Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon (17596 Views)

How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device / Glo Indeed Grandmasters Of Worst Network In Nigeria- Total Blackout Redeem Lotto / On A Budget, But Want To Experience Android 6.0? Pick Up The Stylish TECNO W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Estacy22: 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
It's unfair on the part of MTN who is always found of either defaulting or go against the law of the country where they operate. I wonder if there is no longer social responsibility ethics for MTN.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Ujunkem(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:
Nigerian politicians are killing businesses in Nigeria.

Rather than rally around willing investors and struggling SMEs in the country to fight these incessant taxations from the government, from royalties, omo-oniles, and touts; we go about defending the same politicians who have sold their lives to the devil.

If Nigerians could support the idea of N50 levy on bank transactions, then I'm sorry to say the future of Nigeria is blank!

Nigeria, as of 2014 ranked 131st country on the "ease of doing business."South Africa as of same year ranked 39th out of a total 185 nations.

One of the indices for that ranking from 'Doing Business' is "protecting investors." Nigeria ranked 64 on that particular parameter, while SA got 10. Another is "Paying Taxes." While SA got 24, Nigeria disgracefully and shamelessly got 170 out of 185.

These indices are clear and well spelt out, but some shameless propagandists whose level of illiteracy cannot comprehend common & simple statistics prefer to feed the masses with disturbing chants and media propaganda.

Truth is Nigeria is backward, rigid and full of visionless, fat but empty, thin but wicked blank politicians. The only economic term in their belly is SALARY.

PAINFULLY, our youths think by hating SA companies online as prescribed by NCC and Communications Minister, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western businesses on their soil.

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry. They are not f00ls. A CEO who has spent his lifetime studying in world best business schools cannot be 'carjoled' by one ediot whose interest is how to wreck the fruit of striving labourers. Its not about Ondo state, but all NIGERIAN POLITICIANS & THE CIVIL SERVICE.

Please tell them what they don't know

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by alstacs(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
I am a little worried about the orientation we have about tax vis a vis encouraging investors into the country. We need to know that MTN doesn't break rules in South Africa and they don't joke with their tax payment there. why should that be different in Nigeria?
Secondly , there must have been a disagreement initially but there was a court ruling that supported the state and the least MTN could do was to appeal intend of blackmailing the government.
Some argue that most of the staff involved are not MTN staff but contract staff etc. as long MTN pays those people, it is what they earned and it must be taxed. you also need to know that MTN must have taxed those people but never remitted it to government.
in addition, the telecommunications sector doesn't need any incentives for any investment a beg. That sector is saturated. why didnt mtn close shop when it ews slammed fine by the government through the NCC? Do you know how much these foreign telecoms repatriate out of the country every month? sincerely they should stop defrauding the land.
If I work for the government and I have small shop where I sell provisions, there is VAT that I must include in the price of the items I sell and I must remit this to the government regularly but we never do all these. In fact most of us don't pay tax.
many of us are not so pained when people in government steal or mismanage money because we have no connection with this money theyr are stealing. After all, it is oil money. The term "tax payers funds/money" doesn't seem appropriate for us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria / Showcase Your 4G Signal And Share Your Location / Mobile Phone: Things You Must Remember Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.