Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) (922 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Fog:in Those Days– A FANTASY Adventure. / What's That? ( Horror Collabo Thread)- Be A Part (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by Divepen1(m): 8:59am On Sep 23, 2017
After seeing the progress of many unplanned Collabos and planned ones, I think we can make it work by just having a genre. Then seeing the way the Romance Collabo is going, I've decided to open Threads for other genres.

Romance:
https://www.nairaland.com/3764264/scattered-petals-romance-collabo-thread

Horror:
https://www.nairaland.com/4072323/whats-horror-collabo-thread-part

Comedy
https://www.nairaland.com/4073394/shut-mouth-comedy-collabo-thread

So,
Introduce twists
Characters from other stories etc
But just know the Genre is fantasy.
Explore any method of writing. It's firstly for our fun then our creativity. Excite the next writer, make it as slow or as fast as you want. But remember it is Fantasy. Meanwhile, let's try to make it Nigerian.
Don't bother if you're not as good as others think you are, just drop the thing.
I will compile it for the review 'Be Writertained Chronicles'.
Mey we start.
Organiser: www.writertain.com
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by Divepen1(m): 9:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Marcus had always had a desire of things that wasn't there. Merlin, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the funniest craziest witches he had ever read about always haunted his desire. He just wanted a feel of how they encountered things. So when the wind was blowing outside in preparation for a heavy rain, he ran to close the window. Forming in the wind was a lady forming.
' It must be a joke he muttered', he said and rubbed his eyes. He rubbed his face and the wind had returned to normal. He racked his brain for what that might have been.

He was surely hallucinating, maybe due to lack of sleep from overreading. He yawned and jumped into bed. Just then, his mother knocked.
' Marcus, Fareedat is here to see you?'
If he was ever going to have any sleep, he should have had it before Fareedat's visit. Now, she would indulge him in her gory tale of how she was in love with Sodiq and still can't stop thinking about Uche.
He yawned and walked briskly to meet her in the sitting room. However, she didn't allow him talk before she dragged him outside. She looked shaken and Marcus wished it was what he hoped. Maybe one of her lovers had really opened her eyed to the fact that he wasn't really a friend, that he loved her.
' Marcus, I saw you looking at it too... You saw it'.
' Saw it... Saw what?'
' You saw it. The image that formed'.
' Are you also hallucinating?'
' Hallu... No. That was Oya..'
' Onya.. Who is Oya? And what's she doing in such wind. Does she have death wish'.
She was more agitated. ' No.No. She's a goddess. She appeared to me in the dream. She said she had a mission for me'.
He rolled his eyes and hoped this was just one of her regular paranoia and her fear.
' It said the people that sees her in the wind are my team. I thought it was just dream'.
Marcus stared at her for a while and thought it was high time he stopped pretending he was happy with her. ' Are you here to tell me about your lovers again'.
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by queenitee(f): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2017
'No Marcus' Fareedat replied angrily. How could he be talking to her about her lovers when she's serious. 'Oya was a goddess in those days, the wife of Shango and when she appeared to me, she told me she has a mission for me, for us' she said stressing the us part.
'Tell me about it' Marcus said. Not that he believed her, who in their right mind would believe the Oya nonsense, he just had to allow her say whatever it is she wants to say for peace to reign because whenever Fareedat is angry, she could go weeks without talking to him.

Fareedat raised her hands up. 'Uche promised to visit and then called to tell me he couldn't make it, out of annoyance, I went to sleep and had a dream. In my dream, I found myself in a beautiful place, more like a paradise, I was wondering where I was when I saw her. She looked so beautiful, words can't describe her beauty, she touched my cheeks and told me she's Oya, the wife of shango and that she has a mission for me and others like me. She told me those people would have crazy fantasies, always having desires for things that wasn't there and that they would see her in a wind, then she disappeared and I woke up'. She paused to see the effect of her dream on him and when she saw his eyes fixed on her watching her lips as she talked, she knew she could continue. 'You know you do tell me about your fantasies, thinking you could be Merlin or the witches, telling me you want to know more about them, so I ran here to confirm if you saw the image and you saw it!' she finished excitedly.

Fear gripped Marcus, if what Fareedat said is true, then he had every reason to be sacred. It's true he had always fantasized about having supernatural powers, yet when it dawn on him that he might actually have a supernatural power he couldn't help being afraid.
'say something Marcus' she nudged.
I told you earlier Fareedat, what you saw in the wind was you hallucinating and your dream was as a result of your anger'. He said not wanting to accept the fact that what she said might be the truth. 'Now tell me about Uche' he asked not because he cared but because he would do anything to get her stop talking about Oya and her mission.
'I would rather go home' Fareedat who was annoyed he didn't believe her said.

As he watched her go, Marcus knew he was in for it and sooner or later,Oya would appear to him
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 12:56am On Sep 24, 2017
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"pure breed"

"i know she is a pure breed, but you havnt tell me why Fareedat." oya said. She has delivered the messag to the young lady, but shango will not tell her why he choose a pure breed for whatever mission he wants the poor girl to undertake though not alone.

Still sitting on his throne with oya still standing at his front,he cant help but wonder why zeus the god of olympus has decided to use a Nigerian pure breed.
"Oya, i was under instruction" he said, with his elbow on his lap and hand surporting his chin.

"Instruction! Sango the god of thunder under instruction, whos?"

"i might be the god of thunder, but you must remember that nigeria is my only jurisdiction, there are many gods but one is above us all."

for centuries of there marriage, Oya has ne'er seen sango this calm and calculative.
Speaking of other gods,she thought sango was the overall god. No! She need to know who that god is."and who is that god that is more powerfull than sango the god of thunder?" Oya asked

"He is zeus the god king of olympus, protector of the Nine realms. Destroyer of the titans.
We other gods are mere boys compared to him. Amadioha,Adofi, and any local god you can think of are all under zeus. " sango said, standing up he walked towards Oya."now you see right?"

"so what does zeus wants with a Nigerian purebreed and the boy, i sensed his powers back on earth am not sure what he is, but he is more powerfull than a clean breed ." she asked looking into sango's eyes.

"In the time of great sango of nigeria.
A pure breed and a strong breed,
shall unite ... That was the prophesy by Amadioha. But a pure breed cant unite with a strong breed its impossible. Except if..." his voice trailed off.

"except what?"

"zeus is forming a great weapon."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 7:06am On Sep 24, 2017
1mmanuel Faboosuarez Apollux Frankenstein NevetsIbot Ayarmboye Stephengee12 Solomonbrown64 make una come o, our genre is here its a fantasy lets make this count.
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by queenitee(f): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
meneski:
1mmanuel Faboosuarez Apollux Frankenstein NevetsIbot Ayarmboye Stephengee12 Solomonbrown64 make una come o, our genre is here its a fantasy lets make this count.
See twist, wehdone sir
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
queenitee:
See twist, wehdone sir
Wehdon ma... So u de hide urself b4?
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by itsandi(m): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Nice colabor! Lets do it! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by queenitee(f): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2017
meneski:
Wehdon ma... So u de hide urself b4?
No o, I just decided to try ni jare
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 11:38am On Sep 25, 2017
queenitee:
No o, I just decided to try ni jare
you even beta pass me.
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by queenitee(f): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2017
meneski:
you even beta pass me.
*roll eyes* lie lie
Please invite me to the romance collabo thread, I mistakenly unfollowed it
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2017

The recent revelation has got Marcus scared, true he wished to be like merlin or even the witches.
But he never expected it to be possible.Fareedat have not been helping his situation either, she has refused picking his calls though it was a norm to her to give one a cold shoulder after every disagreement.

But she ought to see beyond these illusions and see that he marcus wants to be more than a friend.
But she doesnt see the two of them as such "you are my best friend" she will say to him at times.
But he loves her, the way his feelings for her seems to increase of recent has got him wondering if thats what love truely means.

"For christ sake pick your call Fari" he has called her number for the thousandth time and she keeps on ignoring it all.

"Marcus your food is on the dinning and am off to work make sure you do the dishes and keep the house clean" his mum rapped from outside his door
"have a nice day mum" he said in a low and sad voice. He could hear his mum closing the door to the sitting room. Still looking at his phone he made to bash the gadget on the floor out of frustration but instead he turned towards his bed and slammed the thing on it. At least its safe there.

Just then he heard the splashing sound of water in his bathroom and it occured to him that he was home alone.
"who is there?"he called out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by cyber5(m): 5:51am On Sep 29, 2017
I must watch this movie
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by meneski(m): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2017
cyber5:
I must watch this movie
lol...
Re: Stoking The Power ( A Fantasy Collabo) by loverboi97(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2017
Pls Am Kindly Waiting, Nice Story Op

(1) (Reply)

Devils In Disguise (play) / Writing Project / IN LOVE WITH A MAFIA ❧❧❧

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.