Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,757 members, 7,955,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? (1732 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Was Jesus Sent To The Entire World? / Photo: Pregnant 15yrOld Girl Claims Jesus Sent The Holy Spirit To Impregnate Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2016
One of the fundamental beliefs of Christianity relates that Jesus died and allowed for the shedding of his blood for the sake of granting forgiveness to people. In other words Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins.
Let us investigate this topic from the Bible, and find out whether Jesus was sent to be crucified and whether he was crucified at all.

(1)Willingness of Jesus Christ to die for our sins

Peter and the two sons of Zebedee were with Jesus Christ before the elders of the people and the chief priests came to take him to be crucified. Jesus at this point talked to Peter and the two sons of Zebedee as in Matthew 26:38 "Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me." Then Jesus went a little further away from them and prayed to God as in Matthew 26:39 "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

It is very clear from the above verse in Matthew 26:39 that Jesus had no intention of dying.

In this verse it is shown that Jesus was praying strongly
(Matthew mentions Jesus repeating this prayer three times) to have this death removed from him. Had Jesus Christ been sent to be crucified, he would not have hesitated to be killed at all.
When I raise this point in front of my Christian brothers, they tell me that this hesitation came from the flesh side of him (in other words he was tempted), and that his soul which is godly did not have this hesitation at all.

When we look at Matthew 26:38 we see that Jesus was contradicting this idea by saying, "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death." (Matthew 26:38). He himself said that it’s really his soul that was hesitating and not his body. These were Jesus’ own words.

God answered the prayers of Jesus Christ
After Jesus made the above mentioned prayer he was answered by God according to Hebrews 5:7 "Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong
crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared."
These words clearly show when Jesus was praying strongly to God, God granted him his request.

The words "heard in that he feared" (Hebrews 5:7) mean that God granted him what he requested. So the above verse shows when Jesus asked of God to "let this cup pass from" (Matthew 26:39) him, God responded to his prayer and saved him from death or crucifixion.

(2) The post crucifixion prophesied events never happened

When people were asking Jesus Christ if he was going to show them a sign, he replied by saying that the only sign they should expect is the sign of Jonas. Jesus also made sure to specify what exactly this sign was. The details are shown in
the following verses:

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus here emphasized what will happen to him by specifically saying that he will be like Jonas in terms of the number of days and nights he will be in the heart of the earth, "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:40).

(3) Now let us see if this prophecy came to pass.

Jesus was allegedly crucified on Friday, this is certainly known among all Christians, and it’s the reason for calling that Friday by "Good Friday." Jesus was allegedly buried on Friday night. Now let us start counting:
1. Friday night Jesus was buried. This is night #1.
2. Saturday day Jesus was buried. This is night #1.
2. Saturday day Jesus was still supposed to be in the grave. This is day #1.
3. Saturday night Jesus was still supposed to be in the grave. This is night #2.
Mary Magdalene, very early in the morning before sun rise and after the Sabbath (Saturday), went to see Jesus, and found that he was not there.

(4) The following verses describe this event:

Mark 16:1 And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.
Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
Mark 16:3 And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
Mark 16:4 And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.
Mark 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
Mark 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

The number of days and nights Jesus spent in the heart of the earth is 1 day and 2 nights. This challenges what Jesus had prophesied.
When I tell this to my Christian brothers, some of them responded by saying that what Jesus wanted to really say was that he will be gone for a while, and not that he will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights. This is clearly not the case.

Had Jesus meant that, he would have said it, but it is clear that he wanted people to know this was a sign (miracle) and it will be like Jonas’ sign, and he will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.
These were his own words.

(5) Another argument is that the Jews used a different system for the day and night which makes the prophecy come true.

The idea says that Jews used to consider a day shorter than we consider it now. If you would ask a Jewish person about their calendar you would find that this is not the case, and a day does not become shorter at all.

The difference between a Jewish day and a regular day is the time when the day starts and ends. Jewish people considered the day over when the sun went down, whereas now we consider midnight to be the end of a day. There is no difference in the length of the day, and accepting the Jewish day would only make things worse as far as the prophecy goes.

(6) Why would Jesus have to die on the cross?

According to the Christian doctrine, Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. Every human is born with sins, or all humans will eventually sin, and therefore it was necessary that someone as pure as Jesus would be crucified to nullify these sins.

The question is; why does anyone have to die for our sins when God, the all merciful, could as easily grant us forgiveness if we asked for it?

Why does He have to make someone suffer for our sins or for someone else’s sins? Isn’t that unjust of Him?

According to the Bible the way to redemption could be obtained without the need for sacrifice.

The Bible says: Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Clearly the soul that sins shall die. Clearly, no one shall bear the iniquity (sins) of others. So Jesus cannot bear the sins of others either. If one is righteous then it shall be upon him, and if one commits a sin then it shall be upon him, and not on Jesus.

Finally, the way to repentance and forgiveness is by turning from all sins, doing what is right, and keeping the commandments.

Also we see the same message given by
Solomon.

He says in the book of Ecclesiastic 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." This is the whole message, and this is the conclusion of messages. It is that one should fear God, keep His commandments, and nothing else.

Again in II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." This clearly states that to seek forgiveness from God we have to humble ourselves, pray, seek God, and turn away from wickedness.

Finally the Bible says in I Samuel 15:22 "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."

This clearly states that obeying God is better than sacrifice whether this sacrifice is of objects, animals, or humans, or any other type.

What God likes is for us to heed and obey Him, and if that is what God likes then it is not of Him to come later and change His mind and His ways. God says in the Holy Quran, "Verily God is All Knowing, All-Wise" (Ch 9: Vr 28).

Now that we have seen this, Christians say that Jesus has changed some of these laws. Did Jesus come to change laws or destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Jesus clearly states that he was not sent to abolish the law, the law of which had already existed. What is mentioned above cannot be discounted.

Jesus continues to say, in Matthew 5:18 and 19 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Jesus here asserts that not even as much as a tittle (dot) shall pass from the law.

Every thing is kept the way it was. This is why the previous laws cannot be removed or discarded, and those who willfully change these laws "he shall be
called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2016
Answer this op. Why were the apostles and disciples persecuted and killed?
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2016
Scholar8200:

How does this question relates with the topic? SMH
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2016
There is no evidence Jesus pbuh died , nor died for anothers sin. It contradicts a consistent message in the Bible that everyone is accountable for thier own sins.

Furthermore John the Baptist pbuh , went into great detail in the Bible about what one should do regarding forgiveness of sin. We see here no one needs to die to achieve forgiveness of sin , and a clear message we are all accountable for our own sins.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2016
DeathStroke007:

Answer first then the correlation will be shown.(Keep it shaking!)

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by shevi4mb(m): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
The Bible only mentions the deaths of two apostles, James who was put to death by Herod Agrippa I in 44 AD and Judas Iscariot who committed suicide shortly after the death of Christ.    The details of the deaths of three of the apostles (John, the Beloved, Bartholomew and Simon the Canaanite) are not known at all, either by tradition or early historians. The deaths of the other seven apostles are known by tradition or the writings of early Christian historians.  According to traditions and the Bible, eight of the Apostles died as Martyrs.  At least two of the Apostles, Peter and Andrew were crucified.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2016
hockeyoilers:
There is no evidence Jesus pbuh died , nor died for anothers sin. It contradicts a consistent message in the Bible that everyone is accountable for thier own sins.

Furthermore John the Baptist pbuh , went into great detail in the Bible about what one should do regarding forgiveness of sin. We see here no one needs to die to achieve forgiveness of sin , and a clear message we are all accountable for our own sins.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied:
[size=14pt]by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.
[/size]

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong;
because he hath poured out his soul unto death:
and he was numbered with the transgressors;
[b]and he [size=14pt]bare the sin of many[/size],
and made intercession for the transgressors.
[/b]Isaiah 53:11,12

I hope you know Isaiah is not Paul's nickname.
Can you help us with this:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2016
shevi4mb:
The Bible only mentions the deaths of two apostles, James who was put to death by Herod Agrippa I in 44 AD and Judas Iscariot who committed suicide shortly after the death of Christ.    The details of the deaths of three of the apostles (John, the Beloved, Bartholomew and Simon the Canaanite) are not known at all, either by tradition or early historians. The deaths of the other seven apostles are known by tradition or the writings of early Christian historians.  According to traditions and the Bible, eight of the Apostles died as Martyrs.  At least two of the Apostles, Peter and Andrew were crucified.
Indeed. But what occasioned there persecution and martyrdom? Why was Stephen killed so brutally?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Horlufemi(m): 8:48am On Feb 05, 2016
It is sad how the symphony of Scripture is often confused by error and tradition.
John 19:31 makes it clear that Our Lord’s crucifixion occurred on “preparation” day, i.e. preparation of the Passover meal. In other words, as most Jews were killing their lamb without blemish, God’s lamb, Jesus Christ, was also being slaughtered as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.
“Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world.” John 1:29
Wednesday (or perhaps Thursday) was the ‘Preparation Day’ for Passover. For Jews, all days start at sundown.
John 19:14-16 says: Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover. It was about the sixth hour (mid-day). He said to the Jews, “Behold your King!” They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.” So he delivered him over to them to be crucified.
It was a bitter sweet day indeed. Few understood it at the time. Few understand it today.
Confusion about the day of the week is easily explained. Mark 15:42 says it was “preparation day, the day before the Sabbath”. Most folks assume he is referring to the Saturday Sabbath. Not so.
There were 3 Sabbaths that week, two “high” Sabbaths and one regular weekly Sabbath (Saturday).
Passover is a “High Sabbath”
The 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread is also a “High Sabbath”
And, Saturday’s are Sabbaths.
So, if ’3 days and 3 nights’ means what it says then it is most likely Passover / Crucifixion that week landed on a Wednesday. He would have been dead, and in the grave, beginning Wednesday night. He rose sometime after Saturday evening because He had risen by Sunday before dawn.
(See – hover over: Leviticus 23:1-7)
Jesus foretold that He would be in the “heart of the earth for three days and three nights” and He was! Matthew 12:40
Friday at 6:00 p.m. through Sunday at dawn (36 hours) is NOT three days and three nights. It’s seems wrong to try and make it so.
Jesus’ body died at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday – likely on 13 Nissan. He raised His body back to life sometime after dusk on Saturday – on Sunday the 17th Nissan. On 14, 15 and 16 Nissan His body was dead, buried in a tomb – three days and three nights. Mark 15:42-47 Luke 24:1-12
Jesus Christ is our Passover lamb. Jesus predicted it. The whole Bible speaks of it.
On a previous Passover Jesus promised the unbelievers a sign. His death and resurrection was what He promised them as a sign. John 2:18-22
Abraham’s sacrifice of Isaac on the same hill was a ‘type’ to signify Christ’s crucifixion. Genesis 22:1-22
Way back in the Garden of Eden, God promised that Satan’s head would be bruised, but not before Satan would bruise His heel. Genesis 3:15 This also was also a foreshadow of the crucifixion, the price God decreed would be paid for Adam’s sin.
(One can recover from a bruise on ones heel. Satan will never recover from the head bruise to be inflicted one day. He will be in the Lake of Fire forever! Halleluiah! Revelation 20:7-10)
The ‘Passover lamb’ was the most obvious type of Christ. You can quickly read the story in Exodus 12. The firstborn all died. Jesus Christ, being God, was also God’s firstborn.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:15-20
Oh my, the riches of the Word of God!
How can one read it and not see it flawless synchronization, every page pointing to Jesus Christ?
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Scholar8200:
Answer first then the correlation will be shown.(Keep it shaking!)

SMH
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Horlufemi(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Who is this one.

Please carry your false religion away from here.

If you like do good from now till 2mao the best God will do for you is send someone to show you Christ.

God loves you and you are worth more than the entire earth to him. We've fallen from eternal life and you can gain it by Christ.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by shevi4mb(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2016
Scholar8200:
Indeed. But what occasioned there persecution and martyrdom? Why was Stephen killed so brutally?

Is Stephen part of the disciples? Or what exactly do u mean? Matyrdom has been in existence b4 Jesus christ...
Pls make urself clear
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 10:26am On Feb 05, 2016
shevi4mb:

Is Stephen part of the disciples? Or what exactly do u mean? Matyrdom has been in existence b4 Jesus christ...
Pls make urself clear

But there was always a reason?

So why were the apostles and disciples martyred and persecuted?

What is the point of the book of the Acts of the Apostles? (This is a verifiable historical record that knocks the no-crucifixion lie flat!)

That God exposed some men to cruel death by deceiving them to proclaim the death and resurrection of One Whom (as muslims claim) He sneaked to Heaven? And since the disciples and Apostles were not on the side of the soldiers, were they still deceived too? If yes, Why?

And, since it is on record that Judas hanged himself after returning the 30 pieces of silver, what occasioned his remorse and suicide?

Now some muslims claim Jesus was taken without a harm that instead, Barabbas was killed. Do you realise that Jesus had been scourged and mocked before the call for a choice between Jesus and Barabbas was made?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Scholar8200(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Besides, when did God sneak Jesus out of sight?

1. If it was in the garden of arrest remember that Barabbas was brought out of prison only after Jesus had been scourged!

2. If it was before the council remember that Barabbas was a prisoner of the Romans hence he was not out of prison at this time!

3. If it was at the Judgement hall , it is obvious there were two personalities to be chosen from, not one!

4. Besides, some muslims claim God sneaked Him away from the attackers, but then, did God deceive His disciples too?

5. Why then did the pharisees and elders bribe the Roman soldiers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by malvisguy212: 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
DeathStroke007:

yes, this questions is important, what is the reason this disciples were killed ? Would they give their life for an untrue story ? There are outside biblical record how they died and the reason of their death. The
eyewitnesses had lived with Jesus and saw Him die and then live again. They suffered martyrdom or exile because they had seen and knew the living Truth. They alone had irrefutable, objective evidence of the resurrection. We don’t, but we have reasonable evidence provided in what they wrote.

The scribes and pharisees are willing to deny any evidence, for example Look at John 9, the man born blind. When he was Heal, what had happened they rejected the evidence they had gathered. Today skeptics will not look directly at the evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by promise10: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jesus is God in the likeness of men dwelling among men. Now, see the proofs that Mohammed is demon possessed prophet who has unfortunately deceived billions of people but thanks to Jesus who is revealing himself to many muslims including Islamic terrorists through dreams(just as it happened to paul who was the most radical christian persecutor at his own time)that has made them converted to the divine relationship with Jesus.
See for yourself and judge!
Death
Jesus died and rose from the dead.
Muhammad died and stayed dead.
Fighting
Jesus never fought.
Muhammad fought many many times.
Hearing from God
When Jesus heard from God, He went to the desert
to be tempted and began His ministry with
boldness. (Mark 1:14-15).
When Muhammad heard from God (supposedly
through an angel), he cowered, was uncertain, and
wanted to commit suicide. (Quran 74:1-5).
Identity
Jesus claimed to be God (John 8:24,8:58) as well as
a man.
Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life.
(John 14:6).
Muhammad claimed to be a man.
Instructions Received
Jesus received from God the Father (John 5:19).
Mohammad allegedly from an angel.
Killing
Jesus never killed anyone.
Muhammad killed many.
Life
Jesus had the power to take life but never did. He
restored it.
Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never
restored it. No one ever died in Jesus'
presence.Many people died in Muhammad's
presence--he killed them.
Marriage
Jesus never married.
Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a
nine-year-old girl.
Ministry
Jesus received His calling from God directly. (Matt.
3:17).Jesus received His commission in the
daylight.
Muhammad allegedly received it from an angel
(Gabriel).Muhammad received his words in the
darkness of a cave.
Ministry Length
Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years.
Muhammad taught for more than 20 years.
Miracles
Jesus performed many miracles including healing
people, calming a storm with a command, and
raising people from the dead.
Muhammad's only alleged miracle was the Quran.
Prophecy
Jesus fulfilled Biblical prophecy about being the
Messiah.
Muhammad did not fulfill any Biblical prophecy
except the ones about false teachers (Matt. 24:24).
Sacrifice
Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others.
Muhammad saved his own life many times and had
others killed.
SinJesus never sinned. (1 Pet. 2:22).
Muhammad was a sinner. (Quran 40:55, 48:1-2).
Slaves
Jesus owned no slaves.
Muhammad owned slaves.
Virgin Birth
Jesus was virgin born.
Muhammad was not virgin born.
Voice of God
Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God.
(Mark 1:10-11).
Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice
of God. It was an angel instead.
Women
Jesus spoke well of women.
Muhammad said that women were 1/2 as smart as
men (Hadith 3:826, 2:541) and that majority in hell
will be women (Had. 1:28, 301, 2:161, 7:124) and
that women could be mortgaged.
Our relationship with GOD.
Muhammed claimed that we are slaves to ALLAH.
Jesus said; but as many as receive him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them to them that believe on his name(john 1:12)
Trinity.
Muhammed claimed that the trinity in the Bible is false as he said they are God(Allah that he is not a father to us but MASTER and we are his SLAVES), Jesus(a prophet of ALLAH and not the son of God)and Mary(the mother of Jesus), but his assertions are false as his is demon possessed and of the flesh as christ said; that which is born of the flesh is of the flesh; and that which is born of the spirit is of the spirit(john 3:6).
Jesus claimed the trinity are God(A father to us- not just as our earthly father who need a wife because he(God) is self sufficient), Himself(Jesus the son of God i.e God himself humble himself to make himself flesh and born of a virgin without intercourse but by the power of the spirit of truth to save man for the reward of Sins which is death- that's why he died in place of the whole world though he was without sin ), and the holyspirit( the spirit of truth that he promised to send to us and the spirit of truth shall teach us all thing, which he later sent few day after his ascension)
BEWARE! BEWARE!! BEWARE!!!; Any person who tells you that the spirit of truth is the mohammed, must be from the pit of hell and of the devil, because mohammed is not a spirit, as he died of fever at the age of 63 and stayed away and nobody knows where he went to as he cannot go to heaven after committing so many atrocities, but christ who was crucified for the redemption of man died and on the third day resurrected lived with men for 40days before ascending into heaven(which Quran confirmed his ascension) and promised us the holyspirit(spirit of truth)that will live in us forever(of which mohammed cannot live in man because he is not a spirit) and be our comforted forever
THINK ABOUT IT, READ INFORMATIONS ABOUT HIM ON THE INTERNET TO KNOW WHO IS JESUS AND. MAKE HIM YOUR LORD, FOR PAUL SAID: And if christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also in vain(1cor.15:14)
CHRIST ALONE IS LORD!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by DeathStroke007(m): 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
malvisguy212:
yes, this questions is important, what is the reason this disciples were killed ? Would they give their life for an untrue story ? There are outside biblical record how they died and the reason of their death. The
eyewitnesses had lived with Jesus and saw Him die and then live again. They suffered martyrdom or exile because they had seen and knew the living Truth. They alone had irrefutable, objective evidence of the resurrection. We don’t, but we have reasonable evidence provided in what they wrote.

The scribes and pharisees are willing to deny any evidence, for example Look at John 9, the man born blind. When he was Heal, what had happened they rejected the evidence they had gathered. Today skeptics will not look directly at the evidence.

TSHEW... Stupid question
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by promise10: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
Horlufemi:
It is sad how the symphony of Scripture is often confused by error and tradition.
John 19:31 makes it clear that Our Lord’s crucifixion occurred on “preparation” day, i.e. preparation of the Passover meal. In other words, as most Jews were killing their lamb without blemish, God’s lamb, Jesus Christ, was also being slaughtered as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.
“Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world.” John 1:29
Wednesday (or perhaps Thursday) was the ‘Preparation Day’ for Passover. For Jews, all days start at sundown.
John 19:14-16 says: Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover. It was about the sixth hour (mid-day). He said to the Jews, “Behold your King!” They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.” So he delivered him over to them to be crucified.
It was a bitter sweet day indeed. Few understood it at the time. Few understand it today.
Confusion about the day of the week is easily explained. Mark 15:42 says it was “preparation day, the day before the Sabbath”. Most folks assume he is referring to the Saturday Sabbath. Not so.
There were 3 Sabbaths that week, two “high” Sabbaths and one regular weekly Sabbath (Saturday).
Passover is a “High Sabbath”
The 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread is also a “High Sabbath”
And, Saturday’s are Sabbaths.
So, if ’3 days and 3 nights’ means what it says then it is most likely Passover / Crucifixion that week landed on a Wednesday. He would have been dead, and in the grave, beginning Wednesday night. He rose sometime after Saturday evening because He had risen by Sunday before dawn.
(See – hover over: Leviticus 23:1-7)
Jesus foretold that He would be in the “heart of the earth for three days and three nights” and He was! Matthew 12:40
Friday at 6:00 p.m. through Sunday at dawn (36 hours) is NOT three days and three nights. It’s seems wrong to try and make it so.
Jesus’ body died at 3:00 p.m. Wednesday – likely on 13 Nissan. He raised His body back to life sometime after dusk on Saturday – on Sunday the 17th Nissan. On 14, 15 and 16 Nissan His body was dead, buried in a tomb – three days and three nights. Mark 15:42-47 Luke 24:1-12
Jesus Christ is our Passover lamb. Jesus predicted it. The whole Bible speaks of it.
On a previous Passover Jesus promised the unbelievers a sign. His death and resurrection was what He promised them as a sign. John 2:18-22
Abraham’s sacrifice of Isaac on the same hill was a ‘type’ to signify Christ’s crucifixion. Genesis 22:1-22
Way back in the Garden of Eden, God promised that Satan’s head would be bruised, but not before Satan would bruise His heel. Genesis 3:15 This also was also a foreshadow of the crucifixion, the price God decreed would be paid for Adam’s sin.
(One can recover from a bruise on ones heel. Satan will never recover from the head bruise to be inflicted one day. He will be in the Lake of Fire forever! Halleluiah! Revelation 20:7-10)
The ‘Passover lamb’ was the most obvious type of Christ. You can quickly read the story in Exodus 12. The firstborn all died. Jesus Christ, being God, was also God’s firstborn.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:15-20
Oh my, the riches of the Word of God!
How can one read it and not see it flawless synchronization, every page pointing to Jesus Christ?
Wow! This shows that I really have a brother who has seen the revelation in the word. Please bro, we don't have to lose all this precious soul(muslims, atheist and others) though were deceived but are our brothers because christ died for us all(jews, greeks, gentiles)that we will all be free from law and the consequences of our sin which is death. Please, we will continue to show love to these people tirelessly. I believe that at this time christ is touching many of them, by revealing himself to them through dreams especially(as many of the recent convert reported)as many muslim are running for their lives because of the calamity that has terminated peace in the world through the islamic threat groups. Because I see many saul turning to paul(from the most all time persecutor of the christian changed to the most fearless christian missionary of all time, all changed by Jesus on his way to damascus to carry out his usual killing of the christians.
MUSLIMS, I LOVE YOU ALL. I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU SOUL IS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE WASTED. TRY TO READ ABOUT JESUS TO KNOW WHO IS FULLY.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by promise10: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
DeathStroke007:

TSHEW... Stupid question
My dear muslim, it is not a stupid question. Because paul said; And if christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also in vain(1cor.15:14) No doubt, he cleary died and resurrected on the third day, fulfilling the prophecy that was made by prophet Isaiah in the Old testament 860yrs before Jesus was born.
So please check yourself and run for your life cos where you are standing is sinking sand. But in christ only is the only sure foundation that can save man and give man eternal life.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by DeathStroke007(m): 9:06am On Feb 06, 2016
promise10:

My dear muslim, it is not a stupid question. Because paul said; And if christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also in vain(1cor.15:14) No doubt, he cleary died and resurrected on the third day, fulfilling the prophecy that was made by prophet Isaiah in the Old testament 860yrs before Jesus was born.
So please check yourself and run for your life cos where you are standing is sinking sand. But in christ only is the only sure foundation that can save man and give man eternal life.

Paul Paul Paul.. Paul who never know Jesus nor see Jesus.. Paul who claims he's inspired to write by God and everything Paul wrote is against the teachings of Jesus. Do you even know he was beaten when he first told people to abandon the law of Moses? Do even know Jesus told you people to keep the law of Moses? Do you even know that Jesus said he come to fulfil the law of Moses? Do you even know Paul was beheaded later? Do you even know why?

How can you believe in the writings of someone who never knew or see Jesus writings about Jesus?

SMH

Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
promise10:

Your God died? Your either trolling, or in a massive state of kuffur
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by orisa37: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
The Crucifixion would not have been possible if Jesus had not come to die for our sins.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
orisa37:
The Crucifixion would not have been possible if Jesus had not come to die for our sins.

You got a sad weak excuse of a God , if your God dies.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To Die For Our Sins Or Crucified? by orisa37: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
My God didn't die. He got Translated into the Son of God and Sun of Righteousness. You are an atheist, aren't you? Atheists are products of darkness, evil, death, forget, abandon, worry and hate. They are unsafe, unsecured and always failures 'coz they will never understand "The Word". I can never be unequally yoked with you, so please shield your sword on this topic.

(1) (Reply)

Numerology: Know About Your Life Next Year / Pastor Chris’ Daughter Sharon, Rocks Bum Shorts / See The School Built By Wife Of David Ibiyeomie In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.