Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA (13777 Views)

Abimbola Jayeola Captain Of Bristow Helicopter That Ditched In Atlantic Ocean / How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Bristow Helicopters Releases Statement On Crashed Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by metroparrot: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
Following Wednesday's controlled ditching of a Bristow Helicopter, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has suspended the operation of the Bristow Helicopters Limited's Sikorsky S-76X++ type till further notice.

The Helicopter ditched inside the high sea around 10 a.m on Wednesday with 11 passengers including two crew members on board.

Daily Trust reports that it is the same type of Helicopter also operated by the company that was involved in a crash on August the 12th, 2015 killing six of the 12 souls on board.

Due to frequency of the crash involving the aircraft type, the NCAA decided to wield the big stick and suspended the operation of the series to enable it carry out a full scale audit on its operations with particular emphasis on its Sikorsky S- 76C++ type.

Director General of NCAA, Capt. Mukhtar Usman who briefed newsmen at the NCAA annex at Murtala Mohammed International Airport said the authority viewed "with utmost seriousness the successive mishaps of Bristow Helicopters' operating aircraft Sikorsky S- 76C++ on the coastal waters of Lagos".

He however explained that the suspension of operations of the company does not represent a vote of no confidence on the company but to ascertain the adequacy and propriety of the operating aircraft type.

"This is not new in the industry, it is one of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) all over the world", Usman said.

He said the decision was without prejudice to the ongoing investigation of Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB), adding that the authority would fully support the bureau in its investigation.

Sikorsky S- 76 aircraft is an American medium - size commercial utility Helicopter manufactured by the Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation. It features twin turbo shaft engines; four- blades, main and tail rotors with a retractable landing gear.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/updatd-ncaa-suspends-operations-of-bristow-helicopter-s76-series/132201.html#FGdiyHceJpFp0KuB.99

1 Like

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok and amazing decision

- employees of oil companies will now travel by road
- the service level agreement would be revoked
- transport managers would be making contacts here and there.
- some affected staffers would be running double and triple shift offshore.
- more business for other operators
- the fleet would be covered with dust before they resume
- the renewal would be approved by the President
- workers and pilot would apply to Arik and Aero
- FAAN would lose money
- party affiliation is key in reactivating the license
- a comprehensive audit would be authorised on the remaining fleet
- they would issue a press release soon

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by NiGeRianTr0ll(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
My name is Vanquay, and I approve this message.

They shoulda have their license revoked a long long time ago but now that the "Giant of Africa" is ruled by a "Cow Rustling Dullard", and it's economy is in shambles, I suggest they also fine them excessively undecided

Never mind, I just read the full article, they are only suspending one series of operations not the whole line...WTF

I AM VANQUAY AND I DONT APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by DONSMITH123(m): 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
[ Psalm 18 ] [ For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said: ] I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:1-2 NIV
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by missKiffy(f): 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Its about time

1 Like

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Dollyak(f): 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thank goodness

1 Like

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
EVERY YEAR, HELICOPTER DEY CRASH CRASH FOR NAIJA...SMH
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Dollyak(f): 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
Welcome development at least. Nigeria needs to do more to reform the aviation industry. The problem is there isn't any solid rules and regulations with regards to safety and operations. Arik air should be next quite frankly. Sh!!t operation both locally and internationally

3 Likes

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by drnairalov: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
good call
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Politicalidiot: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
is that the right response?

2 Likes

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by OkochiZico(m): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
They had better suspend them to avert further occurrences.
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by tellwisdom: 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Who is obisco helicopter?..A Nigerian??
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Waleed3G: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Which one is obisco computer biko
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by LordAdam: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Keneking:
Ok and amazing decision

- FAAN would lose money

Oga easy na. Did you not read where the man said it is standard procedure. The crashes have been too frequent, there should be some investigation. I approve of the decision.

-Lord
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Kx: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Honestly, sanity is being restored.

This is the way to go. Once they pass NCAA safety and other key tests, they can hit the air.

3 Likes

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Irore: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dollyak:
Welcome development at least. Nigeria needs to do more to reform the aviation industry.

The pilot and co-pilot should be promoted after thanksgiving in the church.

3 Likes

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by SenatePresdo(m): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
NiGeRianTr0ll:
My name is Vanquay, and I approve this message.
They shoulda have their license revoked a long long time ago but now that the "Giant of Africa" is ruled by a "Cow Rustling Dullard", and it's economy is in shambles, I suggest they also fine them excessively undecided
The liverless cow rustling dullard dares not to fine a company originated from America! no no no no..he dares not.
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by loomer: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
Make una expel dem jare
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Onliie(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
This people no give me job that time
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by anonimi: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Crazy, risk-averse, superstitious Nigerians, nay Africans spoiling the little business and economic growth plus EMPLOYMENT opportunities in the society.
Rather than INVESTIGATE and provide remedial measures to avoid such accidents we prefer to take the EASY way out that will also ensure the operators can CORRUPTLY bribe the aviation authorities to re-issue the licence. shocked

Compare to what happened recently in Europe/Germany after the crash of a Germanwings flight due to mental health status of the pilot:

350 British pilots grounded in the past five years because of mental illness, figures released after Germanwings crash show

350 pilots were suspended due to mental illness in past five years
Civil Aviation Authority say 276 have since had their licence returned
Comes after Andreas Lubitz killed 150 people by crashing deliberately
He had a history of mental illness which he hid from his employers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3176861/Review-British-pilots-mental-health-wake-Germanwings-disaster-finds-350-grounded-past-five-years-276-returned-skies.html#ixzz3zDDG8wS8

The COMPANY and its flight operations were NOT suspended.
No.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851343_screenshot201509122155001_jpegbfa7784d893218beec7bbaa410aae3d9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by okonja(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Treatment after ailment
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by NiGeRianTr0ll(m): 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Onliie:
This people no give me job that time

"Dem No dey give Olodo Job"===Mussolini 1938

1 Like

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by olaolulazio(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Politicalidiot:
is that the right response?
Ask the gods
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Estimable(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
nicccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by deluxecad(m): 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
Keneking:
Ok and amazing decision

- FAAN would lose money

Not necessarily.

There are other helicopter operators like Aero, Caverton, Atlantic aviation

Operations will go on. It's a normal stand-down on flight operations for Bristow to review all Sikorsky S76C++ copters.

It's long overdue. Our regulatory authorities are always reactive, never proactive. They will never do the required inspections and audits during normal operations, when something happens, they all bare their rotten grills.

2 Likes

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by bigerboy200: 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
SenatePresdo:
. The liverless cow rustling dullard dares not to fine a company originated from America! no no no no..he dares not.
Mtscheew...Weda u like it or not,that liverless and cow rustling dullard is your president..deal with it..

1 Like

Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Barezzi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lmao
The poster above has had one too many!
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Paentera(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
Keneking:
Ok and amazing decision

- FAAN would lose money

Actually only Bristow's Sirkosky Type Helicopter operations are grounded, not its entire fleet.
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Paentera(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
deluxecad:

Not necessarily.

There are other helicopter operators like Aero, Caverton, Atlantic aviation

Operations will go on. It's a normal stand-down on flight operations for Bristow to review all Sikorsky S76C++ copters.

It's long overdue. Our regulatory authorities are always reactive, never proactive. They will never do the required inspections and audits during normal operations, when something happens, they all bare their rotten grills.

Too early to knock regulators alone, afterall, all those Aircrash Investigations we watch on National Geographic did not happen in Nigeria. So, accidents are prone to happen where machines interface with humans.
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by UNANews: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Kudos NCAA It Is Long Overdue Sha...But Better Late Than Never.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.una.news&hl=en
Re: Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA by Paentera(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonimi:
Crazy, risk-averse, superstitious Nigerians, nay Africans spoiling the little business and economic growth plus EMPLOYMENT opportunities in the society.
Rather than INVESTIGATE and provide remedial measures to avoid such accidents we prefer to take the EASY way out that will also ensure the operators can CORRUPTLY bribe the aviation authorities to re-issue the licence. shocked

Compare to what happened recently in Europe/Germany after the crash of a Germanwings flight due to mental health status of the pilot:

The COMPANY and its flight operations were NOT suspended.
No.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851343_screenshot201509122155001_jpegbfa7784d893218beec7bbaa410aae3d9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855943_fbimg1441954343278_jpegb9ba8c23f4f4d3716a9f5a1365fc8b16

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

Chief, take it easy, only the Sirkosy Helicopters Type was grounded, not Bristow's entire operations.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEMA Receives Nigerians Repatriated From Libya ( Photos ) / Uk Visa Reference Number Issue (plz Assist Me Londoncool And Vvvjustice) / Master Degree For Hnd (upper Credit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.