Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll (30473 Views)

6,280 Ghost Workers, Pensioners To Face ICPC Probe In Enugu / EFCC Arraigns Three "Ghost Workers" For N9.7m Fraud (Photos) / Ghost Workers: EFCC Arraigns Family Members For Manipulating Fg’s Payroll (2) (3) (4)

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2016
brunofarad:
"We will fight corruption with institutions"

Did anybody remember this statement ?

This is one of the results

Unfortunately, BVN being a privately pushed initiative by NIBBS was avoided like a plague by the GEJ government. The implementation was put off from going live and its why the tempo changed once PMB's government came in with a definite deadline - October 31, 2015. Several times in the past, the CBN kept extending the deadline because the body language of the Oga At The Top did not align with making the BVN a reality.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 9:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Seyiblogz:
Thank God o just imagine 18k x 23500

That is nothing less than N414 million per month o
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Melkizedek(m): 9:45am On Feb 05, 2016
kevoh:

I'm pretty sure I have more sense (brain) than you. BVN was announced in February 2014,
1.how long did it take Nigerians and ther lackadaisical attitude to get registered on the system?
2. How many made any serious move till the deadline was announced?
3. Can a system(BVN) start working with only 10% of about 150 million Nigerians registered with the remaining 90% who want change but refused to avail themselves for registration unless a deadline is announced?

By the way, who f*cking cares about who implements it? We just want a system that automatically checkmates fraud irrespective of who is at the top.YOU, GEJ and PMB should get some brains.
exactly my point, they will never be punctual but if the government decided to go ahead with the first deadline they will go on the street and protests and trust the mischievous Apc to use it as another campaign point of the government's insensitivity...nigerians are like the proverbial isrealites in the wilderness, always quick to complain but never doing the right thing and quicker to forget their past.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2016
4watever:
BVN. Another of GEJ administration"s initiatives yielding the intended results.

BVN is a private initiative that the CBN couldn't implement as expected because the FGN under GEJ lacked the will. Same thing for TSA.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by johadi10(m): 10:10am On Feb 05, 2016
brunofarad:
"We will fight corruption with institutions"

Did anybody remember this statement ?

This is one of the results
naija
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ekefre4(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:
The reason why some people fought so hard against the PVN policy is being gradually exposed.

The Ineffectual Buffoon and his piglets made the country so conducive an environment for corruption of all sorts to thrive while he did nothing but sit in Aso Rock and binge on liquor all year long.

I pray the hottest parts of Hades be reserved for him and his piglety supporters when they eventually meet their god- saTAN.

Nonsense.
I thought BVN was the previous government's doing
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by johadi10(m): 10:15am On Feb 05, 2016
what a cankerworm method of swindling money meant for all nigerians that would have been employed
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ceaser: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2016
ernecy:
you are the buffon here, the present admistrastion did not introduce BVN, don't come and post rubbish bcuz of political party affiliation.

Remind me again. Who was aptly referred to as "ineffectual buffoon"?

Err, never mind.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 10:19am On Feb 05, 2016
otil1:

BVN was a policy creation of last administration.

Fighting corruption is not a street fight, abeg.

No, it wasn't a policy creation.

Read more about it here - http://www.bvn.com.ng/
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2016
ekolina:
Which implementation Buhari did........I did my BVN 2014 cuz deadline was jan. 2015 which was later extended till june cuz of those in diaspora and its still ongoing as at today. So tell me what buhari did

GEJ's pushed the CBN to move the deadline several times. If GEJ had won, trust me, BVN would have not seen the light of the day.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 10:23am On Feb 05, 2016
bankylan:

Stop saying nonsense....I did my BVN over a year ago...who told u GEJ did not implement....i wonder what level of education you possess. If don't have info about something, it is better u keep mute. So it is Buhari that 'implement' as I still don't know what u meant by that.
I did my BVN before 2015 election....I am not even going to waste time educating u

Nothing was done with this same BVN data since the days of GEJ. So ask yourself again, were any corruption cases filed using the data of BVN during GEJ's days? Sadly, no.

Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Paentera(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2016
leanalyst:

Baba please who started both ippis and BVN? Investigate before you give the wrong people credit.

IPPIS the failed & expensive elephant project with less than 30% implementation for the past 5 years?
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by reeslant: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2016
Thankas to Baba Buhari.

When this has started. Some were saying is Buhari Verification Number. And lots of people were saying all different sort of things. What i did that moments was that, i knew those individuals proved to be the enemy of progress. I do away with them and all their messages.

Nigeria is for all. Let come together and support this old who has no evil intention against our country. is a man who want to bring back the image of Nigeria both locally and internationally
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Bolade005: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2016
If the FG has been paying salary of about 25000 people without bleeding then I see no reason why the FG can't do immediate recruitment of atleast 15000 people across the nation to block the leakage.

Succinctly, give real people the job of the about 23000 ghost workers.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by reeslant: 10:38am On Feb 05, 2016
Thanks to Baba Buhari.

When this has started. Some were saying is Buhari Verification Number. And lots of people were saying all different sort of things. What i did that moments was that, i knew those individuals proved to be the enemy of progress. I do away with them and all their messages.

Nigeria is for all. Let come together and support this old who has no evil intention against our country. is a man who want to bring back the image of Nigeria both locally and internationally
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by seunajia: 10:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Tinydick:

Bvn started from Jonathan era

My friend face front. Did I say differently?
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by seunajia: 10:50am On Feb 05, 2016
Seyiblogz:
Thank God o just imagine 18k x 23500

That is 423m monthly and 5.07b per year! That is if we're basing the calculations on minimum wage o.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Wizcollifa(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:
The reason why some people fought so hard against the PVN policy is being gradually exposed.

The Ineffectual Buffoon and his piglets made the country so conducive an environment for corruption of all sorts to thrive while he did nothing but sit in Aso Rock and binge on liquor all year long.

I pray the hottest parts of Hades be reserved for him and his piglety supporters when they eventually meet their god- saTAN.

Nonsense.
mumu was it buhari that started BVN? Does he have any idea?
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Morenzy15: 11:03am On Feb 05, 2016
I believe this story is true. Then, we want to know the agencies/ ministries/ departments.
We offer the best wristwatches, Handsome Up penis enlargement device, mens slimming tummy shaper, instant breast lift, Teeth whitening pen, portable car tire inflators, handheld sewing machine, mosquito killer lamps, ultrasonic rats/ mouse killer lamp, shoes, portable hair dryers, Tecno phantom pad II tablet, Infinix zero 2 phones, selfie sticks, to mention but a few. Place your order on any of our online stores; konga.com/morenzy-business-classic, www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/morenzy-business-classic. You can also call our business lines 08028930179; 08068168250. We deliver nationwide on pay on delivery within 3-5 days.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Printmaster: 11:11am On Feb 05, 2016
Of course, that is the agenda behind BVN... Somebody Sai Buhari...lol.
These business cards are keepers.. Check them out here [/url][url=https://web.facebook.com/197267290612561/photos/pcb.224086211264002/224077541264869/?type=3&theater]
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Kennisch: 11:24am On Feb 05, 2016
Small matter! Come to Edo where Oshiomhole is the god of ghost workers via primary sch teachers' salary. He's killed the local government system by looting it in d name of teachers salary amongst other deductions; double taxation aside. In most primary schools, you hardly find more than 20 teachers (most of whom earn less than 120k/mo), so how he uses LG allocation to pay the teachers by himself while the same LG workers are being owed salaries of 5-11mo around the state is baffling. Nobody dies, nobody retires, deductions are constant, their salary ?regular over the last 2years - only in Edo!

Where you have to hail him is the fact that safe for one LG chairman (now sacked), nobody, not even the Prado-jeep-riding NULGE exco can openly protest. The state will be doomed if APC wins cos he will continue this godfatherism - the same thing he promised to fight in office, the same thing that made him enter and remain in power.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by obayaya(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2016
ademega:
most northerners would be affected. that is how they do even at local government level.

Jonathan regime brought the idea of BVN, but he lacked the balls to implement it Buhari got their and did the implementation within a very short period of time without minding to step on toes. the bulk of the arms deal investigation were gotten from this policy.

implementation is the key in any administration even if u have good policies, without implementation you are a failure just like..... I no mention name oh

Stop sounding so ignorant..

When was BVN start? When was the deadline?

Who was in charge at the start of BVN? GEJ

Who was in charge at the deadline? PMB

How will GEJ enforce the BVN like you acclaimed when he wasn't in charge at the deadline?

Sometimes, take a minute and examine the facts before coming to spew partisan nonsense.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Smooyis(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2016
Sanchez01:
It is a known fact that most civil servant workers are corrupt and lazy and would resort to cutting corners just to make extra money. 23K is a huge number. There should be a probe and this issue should not just die like this. The EFCC should sway into this.

Imagine 23k by at least a salary of N50000 per month. This is really a big fraud. God bless Pmb and his team.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Validated: 11:41am On Feb 05, 2016
[size=18pt]The great deeds of GEJ administration. God bless Jonathan, who introduced institutions to check corruption. Mentioned them, BVN, IPP I, TSA, etc. Those reaping the benefits now were there and were just pursuing imaginary thieves and recovering "fathom" loots [/size]
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Leebeedo(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2016
Progressive01:

Nonsense.

Why are you wasting words? This same BVN idea was initiated by jonathan's regime and you're here saying what you dont know. What's really surprising me the most is the amount of likes you have. Please , be sensible and mature when you draw conclusions.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Urine: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
otil1:

Sanusi was Jonathan's idea
Sanusi was appointed by Yar'adua.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by Wolfbrother(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
All of you arguing if it was jonathans or buharis idea , how does it help your life ? , we as a people should be happy to see it yielding results
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by ronaldbecky(m): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
ademega:
most northerners would be affected. that is how they do even at local government level.

Jonathan regime brought the idea of BVN, but he lacked the balls to implement it Buhari got their and did the implementation within a very short period of time without minding to step on toes. the bulk of the arms deal investigation were gotten from this policy.

implementation is the key in any administration even if u have good policies, without implementation you are a failure just like..... I no mention name oh
lolz
his name "BEJ" na my elda bros grin
ademega:

lolz
his name "BEJ" na my elda bros
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by emzila(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Tinydick:

Bvn started from Jonathan era
and u think Jonathan has the will to make it effective? if yes where were EFCC, Custom, petrol marketers etc during GEJ administration?
the marketers turned him to their toy while custom were busy sharing our revenue since oga at the top was ineffectual, the EFCC became shadow of itself.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by BSF: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
bywaters:
Do the math with minimum 18,000 *23,306 equals 419,508,000 monthly! Now tell me why the people behind this should not jailed!!

Minimum salary will be around 45k. Some will go as high as 100-200k. You are talking about 1 billion or more.
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by banio: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Man must survive, govt allocating billions to itself. Why won't civil servants do the same, like Father like son.

Funny place called Nigeria
Re: BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll by cutekhalifa(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
those ghost workers must come from NORTH

APC THE SCAMMERS grin

The Killer Of UNIOSUN Student, Adebisi Rofiat, Pictured / Fire Razes Residence Of Man Caught With Human Parts In Ibadan (Photos) / Kenyan Woman Kills Her Husband And 2 Children Before Hanging Herself

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50