Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gov Daniel treacherous –Alausa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Daniel treacherous –Alausa (644 Views)

Securitymen Bar Ex-gov Daniel From Entering Obasanjo’s Home / Speaker Bankole, Gov Daniel And Abiola's Daughter Lose Pdp Tickets / Efcc Traces £2.7m London Property To Gov Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Daniel treacherous –Alausa by Ijawman(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
Gov Daniel treacherous –Alausa
By RAZAQ BAMIDELE and WILLY EYA
Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Governor Gbenga Daniel.
Photo: The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The controversy over blood oath taking in Ogun State deepened on Tuesday as the embattled lawmaker Wale Alausa alleged that virtually all elected officers were compelled to take allegiance oath to support Governor Gbenga Daniel. The lawmaker, flanked by his colleagues including the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Tunji Egbetokun made the allegation at a press conference in Lagos.

Alausa whose nude picture was taken while taking blood oath was published in the media re-emphasised before journalists that Governor Daniel was the mastermind of the fetish act, which according to him, was being manipulated to blackmail him.

“I was used, dumped and abused by the same man that is now trying to pin a label of a fetish oath taker on me,” he said, describing Daniel as a treacherous individual. The lawmaker nearly broke down in tears while relating the harrowing experience he allegedly went through in the hands of the state governor.

“When the story about the oath-taking first came out, my first instinct was to hide myself given the shame and ridicule that the Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, is trying to put my family to. But following spiritual advice to that effect, I have no choice but to continue with what my conscience had earlier asked me to do, struggle for justice on behalf of my immediate constituency in Ijebu Ode, and Ogun State citizens in general.

“Friends, colleagues and people that I don’t even know have been calling me all kinds of names with abuses for taking a fetish oath. Some even went as far as to say I am a desperate politician who wants to remain in office to enjoy the spoils of politics by all means necessary. To such people, I say, forgive me. I am sorry. But you also need to understand where I am coming from and why I did what was reported by Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s newspaper in a manipulative way. I was used, dumped and abused by the same man that is now trying to pin a label of a fetish oath-taker on me.

“As a Yoruba, and an Ijebu for that matter, I am not an Omo Ale (bastard). I challenge you journalists here and those of your colleagues in Ogun State to go back and check my past activities as a member of the Ogun State House of Assembly. I was a very vibrant member of the Group of 15 credible legislators who declared through our removal of Hon. Titilayo Oseni as Speaker last year that we’ve had enough of civilian dictatorship in Ogun State. We stood our ground despite physical and spiritual threats to our lives. We were called names. They even said we took money from the former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to effect Oseni’s removal. But to God be the glory that the people of Ogun State and Nigerians interested in the affairs of our state have seen through that falsehood.

“Now, back to the issue of Omo Ale. It may surprise you to know that my father is the Chairman of the Ogun East Senatorial District of the Peoples Democratic (PDP). He is a well-respected title-holder as Otun Balogun of Ijebuland. Following our action against Oseni last year, pressures were mounted on my father to prevail on me to withdraw my support for the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Tunji Egbetokun. My father knows he has a principled son. His response to Otunba Gbenga Daniel each time such pressure came was that his son is an adult with a family of his own, who is able to take decisions without recourse to him.

However, when the pressures on my father became too much, he became the butt of jokes in party circles. It was as if he could not control his son. Suddenly, a non-existent Ogun East Elders Council was formed by Otunba Gbenga Daniel to usurp the functions of the constitutionally recognised Ogun East Senatorial District Executive headed by my father. Daddy was thoroughly disgraced wherever he went in the state by agents of Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Nevertheless, he did not budge. He left me to decide what is best for my constituency without putting any pressure on me. But the involvement of our royal father, (names withheld) by Otunba Gbenga Daniel, I believe, made my father bent a rule which he imbibed in us from childhood that, once we believe in something we should face it squarely without fear of anyone except Almighty Allah (SWT).

“You may want to check past editions of your newspapers to confirm what I am about to say. Somewhere along the line, the G-15 became G-14. This was celebrated in Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s newspaper as well as others without mentioning my name. But I hereby confess I was the one who left the group to pledge allegiance to the Governor following the untold pressure on my dad, especially the need to respect our royal father. The condition of pledging allegiance to Otunba Gbenga Daniel was humiliating, but before the Almighty Allah who created me, I stuck to my guns that unless he also took the same oath, I will refuse to do so.

“You might then wonder how the photograph came about. Long before then, especially before the 2007 elections shortly after the party primaries, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, had ensured that most, if not all those seeking elective offices took the oath of allegiance to him. You can ask your colleagues in Ogun State, if they are honest, they will also tell you that there is no Council Chairman that did not take the oath before their elections. But at that time, they know my background and they know such a thing could not be forced on me because the role I’ll play in the election will even be more than all of them combined together. So, I was left alone. But it was my dad they believed will hold me anytime they want.

“One thing I thank God for in all of these is that the confidence of my colleagues which I betrayed because I do not want to be labelled an Omo Ale has been restored by God Himself. Because how can one explain Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s release of a photograph he took deceitfully? I know he has been angry because he expected I’ll return to the G-15 and begin passing details of our meeting to him. But I refused. The oath I took was to the effect that I will not be among those who will impeach him from office.

It did not include spying on my colleagues. Part of the argument was that as an Ijebu, I should not allow the Egba to disgrace our son, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. I agreed after that pressure from my dad. But it was a reluctant decision, which I made as a dutiful Yoruba son to a father who has been everything to me.”
Speaking further at the press conference, Alausa who represents Ijebu Ode state constituency alleged that Governor Daniel ensured that elected officers take the oath of allegiance shortly after primaries of the People Democratic Party (PDP) before the last election in the state.

Alausa maintained that he was not alone and gave graphic details of how the state governor subjected the assembly members and other elected officers to take oath before the last general election in the state.

(1) (Reply)

Reps And 2011 Headache - Even Pdp Dey Fear ? / Will You Change Your Name? / Oath – Taking Politicians Are ‘satanic’-fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.