Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness (15535 Views)

Meet The Beautiful Lady, Nneka Ararume Olisa Metuh Gave $2m / Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Ovularia: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
BY EFCC FEB 04, 2016
A witness in the ongoing trial of the National Publicity Secretary of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Olisa Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Limitedon Thursday, February 4, 2016 told Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja that, he was paid a total sum of N25m out of the N400million arms fund linked to the PDP spokesperson.

Abba Dabo, while being led in evidence by counsel to EFCC, Sylvanus Tahir, told the court that, he was paid a total sum of N25m, through the second defendant’s company account, Destra Investment Limited on December 16, 2015.

Dabo, a retired public servant and special adviser on political matters in the office of the former Vice president, was a former Editor of Sunday New Nigeria, and Gaskia Tafi kwabo, and also one time Deputy National Chairman, PDP North.

According to him, the said money was for the purpose of media and publicity campaign for the PDP presidential election.

Explaining how the money was expended, Dabo told the court that, he created a media support system and a website called “WhatsApp Nigeria” to run media advocacy campaign for the party.

“I raised a team of facilitators and young internet experts were also employed to manage the website”, Dabo stated.

The witness further told the court that, he was shocked to hear through the media that, the money given to him by Metuh was part of the funds set aside to procure arms for fighting insurgency.

“Therefore, I decided to return the money to EFCC”, Dabo said.
Justice Abang, at the instance of counsel to the second defendant, Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, adjourned to February 9, 2016 for further hearing.

Metuh is being tried for allegedly receiving N400million (four hundred million naira) from former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd), who is also being tried for laundering $2.1 billion.

Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media & Publicity
4th February, 2016

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/04/dasukigate-metuh-gave-me-n25-million-witness

5 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by HungerBAD: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good.

Gradually all our money will be returned. Then we will go after their ill gotten properties, as i hear these guys are busy selling their mansions at give away prices in Abuja left and right.

President Buhari, the battle against corruption cannot be complete in Nigeria, if Goodluck Jonathan does not end up in jail. I trust you Mr. President, as a man of honor, and that is why Jonathan must not go unpunished.

39 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Richardonald(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lubbish
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
If EFCC believe they have strong cases why not conduct a public trial of Dasuki?

this is all wishy washy

so this Abba Dabo was paid for a service. he executed the service and made expenses but somehow has enough money to return all of the money he was paid at the first count?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by brunofarad(m): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
A man who's house is on fire does not chase rats

Enough of all these GATES......conclude these cases, jail them if they are found guilty,free them if they are innocent and let's move to work.

Recession is imminent in the country and all we have been busy doing are all GATES.

I consider all these as rather retrogressive

Walks out and slams the door

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Kreamie(m): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Blessed are those who give, cos theirs is the kingd....Wait O

25million naira for doing almost nothing?

Metuh, You will BURN!!! angry angry

24 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Seyiblogz: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
You follow eat our yams abi, oya sit down there
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by neweraomo: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Ko soro

1 Like

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by cutetopsey(f): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2016
OK o
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by ngmgeek(m): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2016
This is getting messy o. At the end of the day, we may find out that majority of Nigerians are actually corrupt cheesy

1 Like

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by LessNoise: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Nobody wan go chill for kuje plaza(prison) grin

1 Like

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Bigpicture(f): 8:42am On Feb 05, 2016
Nawa ooo, see how dem just they call millions like garri... I though Nigeria was broke abeg where is all this millions nd billions coming from? Hian! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by lifezone247(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Indeed GASKIA TAFI KOBO

4 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by PAnaceA7(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Our common wealth squandered by dis people...God will judge u people oo
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by emmanuel596(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
undecided
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by januzaj(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Lamidi,Mike,Sikiru,victor can't wait to yansh Metuh for kuje prison
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by lordempire(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Ok now
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Ola17: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2016
I'm beginning to believe that all this hullabaloo about DàsukiGate is nothing but propaganda. Come on, the Abba guy was paid for his services, is he a witch to know where the money came from?

5 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by steppins: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Until I see people actually jailed for the said crimes, this is just another ruse and a nollywood movie to me.
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Dahkogrin007(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Dix yam eaters are increasing daily... And some people are claiming dat d 2.1b is a scam and never exist

2 Likes

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by platz(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2016
He gave you 25 mill nd so? Gini wa mezia
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by gasgenius(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Menh , way tin u do for arm , person go just give u 25million naira .. I like do that tin double and triple and even cripple
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by raker300: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Kreamie:
Blessed are those who give, cos theirs is the kingd....Wait O

25million naira for doing almost nothing?

Metuh, You will BURN!!! angry angry
go and burn him nah. Typical yoruba, making noise to get others to do something for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by castrokins(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
I Weak Bruh. E Be Like Him Take Loan From World Come Refund Them

krendo:
If EFCC believe they have strong cases why not conduct a public trial of Dasuki?

this is all wishy washy

so this Abba Dabo was paid for a service. he executed the service and made expenses but somehow has enough money to return all of the money he was paid at the first count?
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by SylarsMcQuins: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Until the fight against corruption is stretched beyond opposition party I will never take this seriously....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by DICKtator: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2016
After we would say Santa Claus doesn't exist.

What else should we call Dasuki?

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by banmee(m): 8:47am On Feb 05, 2016
ngmgeek:
This is getting messy o. At the end of the day, we may find out that majority of Nigerians are actually corrupt cheesy

You just realizing that. There are youtube videos of citizens/police offering and asking for bribes.

1 Like

Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by blackjack21(m): 8:49am On Feb 05, 2016
lifezone247:
Indeed GASKIA TAFI KOBO
kai bahaushe ne?
Re: Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness by Kreamie(m): 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
Do humanity a favor; Make a noose and tie it around your neck..Mother nature will do the rest smiley
raker300:
go and burn him nah. Typical yoruba, making noise to get others to do something for you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ocholi's Service Of Songs: Osinbajo, Fashola, Ngige, Others In Attendance (Pics) / Hushippupi: Our Members Connections With The Fraudster Was Fabricated - PDP / We Entered The Lion’s Den, Came Out Fearlessly, Fani-kayode Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.