Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,002 members, 7,845,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

I Suffered A Lot In The Hands Of EFCC — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Suffered A Lot In The Hands Of EFCC — Amaechi (481 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Senate Suspends Confirmation Of 27 INEC RECs Over Magu's Leadership of EFCC / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Suffered A Lot In The Hands Of EFCC — Amaechi by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has stated that he suffered a lot in the hands of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) as the Rivers State governor, saying “I suffered a lot about corruption without any proof against me.”

The former Rivers State governor stated this on Tuesday, while delivering a lecture entitled: “Legislature and Executive Partnership for Effective Performance” at retreat for the executive arms of the Plateau State government, held at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, in collaboration with Jos Business School and German International Corporation (GIZ).

“I was harassed, though I fought my way through. They accused me of corruption, I suffered a lot, I suffered a lot about corruption. I don’t like money, I believe once you can feed, you don’t need money again, all those who accumulate wealth are doing so to their detriment,” he said.

On the relationship between the executive and legislature, the Minister of Transport said the success of any administration depended on the relationship between the two arms, adding that commissioners are the drivers of the synergy and cordiality.

According to him, to have a smooth sail in terms of administration, the executive arms, especially the commissioners, must see the lawmakers as partner in progress, adding that they should have a high sense of regard for the legislature.
http://newsplus.com.ng/rotimi-amaechi-says-he-suffered-in-the-hands-of-the-efcc/
Re: I Suffered A Lot In The Hands Of EFCC — Amaechi by PAINGAIN: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Wait
Re: I Suffered A Lot In The Hands Of EFCC — Amaechi by Mynd44: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2016

(1)

Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart / Lagos State Govt Launches Mobile Court 4 Traffic & Environmental Offenders(pics) / Alleged Asset Falsification: Supreme Court To Deliver Judgement On Saraki's Appe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.