Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri (5006 Views)

7 Moments That Will Make You Proud Of Being Nigerian / Senator Abaribe Shouldn't Me My Igbo Heritage-chibuike Amaechi(min Of Transport) / We Are Going To Be Very Proud Of Our Country Once Again - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by thuggCheetah(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:
undecided
My Yoruba Muslim brother walahi dis thread really pain our oily skulls no b small
I thought our slimy skulls were calling igbos attache by force, naw we are acting like we don't care dat an opobo woman supports Biafra
But deep down inside us...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by hammerF: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
cheruv:
Opobo is Jaja's estate so any Ijo that tries rubbish there would meet the full force of Igbos worldwide....
Nde Rukwo take note angry

wat do u know about Bonny? Is it igbo like Opobo?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
thuggCheetah:

My Yoruba Muslim brother walahi dis thread really pain our oily skulls no b small
I thought our slimy skulls were calling igbos attache by force, naw we are acting like we don't care dat an opobo woman supports Biafra
But deep down inside us...

I don't respond to retards.

1 Like

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by thuggCheetah(m): 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

I don't respond to retards.
Den I guess u responded to me because I'm not a reta.rd
Our Yoruba skulls are so smart grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by Menace2Society(m): 12:12am On Feb 28, 2017
thuggCheetah:

Den I guess u responded to me because I'm not a reta.rd
Our Yoruba skulls are so smart grin
U be proper imbecil.e grin how old are u?8 right?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by thuggCheetah(m): 4:26am On Feb 28, 2017
Menace2Society:
U be proper imbecil.e grin how old are u?8 right?
yah

1 Like

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by cheruv: 7:37am On Feb 28, 2017
hammerF:

wat do u know about Bonny? Is it igbo like Opobo?
Bonny(Igbo: Ubani) was founded by Igbos from the Ngwa and Ndoki tribes.later they were joined by Ijos from nembe who became more populous than the founding Igbo clans but with the emergence of the slave trade Igbo dominance was restored and that island(Igbo: Agwii Ubani) has been Igbo since then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by ShootToKill: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2017
yoruba musleeem skulls will be seriously shattered by this. Why are Rivers Igbo not hating Imo Igbo? Don't they want yorubas to be happy and jump up for joy? grin

Where is midol my good friend? I miss him so much. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by hammerF: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
cheruv:

Bonny(Igbo: Ubani) was founded by Igbos from the Ngwa and Ndoki tribes.later they were joined by Ijos from nembe who became more populous than the founding Igbo clans but with the emergence of the slave trade Igbo dominance was restored and that island(Igbo: Agwii Ubani) has been Igbo since then

Thanks Bro, wat that means is that igbos are not landlocked after-all. Y do dey and Opobo use Amanyanabo title from Nembe 4 their kings? I heard their kings speak in igbo though?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by ariesbull: 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
nengibo:
Is it that Igbos would not be able to acheive Biafra without lies, or you feel everyone is an illiterate like majority of south easterners

Shakespeare write another story abeg
A woman not from Opobo kingdom speaking for Opobo kingdom ( nee EZIE)
Her husband is also not from Opobo, the fool that wrote this story isn't aware that no wari in Opobo bears Ogbuokiri
Well done Liepods, well done egberi tv, well done

Ogbukiri is an Igbo word.....Just negodu ewu aaa
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by Etogist: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lordave:
OP, you will be held responsible for any mass suicide that occurs tonight. grin
You mean mass suicides of the BR Republic?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by cheruv: 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
hammerF:

Thanks Bro, wat that means is that igbos are not landlocked after-all. Y do dey and Opobo use Amanyanabo title from Nembe 4 their kings? I heard their kings speak in igbo though?
Kingship is alien to Igboland... So when Igbos borrow it from their neighbors, they tend to model it after those they borrowed from. The only true Kings in Igboland are the Eze Nri and the Eze Aro. The others are copycats of foreign Kings viz
Oba>>Obi
Ata>>Atama
Amanyanabo>>Amayanabo
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by hammerF: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
cheruv:

Kingship is alien to Igboland... So when Igbos borrow it from their neighbors, they tend to model it after those they borrowed from. The only true Kings in Igboland are the Eze Nri and the Eze Aro. The others are copycats of foreign Kings viz
Oba>>Obi
Ata>>Atama
Amanyanabo>>Amayanabo

I think the fact that these kings go by Ijaw titles will pose a big problem. That is y they are trying to revive ibani language in bonny island and opobo might not be left out.

Secondly, is Eze Aro not a colonial creation or does the title predate the arrival of the imperialist. I always saw Aro-Confederacy as a slave trading establishment by the imperialist?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by hammer6: 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
cheruv:

Oba>>Obi
Ata>>Atama
Amanyanabo>>Amayanabo

Where do they use the Atama king title, i mean wat area and community?

Further, who is the paramount King between the Eze Nri and Eze Aro and y?
Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
nengibo:
Is it that Igbos would not be able to acheive Biafra without lies, or you feel everyone is an illiterate like majority of south easterners

Shakespeare write another story abeg
A woman not from Opobo kingdom speaking for Opobo kingdom ( nee EZIE)
Her husband is also not from Opobo, the fool that wrote this story isn't aware that no wari in Opobo bears Ogbuokiri
Well done Liepods, well done egberi tv, well done

Nengi you spend too much time replying these liepods.
No matter how you try they won't stop.
Just leave them alone to continue fooling themselves on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nnamdi Kanu Was Lured Into Negotiations And Then Arrested / What I Saw About Obi Lagos Rally That Is Funny / Bello Matawalle Result Surface Scores F9 In Maths And English(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.