Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways (11879 Views)

Aerial View Of Participants At The Lagos City Marathon (Photos) / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) / PHOTOS: Jay Jay Okocha At Lagos Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Not my route, Not my business
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by jobhuntng: 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
ok...I don hear...if you need Gionee M2..check here https://www.nairaland.com/2910530/neatly-used-gionee-m2-sale
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Panzerfaust(m): 6:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nice. Now we have have a modern cycling event too like the Tour De France..."Tour De Lagos" anything that brings tourists will be good for the economy of Lagos. Wailers can go jump in the lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by cevek11: 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
As I see say Kenya shocked de come.. I just bow out.
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Ajibel(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
nawtikid:
Not lyk I'm totally against d idea of dis marathon thingy, but is dis wat lagosians nid ryt nw?

Dis governor amnode is more or less lyk an entertainer

So what do Lagosians need?

Is Lagos not an entertainment hub?

1 Like

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by macklef(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
debo07:
yea...there's money price also for the first 20 Nigerians to cross d finish line.so I'm nt concerned abt thos 20 world class marathoners.I'm focusing on being among d first 20 Nigerians
Oh i see. Let me save your moniker na.
I believe in u 100% buh dont forget me o wink
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by JayJustus(m): 7:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
Tourism at its finest...if Oil is messing up we can generate income through other means...Lagos is moving forward...oya ambode finish the monorail nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Tedassie(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
This is so so duumb,for Pete's sake they haven't explored the railway or waterways transportation system for the populace to enjoy,now they wanna host something as big as this and they feel they can just shut down motorable routes and expect people to be go about their normal business without stress

1 Like

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by XBLadez: 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dcaliphate:
Its GEJ's fault,.. His govt embezzled funds allocated for building race tracks hanging in the air .
Jesus Christ! grin
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by debo07(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
macklef:
Oh i see. Let me save your moniker na. I believe in u 100% buh dont forget me o wink
hahaha okay o
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Onegai(f): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
You can sponsor someone to run on behalf of a charity. My brother and his friends sponsored someone to run on behalf of a charity and for crossing the finish line, I think a company matched their donations and gave it all to the charity. So you can sponsor someone to run for Motherless Babies' Home and ask a company to match your donation if your runner finishes the marathon (not win, just finish). I'll like to run next year, for personal reasons.
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by segcymoor(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmnn
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by AVRecruit: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
This is so so duumb,for Pete's sake they haven't explored the railway or waterways transportation system for the populace to enjoy,now they wanna host something as big as this and they feel they can just shut down motorable routes and expect people to be go about their normal business without stress

what happens is most of these guys go abroad, enjoy the marathons and half marathons come back to nigeria, realize it doesnt exist then create it.

it is done with a self serving interest dont be suprised if it costs lots of money to participate to keep those without money out.
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Bamz(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
nawtikid:
Not lyk I'm totally against d idea of dis marathon thingy, but is dis wat lagosians nid ryt nw?

Dis governor amnode is more or less lyk an entertainer

It's an IAAF event undecided
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Bamz(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
debo07:
I pray I perform well cos I'm also a partaker of the race..#lagosmarathon2016

Best of luck bro. I would of participated, my fitness level isn't so good cry
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Dieumerci(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Total lock down.

What happens to those who had fixed their wedding or other events for that day.
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Yinkash100(m): 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dieumerci:
Total lock down.

nigerians and weddings.
No wonder it is nigeria's most Googled word
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Yinkash100(m): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
People that have not run to catch bus are running marathon. In case you have a good reason to keep moving just take it easy on yourself. Or go and read d history of marathon
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by teamchocolate: 3:22am On Feb 04, 2016
Exactly, that's the only thing that pisses me off about the news.. if ambode wants to host marathon, he should av bn sayin it since a month ago
That's how pro-active governors behave...

I av a lot of Waka on that Saturday and this slowpoke just wants to spoil it

Dieumerci:
Total lock down.

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by khattab02: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2016
Lagos wey still dey look for more spaces to clear hold up? That day will look like public holiday.

#eko onibaje ooo...
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by debo07(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2016
Bamz:

Best of luck bro. I would of participated, my fitness level isn't so good cry
I almost gave up too bt den I started training again wit one week to D day.I knw its nt enof 4 a marathon bt I will try my best.

1 Like

Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2016
olaolulazio:
Madness!
Click likes if u support this rubbish, share is u don't support this trash.

Ain't no trash dude. It's a way to market Lagos to the outside world! A nice initiative if I may add mate.
Re: International Marathon: Lagos Restricts Movement On Major Highways by TheAlchemist: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2016
AVRecruit:

what happens is most of these guys go abroad, enjoy the marathons and half marathons come back to nigeria, realize it doesnt exist then create it.

it is done with a self serving interest don't be surprised if it costs lots of money to participate to keep those without money out.

Don't you consider it a shameful thing that a city as big as Lagos does not have a single marathon. If you know how much foreign exchange can be realized from a well organized marathon you will know it is not self serving. Beyond even the monetary benefit, it is a message for all and sundry to leave an active life in simple word keep your body and mind fit.

Ambode is looking into the avenue of sport tourism... i am sure Gov Ambode's vision is to make Lagos the premier destination for sport tourism ahead of South Africa.

Wont surprise me if we have a classic cycling event to follow the Lagos Marathon aka Tour de Lagos, why not.

We have great local talent that are ready to shock even the Kenya and other elite international marathoners.

Kudos to Gov. Ambode and His Team, and the Management of Access Bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Andy Murray Finally Beats Djokovic To Claim World No 1 Spot In Tennis / 2 odds on sport tips daily? Let's Go! BACK TO BACK WINS / Oshoala Listed In The UK Guardian’s List Of 100 Best Female Footballers Of 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.