Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line (742 Views)

Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation / N1.6bn Fraud: I Was Forced To Implicate Jonathan - Dudafa Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari temporarily lost the use of his mobile number acquired from telecommunications company, MTN Nigeria, Monday, February 1, when his line was deactivated, for failing to register properly.

Sources at the Villa Told THE BRIEF the Department of State Security, DSS, agents went into a frenzy, when the President’s mobile phone carrying an MTN SIM card, went dead.

MTN was immediately contacted on the issue and told the DSS that the line was among those deregistered by the company for incomplete registration.

Subscribers on the network who were yet to fully register their lines before the end of January, were pummeled with more than 10 notifications daily, asking them to complete the process, or lose all functions on the network.

A source from the MTN office in Maitama, Abuja, confirmed the incident to THEBRIEF, saying the act was expected, as not only the President’s line was deactivated, on the day.

The source who pleaded anonymity told our correspondent that the deactivation process was automatic, and did not respect the subscriber’s political or social status.

The DSS, had to hurriedly bring MTN staffers to the Villa, to reregister Buhari’s line.

Calls placed to Presidential Spokesman, Femi Adesina, to ascertain if the action of MTN was as a result of the N1.04trn fine the Federal Government placed on the company for failing to register some of its subscribers, and selling pre-registered SIM Cards, proved abortive.

Calls were not responded to, and text messages were not replied.

MTN Public Relations and Protocol Manager, Corporate Services Division Funso Aina, outrightly refused to comment on the issue, ignoring calls, text messages and emails which THEBRIEF sent.

http://www.thebriefng.com/2016/02/03/exclusive-mtn-deregisters-forced-to-reregister-buharis-line/
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by udumosam23(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Really?
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by orunto27: 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
ISIS(Bokoharam) from S.A. Buhari is too small for them eh? Mugabe is right. A.U. should set up ICC for Africa.
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by KINGwax007(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Let me tell you something, you need to shut up and talk sense.

There are some people in Nigeria that no service provider will touch their phone number.

Did u knw that some people have as much as 5million naira credit on their phone?

When my bro was working as a customer care service, there are some numbers placed under VIP... Nothing touches them. And when I said nothing, I mean, nothing! Except if the provider shuts down completely!
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Amazing
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
The Federal Might at Work!
Re: MTN Deregisters, Forced To Reregister Buhari's Line by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lool... so Buhari couldn't get to register is sim on time just as GEJ registered late for BVN... wat manner of slowpokes do we ve as leaders sef... wait ds Buhari sef...
1. does he have a foundation
2. Does he do charity
3. Does he have a school
4. Does he have any company or Ngo
5. Has he built a mosque for the muslim faithfuls...
Wat has ds man done for Nigeria before he became president?? just asking....

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: An Old And Decent Hag-picture / RERUN: Dan Onjeh Wants To Kill Me - David Mark claims; You Are A Wailer - Onjeh / Gov. Lalong Reveals Shocking Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.