www.wataja.com , a safe classified site that allows you post all your free adverts to real buyers.
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Naijaaccountwiz: 8:35am On Mar 31, 2016
This is good, a dot com domain also, sends a message to search engines that you mean business
www.naijaaccountwiz.com
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Emeka71(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2016
Informative; look out www.9jatotalfacts.
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by otodeluxe(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2016
Nice post op, keep it up
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Do you have Google AdSense on your blog because I'm seeing some ads
Is that really a bad thing?
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Check out my blogger blog.
www.gossipheart.com

You have a nice blog, keep it up!
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
DrAda:
I must confess.. Blogging is tough. But one thing remains constant and the key to consistency... Blog what you are passionate about

Exactly, this also applies to all business endeavours
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
JohnNgene:
Anatech, there's also another way to choose your domain name which you didn't mention.

If the domain name you wish to use has been taken, go to WhoIs.com to check for the contact details of its owner, call the owner and negotiate to buy it from him/her.

For instance, you can buy MyMainMarket.com, SultanOfSokoto.com and Biafia.com from me if you're interested.

Everyone, I can also suggest very simple and memorable .com domain names if you contact me. But no be free o! You go pay me at least N500 (five hundred naira). Lol.

Thanks for the information, but if the owner does not have it parked and is currently using it, it may be hard to conclude on any negotiations
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
I want to learn how to blog. Someone who knows how to teach a novice should please beeb me on whatsapp +2348109246555, or call+49022015680.
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by HomeOfMe(f): 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Anatech:
What is a domain name?

A domain name is used to locate an organization on the internet, it identifies one or more IP Addresses or a particular Web page. Every domain name has a suffix that indicates which top-level-domain (TLD) it belongs to. Examples of TLD’s are gov, edu, org, com, net, com.ng etc.

Finding out how to choose a domain name is the first step in starting your website, and getting it right is mandatory to the success of your website below are some tips to choose a domain name that not only defines the purpose of your website, but can easily be remembered or indexed (by search engines). Remember that these are suggestions, not rules.

Use your brand name

You might think that your domain name must be some generic name like “clothes.com” if you are selling clothes. Witness, ask yourself, did you not have a brand in mind when you were looking for some clothes? www.gucci.com or www.prada.com rather than just www.clothes.com.

For that reason, I personally feel that a domain name that matches your brand name is very important. The very name that you use to advertise your product is the name that you will want for your domain, because that is the first thing that people will try in their browser. It is also the easiest thing for them to remember, and whatever that is easily remembered, will be more likely to be tried out than the obscure domain name.

Try to use Dot-Com available domains

The .com TLD (top-level domain) is obviously the most widely accepted extension for a domain name. It is also the easiest to remember. Most people who want to visit your site will go for the name of your business alongside the “.com” TLD

But if the .com TLD of your name of choice has been taken, is best not to get an alternate TLD for that same name as yours, doing so may drive traffic to your competitor’s site. For example, if your company name is Fab Hair and there is already a company using the domain name www.fabhair.com, do not try to get www.fabhair.com.ng, instead try getting another name.

If you eventually get a domain name with a suffix other than “.com”, make sure that you promote your business or website with the full domain name. For example, if your domain name is www.fabhair.com.ng, make sure that when you advertise your site or business, call it www.fabhair.com.ng not “Fab Hair”. Otherwise your clients will navigate to the “.com” extension, visiting your competitors instead.

Read More: http://www.anatech.com.ng/how-to-choose-a-domain-name/
How do I go about it and how much does it cost? Is it affordable?
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
HomeOfMe:
How do I go about it and how much does it cost? Is it affordable?

Domain name are affordable as of today here is a short price list
.com domain: N3000
.com.ng domain: N1500
.ng domain: 15,000

you can purchase from http://www.whogohost.com
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
DaVinChiSam:
How do you change you ..com to a .com?

This post may be of help: https://support.google.com/blogger/troubleshooter/1233381?hl=en
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by HomeOfMe(f): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Anatech:

Domain name are affordable as of today here is a short price list
.com domain: N3000
.com.ng domain: N1500
.ng domain: 15,000

you can purchase from http://www.whogohost.com
The .com which is N3000,how do I pay for it with my. Gtbank atm and is it for a month or a year? Thanks.
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 1:08am On Apr 01, 2016
HomeOfMe:
The .com which is N3000,how do I pay for it with my. Gtbank atm and is it for a month or a year? Thanks.

You can pay via card or bank deposit and it last for a year
Thanks
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Anatech(m): 1:09am On Apr 01, 2016
whizztee:
http://www.xtremetechhub.com

You need some work on your theme
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by HomeOfMe(f): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2016
Anatech:

You can pay via card or bank deposit and it last for a year Thanks
Thanks a lot
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2016
Anatech:

You need some work on your theme

Thanks bro. Already done that
Re: How To Choose A Domain Name For Your Blog by mobilefam: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Importing Edited Image From Photoshop To Coreldraw / Strategies That Will Boost Your Website Traffic Right Away. / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.