Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Where Is The Guy I Married? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where Is The Guy I Married? (946 Views)

Where Is The Guy I Married? / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Where Is The Guy I Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
WHERE IS THE GUY I MARRIED??
“Wiiiiiieeeeeeennnn, wieeeeeeeeen, wieeeeeennnnnennnn” my baby’ cry geared on and on.
“Jesus, please stop her. Please calm her down. What do I know I wrong with her now?” I kept muttering to myself as I sat up and held my three month old baby in my arm. He was crying profusely. Tears dotted her f ace like little puddles of water. She doesn’t want to be appeased. She refused to be breastfed too. What shall I do?
I climbed down the bed and danced around while singing lullabies for her but instead of being appeased, Blossom kept crying.
“Is it her diapers?” I asked myself. I went closer to her wardrobe and brought out another diaper. I went back to the bed, sat down, removed all of her clothes and off I set to the bathroom.
After giving Blossom a warm bath, I came back to the bedroom to dress her in another light, comfortable sleeper after applying sufficient powder on her body and enough oil on her scalp. Yet, the cry continued. I was frustrated.
I brought her close to my bosom as I raised my blouse but her little hands pulled my blouse down meaning “I don’t want your jugs!” She cried the more!
We were in the hospital that very day before for the ante-natal. The last vaccination was not like this o! Though she cried it was not as bad as this. This incessant cry, I have been told to anticipate but I didn’t expect it would be this much. I ease the blouse she was wearing and check her small shoulder which was the ‘venue’ for the substance causing my baby’s discomfort. I rubbed it over and over again. She cried the more. I put my baby down, knelt beside my bed and cried!
Is this how motherhood thing is? God, this is unbearable! I cried and cried.
You might be thinking, where is your husband? Is your baby fatherless? My dear people, no! My husband is alive,. He is safe and sound.
All the while the drama unfolded, Dave slept so beautifully as if nothing was happening. My baby’s tears and my own- everything was in his ears like lullabies urging him to sleep on.
This was not the man I married! When I just got married to him, my sleeplessness made him sleepless. When I turned on my side on the bed, he would wake up, no matter how the deep his sleep was. He would cuddle me and sing into my ears till I fall I asleep but now, he just didn’t bulge.
He turned in his sleep and sat up. I looked at him and shook my head.
Continue read at

https://deraconteur./2016/02/03/where-is-the-guy-i-married/

(1) (Reply)

ELENA: A Short Story. / FICTION: NK, The Adulterous Wife [part 2] / Six Great Confusions Still Unresolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.