Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) (3404 Views)

Dignitaries At The Ground Breaking Event Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Project. PICS / You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Many things make Lagos the centre of excellence in Nigeria. Many of these things can only be viewed from the sky in order to better appreciate the beauty they contribute to the great city in SW Nigeria.

Below are pictures of Lagos as viewed from the sky. Pictures are courtesy @Gidi-traffic (twitter)

If you missed the 1st part of this thread, check it out in the link below

www.nairaland.com/2869581/photos-check-out-beauty-lagos

Eko o ni baje o!

Cc: lalasticlala mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Awesome!...

It's Atobilobah!
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
More beautiful pictures of the city that will soon host more beauties like the Eko atlantic and Orange island.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Forget the hustle and bustle we face on a daily basis, Lagos is still our love.

Click like if you are in love with Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Edwinmason(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
i rep lasgidi

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Eko akete.

Incase you missed the part 1 of this thread, check it out below.

www.nairaland.com/2869581/photos-check-out-beauty-lagos

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Deltagiant: 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wow, it's always a p!easure to view the hard work and common wealth of the 36 states of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Eko ile.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
May the peace we enjoy in Lagos never seize.

Eko o ni baje o!

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
I only check in to view "Brown Roofs" but I'm kinda disappointed!
undecided
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Flexherbal(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
The governors have been doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by ODVanguard: 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
More.

cc: bloodyBLOGGER, Mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nonybb: 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
d
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2016
ODVanguard:
I can see you have booked a space.

But, Pls don't tribalise the thread o!
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by suyamasta(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Oboyeee see as e com resemble obodo oyibo, this is beautiful, kudos to the very good administrators Lag has had and having
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by sandraokosun: 9:07am On Feb 04, 2016
Deltagiant:
Wow, it's always a p!easure to view the hard work and common wealth of the 36 states of the federation.
wer
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2016
Nothing spectacular about lagos. lagos is still a shity slum with poor electricity, poor transport with no speed or electric trains,no underground tunnels, smelly canals,poor drainage and dirty environment.

when compared with cities like jo-burg, nairobi, cape town, Rabat, kigali, or port victoria,lagos no follow

Its high time we stopped celebrating mediocrity .....it's only Nigerians especially our celebs that make lagos seem like its a cute city but when foreigners come, they get disappointed. Even we Nigerians know that lagos is shit....only that it is where all the entertainment is and there is money in lagos because of its size and the purchasing power of its inhabitants.

but when it comes to beauty and sophistication...lagos no follow. Abuja for me is ahead of lagos

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by snika: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2016
no mans land grin
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by snika: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2016
Wait OP lemme show you the real "beauty of Lagos" wink

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2016
samobo:
Nothing spectacular about lagos. lagos is still a shity slum with poor electricity, poor transport with no speed or electric trains,no underground tunnels, smelly canals,poor drainage and dirty environment.

when compared with cities like jo-burg, nairobi, cape town, Rabat, kigali, or port victoria,lagos no follow

Its high time we stopped celebrating mediocrity .....it's only Nigerians especially our celebs that make lagos seem like its a cute city but when foreigners come, they get disappointed. Even we Nigerians know that lagos is shit....only that it is where all the entertainment is ,but in beauty and sophistication...lagos no follow.
I doubt you even stay in Lagos. Perhaps, you live in the ajegunle slum. Mind you, all cities have their own slum.

If the pictures in this thread do not convince you of the beauty of lagos, then pls post pictures of your village for comparison. Funny IPOD

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by kYjelly2: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
I doubt you even stay in Lagos. Perhaps, you live in the ajegunle slum. Mind you, all cities have their own slum.

If the pictures in this thread do not convince you of the beauty of lagos, then pls post pictures of your village for comparison. Funny IPOD

Guy, even in Victoria Island, Lekki, Oniru... you still have open smelly gutters so what are we talking about

I like how you guys always go "ariel view" so as not to show the blemishes

Don't get me wrong, some strides have been made in Lagos, but they've been slow and not thoughtful enough, not nearly enough.

The most common sense example I can state is having open gutters in your so called high brow city in your so called high brow state.

Open freaking gutters!!!!!

The first Nigerian governor that will cover all gutters in his state ehn, that governor will earn a special spot in my heart, cause that's just common sense
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by kYjelly2: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2016
you pay millions for an apartment, you come outside and there's all this green algae, piss and shhhhit mixture just overflowing and open for all to see.

it's so bad that it seems open gutters don't even phase Nigerians anymore, some even play in the gutters sef undecided

guess the black man would rather adapt to shhhit and build around it, than seal and contain it.
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 04, 2016
kYjelly2:

Guy, even in Victoria Island, Lekki, Oniru... you still have open smelly gutters so what are we talking about

I like how you guys always go "ariel view" so as not to show the blemishes

Don't get me wrong, some strides have been made in Lagos, but they've been slow and not thoughtful enough, not nearly enough.

The most common sense example I can state is having open gutters in your so called high brow city in your so called high brow state.

Open freaking gutters!!!!!

The first Nigerian governor that will cover all gutters in his state ehn, that governor will earn a special spot in my heart, cause that's just common sense
no one has told you that lagos is a perfect city. Lagos is a working city.

Even major cities in the world have their own slums and ills. I see no reason why you shouldn't celebrate the progress lagos is making.

On Open gutters: work is going on to cover such and the new ones being built are covered.

I doubt if you have travelled out of Lagos to the other cities you are using as yardstick to measure lagos. If you have, you would notice that they are also suffering from similar ills even though not this much. We will get there.

Are you satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by kYjelly2: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2016
obviously this goes to the whole of Nigeria, but I'd have expected Lag to lead the way, mtcheew undecided

dumb Nigerian leaders and followers that have adapted to shhhit

Remember when my Yankee friend came to see me with his wife and we went clubbing on the Island, see us Gutter-Hopping, as in, skip to my leu, hehehe

naija, naija, naija, how many times I call u
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 04, 2016
kYjelly2:
you pay millions for an apartment, you come outside and there's all this green algae, piss and shhhhit mixture just overflowing and open for all to see.

it's so bad that it seems open gutters don't even phase Nigerians anymore, some even play in the gutters sef undecided

guess the black man would rather adapt to shhhit and build around it, than seal and contain it.
I feel your point.

An issue here is that are people willing to watch their houses demolished just for government to construct such?
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2016
kYjelly2:
obviously this goes to the whole of Nigeria, but I'd have expected Lag to lead the way, mtcheew undecided

dumb Nigerian leaders and followers that have adapted to shhhit

Remember when my Yankee friend came to see me with his wife and we went clubbing on the Island, see us Gutter-Hopping, as in, skip to my leu, hehehe

naija, naija, naija, how many times I call u
did your Yankee friends tell you that Lagos started at the same time with New York?

We will get there

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by kYjelly2: 9:52am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
no one has told you that lagos is a perfect city. Lagos is a working city.

Even major cities in the world have their own slums and ills. I see no reason why you shouldn't celebrate the progress lagos is making.

On Open gutters: work is going on to cover such and the new ones being built are covered.

I doubt if you have travelled out of Lagos to the other cities you are using as yardstick to measure lagos. If you have, you would notice that they are also suffering from similar ills even though not this much. We will get there.

Are you satisfied?

if it's a work in progress, then why come here to brag about its beauty, when you know you've got shhhhit infested gutters that you haven't cleaned up yet, huh

seems to me like you should be rolling up your sleeves to clean that shhhh then come back and repost when at least you have pedestrians that can walk a kilometer without sighting a shhhity gutter.
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2016
kYjelly2:

if it's a work in progress, then why come here to brag about its beauty, when you know you've got shhhhit infested gutters that you haven't cleaned up yet, huh

seems to me like you should be rolling up your sleeves to clean that shhhh then come back and repost when at least you have pedestrians that can walk a kilometer without sighting a shhhity gutter.

nothing is perfect. You make it sound as if the city is shitt itself, yet you live in the so-called shitt. Why not vamoose to your village if it sickens you?

If you know the amount of countries in this world that would die to have the status of lagos, you won't be here rubbishing your country's effort. Perhaps you are just a hater who never sees any good in his neighbours work.

Lagos is working and we are proud of it. If you have reservations, drop it like a sane mind who wants his criticism heard instead of calling a lovely city shitt, city that existed before you and will continue after you are gone.

We are not New York but we can be better if folks like you don't rubbish our progress all in the name of criticism.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by ODVanguard: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
I can see you have booked a space.

But, Pls don't tribalise the thread o!

I get two nice aerial views shots wey I wan add join yours but can't do so with my phone for now.
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by ODVanguard: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2016
samobo:

Its high time we stopped celebrating mediocrity .....it's only Nigerians especially our celebs that make lagos seem like its a cute city but when foreigners come, they get disappointed. Even we Nigerians know that lagos is shit....only that it is where all the entertainment is and there is money in lagos because of its size and the purchasing power of its inhabitants.

but when it comes to beauty and sophistication...lagos no follow. Abuja for me is ahead of lagos

Bro, you can make your criticisms without exaggerating. I have been to more than half of the cities you listed above and the only ones that beat Lagos be it in skyline or infrastructure are Joburg and Capetown, but for goodness sakes Lagos beats Kigali hands down and even Nairobi isn't attracting the level of interest and investments that Lagos is pulling owing to its strategic location. Lagos economy is larger than that of most African countries. Abuja depends majorly on government business and even economically and aesthetically has a long way to go to match Lagos, & neither Abj match Lag in terms of development and FDI attraction -- remember that Lagos ceased from being a Capital 25-yrs ago. Abuja skyline in its present state doesn't come close to that of Lag, and if you disagree post pictorial evidence for us to see. #Truth.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by Aspireahead(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2016
i see this thread going tribal. the op has started by calling someone who criticized his post an IPOD.
on the aside, i hate large cities...dont know why...probably the noise pollution and the individualistic lifestyles of the inhabitants. Lagos fine sha
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (part 2) by ODVanguard: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2016
snika:
Wait OP lemme show you the real "beauty of Lagos" wink

Lagos slums are child's play compared to Nairobi's Kibera slums - the largest urban slums in Africa, even as Nairobi fine reach. Even SA has worse slums where the blacks were formerly confined to during apartheid. Google Alexandra, Diepsloot, Ponte City, and Khayletisha slums at Joburg and Cape town. Those slums still stand till today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Niger Delta Avengers: Buhari Will Not Leave Ogoniland Alive / Fr. Mbaka: "What God Told Me About Orji Kalu" / Five APC Governors Working For Atiku - Leaders. Ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.