Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) (19133 Views)

Dozens Of Kids Arrested Across U.S. Threatening To Attack Schools With Gun(Pics) / Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself / "Zuma Must Fall" Protest Going On In South Africa (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by metronaija: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-37RC8JKN5GU/VrJgRP_u-bI/AAAAAAAIOmY/V5ez7PJ2VTc/s400/2.png[/img]
Teachers at Matshitsholo High School, Ulundi, SA, arrived yesterday morning only to be confronted by angry parents threatening to bury them alive in coffins because they are lazy and selfish. The parents said they came to show the teachers how serious they are about their children's education.
One of the parents said:

"They are no better than ghosts, so we will bury them alive"

According to Daily Sun SA, the parents are demanding the immediate removal of the teachers.They said the teachers are expected to be teaching pupils during school hours, but instead use the time to rest or take care of personal matters.

"You are putting the future of our children at risk," said the parents.

Worried parent Mthembeni Sokhela, 47 told Daily Sun there is an ongoing fight at the school between teachers who belong to the National Teachers Union (Natu) and those who have joined the South African Democratic Teachers Union (Sadtu).

"I went to this school recently and found Sadtu teacher sitting under a tree. When the principal, a Natu member, told him he was supposed to be in class, the teacher told him to go there himself," said Sokhela.

He said the parents believe this is why the pass rate at the school had dropped. In 2014 and in 2015 only four pupils passed.

"How can children pass when teachers just sit around and still get a full salary every month?” asked Sokhela..

A worried grade 11 pupil shared her frustration with Daily Sun.

"Our teachers are selfish and they’re gambling with our future. We find ourselves caught in the middle of something that has nothing to do with us. Most of the times we are just sitting around because teachers refuse to come to class," she said.

SGB chairman Zweni Mbatha said:

"The situation is very tense. Angry parents threaten to bury the teachers alive if the department does not take action."

KZN Education spokesman Sihile Mlotshwa said the matter has reached their office.

"The MEC was due to hold a meeting at these school but had other commitments. She has sent a task team to meet the parents. We promise that a satisfying solution will be found," said Mlotshwa.

KZN Sadtu deputy secretary Dolly Caluza said:

"We distance ourselves from speculations that the misunderstanding between teachers at this school is union-motivated. We will try our best to support the school."

Natu deputy president Allen Thomson also denied that the ongoing fight has anything to do with the unions.

"It started in 2014 when teachers reported the principal for mismanagement. Ever since then he has been provoking them in every possible way," Thomson said.

Thomson appealed to the community to stop threatening teachers with coffins.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/photo-parents-threatening-to-bury-lazy.html
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by kingofchess(m): 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
this is very serious......I wish something like this can happen in northern part of nigeria

18 Likes

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Wizzykinging(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
So school don finish for SA ba??
undecided
Change the school instead of wasting money to buy casket

What a world!!!

Lord dash us more sense abeg cry

4 Likes

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by myfantasies(f): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Na wa ooo

Things dey happen
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is well in Jesus Name!....

It's Atobilobah!

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Edwinmason(m): 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
please bury my calculus and fluid mechanics teacher too

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmmm!
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by stanbuggy(m): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Is that not extreme. ..won't firing them just suffice?
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by stanbuggy(m): 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Edwinmason:

Now that's funny!

11 Likes

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by slimderek(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lol
Pathethic people
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by TippyTop(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Very determined parents, if only Bubu's parents were this determined the illiterate would have gotten some sort of education and a real certificate.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by kennyman2000(m): 10:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ohhh boy! Those parents no get joy at all.. We need to rent those parents to come and shakara our corrupt politicians too.

I think someone should advise Buhari to as well adopt that style in his Anti-corruption mandate.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Aregs(m): 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lol
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Tobium1(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
Edwinmason:

Abeg make u create space for my thermodynamics lecturer also

12 Likes

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Frank3n2(m): 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bury what alive?? Big joke, they can't... Bty South Africa teacher need to teach their students more about morals...
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by nzgal: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Edwinmason:

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by JennieCutie4U(f): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
hahahaha...these parents aren't smiling o. those teachers had better buckle up or else...lol ;Dhahahaha...these parents aren't smiling o. those teachers had better buckle up or else...lol
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by lagdmark(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
myfantasies:
Na wa ooo

Things dey happen
I no tell you, nobi for naija alone things dey happen.

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Howociqu(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
lol.....,,oya mi lenu o o
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by grandstar(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
That's why is why I detest unions with a passion. In South Africa, the unions are too strong and some of the most rigid labour laws in Africa.

That teacher could answer the principal that way because his job is protected.

South Africa has very high unemployment because of their idiotic labour laws that make it difficult to sack workers.

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by myfantasies(f): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
lagdmark:

I no tell you, nobi for naija alone things dey happen.
If na me be those teachers na automatic retirement for me
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Howociqu(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
olamide don pari word....melo melo la fe wi........,lol
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Truly, education is very important and protesting in good faith is an effective and sensible way. But the way they are going about it is just wrong! They are protesting for good education and still act ignorant. Oh Africa!

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
undecided SA very weird people
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by iambabaG: 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Many are mad but few are roaming!!
Dis country like our dear country is filled with craziness every corner u turn.. God help dis continent!!
Even d most enlightened nd exposed African country still dey fall hand like dis?

1 Like

Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by porrigeyam(m): 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmm na wa o

To the mod that banned me I'm back.... just know u won't be mod forever.... and don't dare come mainland and if u stay at mainland don't dare come outside because if u do all the slap i will give u will be a hit back 2 back. grin grin grin

Na joke i dey o
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Edwinmason(m): 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Tobium1:

Abeg make u create space for my thermodynamics lecturer also
aah there enough space for him and he senior broda ENGINEERING DRAWING
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by yomalex(m): 11:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chai
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by Etizz: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Africans just decided to remain in one place..... Pooo
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by smoby(m): 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nothing we no go see again for dis life grin how I Wish say ma nigerian this one happen for naija M sure say even jamb go dey give student automatic pass....
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by banmee(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofchess:
this is very serious......I wish something like this can happen in northern part of nigeria

Norther Nigeria? you mean the whole Nigeria don't you?
Re: Parents Threatening To Bury Lazy Teachers In South Africa (Photos) by amokeme(f): 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
TippyTop:
Very determined parents, if only Bubu's parents were this determined the illiterate would have gotten some sort of education and a real certificate.
and how about you that your parents were determined? What have you to show for it
He is still your president no matter what. Respect your elders sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zambia: Police Bars Ex-president Lungu From "Political Jogging" / Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shooting / Describe Nelson Mandela In One Word?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.