Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

I Respect Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Igbos (5982 Views)

Why I Respect Atiku – Fani-kayode / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 10:56am On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
sure! But in economic growth igbos are More essential. U talked about agriculture, who import those agro allied chemicals an equipment?u talk about education, who import those textbooks?u wear Armani and D&G, who imports those? IGBOS!!! And when it comes to export of farm products they are there too

Guy, please stop embarrassing yourself and the igbos you are trying to defend! Are you saying importation is now rocket science that nobody else can do it without igbos? ? ? Importation for goodness sakes!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude, there is trading evident in banking, entertainment, oil and gas, agriculture, retail and wholesale enterprise, stock market trade, forex, and etc, so what's your freaking point? Your objection does not change the facts, igbos dominates in most trades/businesses if not all.
You forgot football. Nigerian Literature is dominated by Igbos too. Check the most popular novels comibg from Nigeria and the waec syllabus over the years.
Leave them to wish all Igbos do is trading just because they dominate it.
What of Nigerian owned industries, Igbos are more numerous in that respect.
Ask them why the ban on importation crashed the economy so bad . So much for ' Igbos are not the one that control the economy'.
The truth is that the informal sector which Igbo's dominate also has a lot of grip on the economy. If anything happens to it, Nigeria suffers.

Bottom line : Igbos are in every sphere of the economy .

11 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. You people dominate in importation and sale of substandard stuff, I give that to you. But beyond that you don't dominate shyt! You don't dominate in industry, you don't dominate in Agric, but you certainly dominate in trading in imported products. (mostly substandard). Check the list of no oil revenue generating streams for Nigeria and then come back tell me where you all dominate. Smh.

https://www.naij.com/499136-see-much-nigeria-earned-non-oil-commodities-2014.html

I laugh at your naivety. Your link is long stale and does not even prove a thing. Go to all african cities (including nigeria)and see who dominates or competes favorably in trade and investment.

Go to India, US, China, Japan, Germany, etc and see the major Africans running the show economically there.

You people believe igbos will suffer if we breakaway violently because our huge investments are scattered ALL OVER the federation...

Am working and I really don't have time to link some facts here. Seriously, there is nothing to prove.

Substandard Ko..... Ministandard ni... Real estate in Lagos , abuja and pH, which non indigenes owns most of it? Even in other states, who competes with themselves and other indigenes in the business? Yeye ...

Nollywood, sports, etc who stands tallest? Who owns HOME GROWN industries like emzor, juhel, finlab, slok, slot, fidelity, zenith, Diamond, golden guinea brewies, novena majestry furnitures, zinox, etc?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. You people dominate in importation and sale of substandard stuff, I give that to you. But beyond that you don't dominate shyt! You don't dominate in industry, you don't dominate in Agric, but you certainly dominate in trading in imported products. (mostly substandard). Check the list of no oil revenue generating streams for Nigeria and then come back tell me where you all dominate. Smh.

https://www.naij.com/499136-see-much-nigeria-earned-non-oil-commodities-2014.html

I laugh at your naivety. Your link is long stale and does not even prove a thing. Go to all african cities (including nigeria)and see who dominates or competes favorably in trade and investment.

Go to India, US, China, Japan, Germany, etc and see the major Africans running the show economically there.

You people believe igbos will suffer if we breakaway violently because our huge investments are scattered ALL OVER the federation...

Am working and I really don't have time to link some facts here. Seriously, there is nothing to prove.

Substandard Ko..... Ministandard ni... Real estate in Lagos , abuja and pH, which non indigenes owns more of it? Even in other states, who competes with themselves and other indigenes in the business? Yeye ...

Nollywood, sports, etc who stands tallest? Who owns HOME GROWN industries like emzor, juhel, finlab, slok, slot, fidelity, zenith, Diamond, golden guinea brewies, novena majestry furnitures, zinox, etc?

7 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2016
mcvaeey:
same to my father.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Substandard Ko..... Ministandard ni... Real estate in Lagos , abuja and pH, which non indigenes owns more of it? Even in other states, who competes with themselves and other indigenes in the business? Yeye ...

Yinmu. At least I showed you VERIFIABLE data that proves that in the larger scheme of things economically you all are featherweights, while all you are doing here is beating chest. Guy, every ethnic group in Nigeria has her strengths and igbo certainly have theirs but the only thing Una dominate at is in exuding your ignorance and mouthing off. Until una economic contribution to the commonwealth of this country improves dramatically, you all will remain nothing but empty vessels.

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2016
mcvaeey:
Op the only things igbos are good at, are icriminal activities, peddling of hard drugs, baby making factories, ritual killings, cannibalism, armed robbery, kidnapping, fake drugs and products etc.

Just put it into a summary by saying " You hate igbos" ... when they make waves in the international sector, business and academics.. they become nigerians, when they are caught for armed robbery.. they become igbos and IPOB... Continue, God is watching ... i'm proudly igbo #peace smiley

8 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by MrAnalyst: 11:41am On Feb 05, 2016
If Nigeria was a progressive nation,the strengths of every ethnic group would be used for the betterment of the nation. The Igbo business acumen can be channeled into driving the economy thereby indirectly boosting tourism like Dubai. Sometime ago,it was reported the Igala gave out lands to Igbos for them to develop the area. A very good one. That's how a country should work. A country with such a large group naturally astute in business should be booming economically. But No! Not in Nigeria. Favoritism and tribalism coupled with the attendant problem of illiterate leaders has permanently crippled the country. Shame!

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by fulanimafia: 11:59am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Mumu, [s]go and investigate the billionaire who mainly funded PDP and obasanjo presidency in 1999. Kalu was a self made billionaire before venturing into politics in 1998/1999.[/s]

You must think you were speaking with your Father.

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by aribisala0(m): 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ibos are very good at buying and selling specific things but that is a very small part of business. Running a poultry is business and to the best of my knowledge day old chicks are not being produced in the entire SE(I stand to be corrected) You always hear Ibos boast about how big Onitsha market is which reveals their mindset about what business is.

Is Nairaland a business? Yes
Does it involve shops and containers? No
But the Ibo man's mind set about business is big markets , lots of containers and LOTS of cash . They will tell you of huge volumes of cash being moved up and down

The number one business in Nigeria today is telecomm. Everyday people buy recharge cards and the companies do not have to beg anyone. Are they Ibo run ? NO!!!
Are there containers involved? No

We see trailers on the road daily moving vegetables and petrol up and down the country and no one can say this is dominated by Ibos
What about Abokis killing people who mess with their cows? Do we think they are doing business or just having fun?
Abokis selling Dollars nko are they having a picnic?
The truth is all Nigerians do business and different groups have acumen for different things. By far the largest part of our Economy is Agriculture,Telecomms ,oil and gas ,Banking and finance and then manufacturing

NOT in ANY ONE of these can Ibos be said to be dominant. NOT ONE. In Agriculture in particular ,the biggest segment of our economy, What do Ibos produce? That Nigerians buy daily ? Is it Garri, Tomatoes,Onions or Pineapples oranges cashews palm oil eggs ,chicken or fish.

Ibo people should stop making noise. The truth is if we were to ethnicize things then the biggest businessmen in Nigeria are the North and SW not Ibos

The Ibos are best at trading which is the lower end of business.

At the high end they will continue making noise about INNOSON but when you probe deeper it is empty

We are waiting for the Ibo Nairaland

Those who produce and sell foodstuff in Nigeria they are the real businessmen and they do so without Noise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude, there is trading evident in banking, entertainment, oil and gas, agriculture, retail and wholesale enterprise, stock market trade, forex, and etc, so what's your freaking point? Your objection does not change the facts, igbos dominates in most trades/businesses if not all.
putting it more specific;4*4 foot retailer trader sad
Re: I Respect Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
sure! But in economic growth igbos are More essential. U talked about agriculture, who import those agro allied chemicals an equipment?u talk about education, who import those textbooks?u wear Armani and D&G, who imports those? IGBOS!!! And when it comes to export of farm products they are there too
your opinion

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by kernel501: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:
I imagine we would not hear a word if the richest and most successful business man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, was Ibo.

HAVING ONE RICHEST MAN IS NOT THE SAME AS EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH WHICH IS GOOD FOR ANY COUNTRY.

THE GDP OF AN AVERAGE HAUSA MAN MAY BE $300 PER PERSON
WHILE THAT OF IGBOS MAY BE AS MUCH AS $3000 PER PERSON.

8 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by kernel501: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Substandard Ko..... Ministandard ni... Real estate in Lagos , abuja and pH, which non indigenes owns most of it? Even in other states, who competes with themselves and other indigenes in the business? Yeye ...

LET ME HELP YOUR CLAIM...

2015 IGBOS leads in WASSCE performance chart

https://www.nairaland.com/2914357/breaking-news-again-south-east-leads#42641776

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by kernel501: 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
aribisala0:
Ibos are very good at buying and selling specific things but that is a very small part of business. Running a poultry is business and to the best of my knowledge day old chicks are not being produced in the entire SE(I stand to be corrected) You always hear Ibos boast about how big Onitsha market is which reveals their mindset about what business is.

Is Nairaland a business? Yes
Does it involve shops and containers? No
But the Ibo man's mind set about business is big markets , lots of containers and LOTS of cash . They will tell you of huge volumes of cash being moved up and down

The number one business in Nigeria today is telecomm. Everyday people buy recharge cards and the companies do not have to beg anyone. Are they Ibo run ? NO!!!
Are there containers involved? No

We see trailers on the road daily moving vegetables and petrol up and down the country and no one can say this is dominated by Ibos
What about Abokis killing people who mess with their cows? Do we think they are doing business or just having fun?
Abokis selling Dollars nko are they having a picnic?
The truth is all Nigerians do business and different groups have acumen for different things. By far the largest part of our Economy is Agriculture,Telecomms ,oil and gas ,Banking and finance and then manufacturing

NOT in ANY ONE of these can Ibos be said to be dominant. NOT ONE. In Agriculture in particular ,the biggest segment of our economy, What do Ibos produce? That Nigerians buy daily ? Is it Garri, Tomatoes,Onions or Pineapples oranges cashews palm oil eggs ,chicken or fish.

Ibo people should stop making noise. The truth is if we were to ethnicize things then the biggest businessmen in Nigeria are the North and SW not Ibos

The Ibos are best at trading which is the lower end of business.

At the high end they will continue making noise about INNOSON but when you probe deeper it is empty

We are waiting for the Ibo Nairaland

Those who produce and sell foodstuff in Nigeria they are the real businessmen and they do so without Noise.

WHICH MARKET IN LAGOS DO YORUBAS HAVE DOMINANCE?
YOU SAID WE ARE TRADERS, HERE IS THE LATEST REPORT ON EDUCATION

WE ARE LEADING BOTH IN NECO AND JAMB TOO... SO WHY THE NOISE?

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, please stop embarrassing yourself and the igbos you are trying to defend! Are you saying importation is now rocket science that nobody else can do it without igbos? ? ? Importation for goodness sakes!!!
am not defending anybody am just saying d truth, its not only about importation or export but generally the entrepreneurial spirit of igbos is second to non. After all d destructions caused by civil war and confiscation of their property an average igbo dey hustle pass other tribe. I think others shud start learnining from. Ise ase je owo ase la...meaning u wrk to survive but to be rich u have to involve in bis.

8 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
am not defending anybody am just saying d truth, its not only about importation or export but generally the entrepreneurial spirit of igbos is second to non. After all d destructions caused by civil war and confiscation of their property an average igbo dey hustle pass other tribe. I think others shud start learnining from. Ise ase je owo ase la...meaning u wrk to survive but to be rich u have to involve in bis.

Your problem is that you confuse your personal opinion (which like every other person you are entitled to having) for truth. You can't impose your opinion on others. Necessity they say is the mother of inventions. Igbos are not the only group that have demonstrated commendable resilience after facing crushing defeat in a civil war -- the Germans, Japanese, and Rwandans also did it and we dont know how other Nigerian/African ethnicities would fare under same circumstances (for better or for worse). Obviously their loss is a key motivating factor in their entrepreneurial gains as a people which is a common trait in humans -- adversity can be a strong motivator and driver towards success. But you Mr. are confusing a lot of issues. In your attempt to commend their strides and maybe suck up to them you are making flippant and fallacious statements that have no basis in reality. Like I said earlier, if you are basing igbo business acumen and indispensability on their preference for importation of goods into the country, then I repeat that you don't know what you are talking about. Anybody can import goods into the country from China, rent a shop, and start selling. That is not rocket science bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Igbos by OyeniyiLeke: 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
[s] am not defending anybody am just saying d truth, its not only about importation or export but generally the entrepreneurial spirit of igbos is second to non. After all d destructions caused by civil war and confiscation of their property an average igbo dey hustle pass other tribe. I think others shud start learnining from. Ise ase je owo ase la...meaning u wrk to survive but to be rich u have to involve in bis.[/s]

Nonsense!!

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by aribisala0(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2016
kernel501:

WHICH MARKET IN LAGOS DO YORUBAS HAVE DOMINANCE?
YOU SAID WE ARE TRADERS, HERE IS THE LATEST REPORT ON EDUCATION

WE ARE LEADING BOTH IN NECO AND JAMB TOO... SO WHY THE NOISE?
You see Yorubas are not Market Men Generally .Clearly You are that is why you argue like one. If you wishh to discuss WASSCE create a thread for that. Let us stick to the subject here.
You display that mentality that BUSINESS is about Markets which is typically Ibo. Is there any market in Nigeria that trades more than recharge cards or petrol stations?
IS GLO IBO?
IS CONOIL IBO?
IS FCMB IBO?
Well the most important market in Lagos is the MONEY MARKET. That is if you know what that means? There are NO CONTAINERS and "SHADES" there .
Business is not about MAKATES so dominating makates is MEANINGLESS .
Business is about producing what is sold in the "makates" and in Nigeria that means FOOD!!!
Who sells dollars and Pounds is it IBOS

IS NAIRALAND IBO??

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
Some Yorubas are pained... Gosh....
They just feel like killing the op BC he voiced his observation without fear, hatred, bigotry and favour...

At op.. Igbo's also do not only dominate in business but other aspects that can alleviate suffering and putting smile in human faces...

Football, they are there to please you..
Education, they are there to represent you internationally.
Entertainment is there home calling.

Mention any fields and the Igbo's will make you proud of yourself and shaming your enemies.

In my next world I will like to be an Igbo. No offense.

9 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by emmysoftyou: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
everyone is essential,no one is bigger than the other,thast why I said you are mischievous,you are placing them above others,there is no justification of that,we all contribute our quotas to make Nigeria what it is
bro, you have spoken the plain truth. Everyone is essential and no one is bigger than the other.I dont know what the op saw and marvelled about the igbos.
The same way he respect them,is the same way i respects the yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
aribisala0:

You see Yorubas are not Market Men Generally .Clearly You are that is why you argue like one. If you wishh to discuss WASSCE create a thread for that. Let us stick to the subject here.
You display that mentality that BUSINESS is about Markets which is typically Ibo. Is there any market in Nigeria that trades more than recharge cards or petrol stations?
IS GLO IBO?
IS CONOIL IBO?
IS FCMB IBO?
Well the most important market in Lagos is the MONEY MARKET. That is if you know what that means? There are NO CONTAINERS and "SHADES" there .
Business is not about MAKATES so dominating makates is MEANINGLESS .
Business is about producing what is sold in the "makates" and in Nigeria that means FOOD!!!
Who sells dollars and Pounds is it IBOS

IS NAIRALAND IBO??

Seek yee education my guy... Lol

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by biafranking: 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
mcvaeey:
same to your father.
stop that boyish act..face him.
Ndigbo dominate all sectors of daily life.
We re unique.

Proudly igbo

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by highpriest4: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
darkenkach:
Sharap you are an igbo man..
Edward lekinson na omo, kwara alumn. Everything is not tribalism. Lekinson, how church go be tomorrow
Re: I Respect Igbos by DaFlash: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=leke12 post=42639448]
Yes we respect igbos

WITH IMITATION

O.P you must be a fool like your others on this thread for imitating and posing like a Yoruba person
If you are so obsessed with yoruba's progress, rich lifestyles and culture then watch and learn so it can be of benefits to you and your tribe rather than displaying your foolishness on a public forum.
Re: I Respect Igbos by fabre4: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:
I imagine we would not hear a word if the richest and most successful business man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, was Ibo.

Your pic was somebody's quote ....I could decide to make my quote the opposite of his and it doesn't make him wrong or me right. Do not build your principle based on peoples quote
Re: I Respect Igbos by fulanimafia: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
There is no such thing as even distribution of wealth, do your research.

Beat your chest till it's sore, it does not change the facts that Dangote is wealthier than the top 10 ibo businessmen combined, and that Northerners (whether in business or politics) form the wealthiest band of Nigerians in this country.

Not that it matters to any illuminated mind.

kernel501:

HAVING ONE RICHEST MAN IS NOT THE SAME AS EVEN DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH WHICH IS GOOD FOR ANY COUNTRY.

THE GDP OF AN AVERAGE HAUSA MAN MAY BE $300 PER PERSON
WHILE THAT OF IGBOS MAY BE AS MUCH AS $3000 PER PERSON.

Re: I Respect Igbos by fulanimafia: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
fabre4:

Your pic was somebody's quote ....I could decide to make my quote the opposite of his and it doesn't make him wrong or me right. Do not build your principle based on peoples quote

It is scientific fact that superiority complex wells from inner feelings of inferiority (probably due to war scars), and it is common wisdom that the empty barrel usually makes the most noise.

That quote was only a corroboration of the above salient truths.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by Chukazu: 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Imagine o? It's like saying that the economy of the entire country is dependent on a tribe of traders ? ? Fine, igbos are skilled traders but no need exaggerating this. Not all Igbos are trading inclined -- the Imo and Enugu folks for examples prefer more educational/administrative/professional proficiency, while the Ebonyi axis prefers to focus more on Agric. The Anambra and Abia axis are the predominant traders of the group. Hausas also have traders, skilled ones too. The ijebus and Ogbomosho folks are well known and skilled traders as well. This overhyping is becoming ridiculous and reeks of desperation for relevance.

ANAMBRA axis predominantly traders?
how do you explain that same Anambra has one of the highest Academics in Nigeria not to talk of South East?

have you been to Aba and Onitcha and see numerous folks who are of Enugu and imo extraction?

for the fact you don't have a place like Aba and Onitcha in imo and Enugu ;does that make them less of Marchants?

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by theDEVILisHERE: 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
I Am a complete yoruba man but I respect this tribe because of their biz acumen. No tribe is comparable to them, I work in Lagos and I know what am saying. Nigerians need igbos more for our economic development.

In other news....
Not been tribalistic...most igbos are criminals

Igbos do not need your respect or that of other hypocritical and mischievious lot within the british created nigga area
They just want to be left alone
SIMPLE

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by kernel501: 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:
There is no such thing as even distribution of wealth, do your research.

Beat your chest till it's sore, it does not change the facts that Dangote is wealthier than the top 10 ibo businessmen combined, and that Northerners (whether in business or politics) form the wealthiest band of Nigerians in this country.

Not that it matters to any illuminated mind.

CAN DANGOTE'S TAX SUSTAIN TAX A STATE?

LOOK AS AT THE TIME WHEN EL-RUFIL AS FGT MINISTER HE DID SAY THAT 63% OF THE PROPERTY WERE OWNED BY THE IGBOS, WHY NOT DANGOTE? THEY PAY LAND-USE-CHARGE AND INCOME TAX, NO DEVELOPED ECONOMY IS DEPENDENT ONE COMPANY.

5 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by fabre4: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:

It is scientific fact that superiority complex wells from inner feelings of inferiority (probably due to war scars), and it is common wisdom that the empty barrel usually makes the most noise.

That quote was only a corroboration of the above salient truths.

Human beings are too unstable to be able to predict exactly at any point in time their feelings so while I can't argue with facts I think its relative to only some people and shouldn't be applied to all for example the royalties feel superior to their subjects it doesn't mean the royalties have inferiority complex

And concerning the empty barrels make the most noise well they are just barrels cause you can't say that in the court

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku's Portrait Spotted In Wike's Office? (pics) / There Is No Real Hate Between Igbos And Yorubas / Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.