Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Facilities Management Careers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Facilities Management Careers (9084 Views)

Apply For IFS (facilities Management & Maintenance Company) Latest Job Openings. / Job Openings In A Facilities Management Company / 5 Careers/jobs To Avoid As An Introvert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
PWV Management Services Limited is a property development company in Lagos, Nigeria. PWVM is a
company renowned for reforming our environment through
the development and management of properties of world-
class standards. If your real estate goals are to develop,
buy, sell or lease, we strive to provide bespoke services
tailored to meet your specific needs.

Our company was founded on the core values of
professionalism, integrity and service excellence, and we
pride ourselves in the quality of our organizational skills,
our insight and people.

Position: Electrician Engineer

Job Details
Electricians may perform the following tasks:

* Plan the layout of wiring systems test for, locate and
repair electrical malfunctions

* Install electrical and electronic control systems and
insulated cables

* Install electrical equipment such as storage heaters, water
heaters, electrical signs, switchboards and motors

* Assemble electrical and electronic components and
appliances

* Connect electrical equipment to power supplies

* Connect switches, outlets and other fittings

* Connect circuit breakers

* Maintain automated production processes.

Qualification
* Minimum of (ND) National Diploma, and possession of
Trade test 1,2 & 3 will be added advantage.

* Electricians install, maintain, repair, test and commission
electrical and electronic equipment and systems for
facilities purposes.

* Electricians may also work on electrical transmission and
distribution equipment.

Application closing date:
13 February, 2016

Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to
humanresources@pwvm-services.com
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
Princess Court and Resorts, a newly established Ultra Modem Hotel with the state-of-the-heart facilities situated in
Oyo, Oyo State, is currently seeking for result-oriented
candidate to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Officer

Qualification
ND/Technical Certificate in a related field. Such should have
not less than 3 years cognate experience in both Mechanical/Plumbing and Electrical Installations Maintenance.

Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their
Application, Credentials and CV's with GSM number to:
olayinkaakinrefon@yahoo.com ,
dewoyinesther@gmail.com , opy4luvu@yahoo.com

Or

Princess Court and Resorts,
behind Oyo West L.G.A Police Station,
Gedu Scheme,
Ojongbodu,
Oyo,
Oyo State.
Re: Facilities Management Careers by Lero15(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
adekanmbi1986:

Bro I sent u a pm. Kindly reply.
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
phetty:
Hi...would just like to ask if Facility Management is same or similar to Building Services Engineering

Very similar.
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
Dear NLs,

Please, who have an idea about ATS Group, A Tsebo Solution (Allterrain Service Group) ?

I received an email for interview from them. I have never heard of the company before and do not think I have applied there in recent months.

Anyone with information should please help. How is there interview like ? What are they into ? Etc.

Thanks
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
IFMA wants facility management in school curriculum:
Published April 24, 2017

The International Facility Management Association, Nigeria chapter, has asked the government to include facility management in the school curriculum.

The association said this would help to inculcate a maintenance culture, which the country currently lacks, in schoolchildren at tender ages.

A past President of IFMA Nigeria, Iyabo Aboaba, said during a courtesy visit to the Punch Place, headquarters of Punch Nigeria Limited, in Ogun State on Thursday, that a maintenance culture would help the country to maximise the investment in infrastructure.

She said, “We lack a maintenance culture in this country and it is time to get facility management into the curriculum of schools so that right from the age of six, children can understand what it is all about.

“We have lost it but we can help the children to do better; without this, what we are all trying to do for our children will fail. We need to let them embrace the maintenance culture from a tender age.”

The President of the association, Mr. Pius Iwundu, said facility management was the fastest growing profession in the world but that its awareness was still very low in Nigeria.

“As of today, facility managers, with their operations globally, purchase over $100bn worth of goods and services annually,” he said.

According to him, the association started in the United States in 1980 and was established in Nigeria in 1997 to develop a maintenance culture that will shape the future of the country.

“We have rebranded our publicity committee to increase awareness of the profession; publicity is our life wire. Due to the recession, a lot of people don’t see the need for facility management but on the long run, they pay more for maintenance. We have to do the right thing about our facilities or they will crash,” he said.

Iwundu explained that IFMA was currently organising trainings on facility management operations and work place productivity, among others, in order to develop the profession.

Aboaba also said facility management should be encouraged from the beginning of a building construction to ensure the longevity of the property.

Source: http://punchng.com/ifma-wants-facility-management-in-school-curriculum/

2 Likes

Re: Facilities Management Careers by acmilan1: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
please I want to know/ask how a facility associate with andela is like. how much can someone earn from it and is it worth leaving a 120k engineering job for

1 Like

Re: Facilities Management Careers by Jazmiynne: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Facilities Management Careers by Jhamzy(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2017
Hi bro! Thanks for this thread. Very educating amd inspiring as well. Pls which FM company do you work with? Am asking cos am an Elect/Elect Engineering graduate and I have an Interview with AM facility management as a facility manager. Guess you know them! Pls should I expect?
Thanks
adekanmbi1986:
I decided to open this thread for those of us in the facilities management industry. As we all know that facilities management is becoming a fast growing industry, and there are opportunities in the industry irrespective of the aspect of it that you find yourself whether in the Residential(Estates), Hospitality(Hotels, Suites, etc.), Healthcare(Hospitals), Educational(Schools) etc. In case you do not know, facilities management is an aspect of Engineering/Estate Management that deals with the day-to-day operational management of facilities such as ((Plumbing Facilities, Electrical Facilities, Elevators(Lifts), Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant, Power Plant, Air-Conditioning Systems, Fire Protection/Alarm Systems, Extinguishers, Recreational Facilities such as Swimming Pool, Lawn Tennis Court, Basket Ball Court, etc.)). This is done through the implementation of the policy and procedure require by the clients and the company you are working with. The sole aim is to assure a well managed and well maintain facilities. To make sure all facilities are working efficiently and effectively. It also involves budgeting, customer relations, project management, etc. Most building on the Island part of Lagos State engaged the services of facilities management company to manage the building. There is always a FACILITY MANAGER on ground to attend to any issues within the building. This is done with the help of Site Technicians like Plumbers, Electricians, Lift Technicians, AC Technicians etc. to always attend to residents issues.
Re: Facilities Management Careers by Adehorze(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2017
We are in this together, I was also invited by dis coy for an interview tomorrow.

Jhamzy:
Hi bro! Thanks for this thread. Very educating amd inspiring as well. Pls which FM company do you work with? Am asking cos am an Elect/Elect Engineering graduate and I have an Interview with AM facility management as a facility manager. Guess you know them! Pls should I expect?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Facilities Management Careers by enshi(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2017
adekanmbi1986:
Our client is from the hospitality industry and is currently in need of the following position for one of their establishments.

Facility supervisor – this position will require engineering/technical experience, a minimum of 5 years hands on experience is a must.

All qualified and interested candidates should kindly
forward their CVs to cv@nicolesinclair.com

Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Thank you

The mail is not delivering .... Pls could there be an alternative
Re: Facilities Management Careers by Jhamzy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
Adehorze:
We are in this together, I was also invited by dis coy for an interview tomorrow.

Good to hear! grin
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
Jhamzy:
Thanks

I am sure we are chatting already regarding this.
Re: Facilities Management Careers by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Adehorze:

How was this interview ?
Re: Facilities Management Careers by xeems(m): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Good evening sir,
Its a priviledge to av bn acquainted with u and i so much admire all ur post on FM. Unknowingly to u av been inspired through your post since 2016 Suprised!!!!!!. U actually told me personally ur escapades through the journey on FM and i was able to pick from the shackles from that day. Remember the young lad u implored on taking a job at ilesha in one of the top FCMG companies (saro) buh turned the opportunity down because of lack of flexibilty and inability to settle in. We met on nairaland that year and u gave me an oversight on the company before i told u i jst couldnt cope.I told u I am a fresh Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduate and ever since that year i got to learn more about facilities through our personal chats and other trainings. U actually introduced me to the world of facility management so i say a big THANKS to u

I currently work as a Duty Engineer in one of the top hospitality companies on the island and still vying to emulate you as a FM one day!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE BEST[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For MINISO Nigeria Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Nigerian Army Recruitment / NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.