Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. (2943 Views)

Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics / PAL-V Liberty Flying Car: An Overview / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by hkwills(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2016
Saw this in a friends jeep ( liberty)
A. Benz C class engine i4
And the ca wa fitted with 3.5 V6 engine.
B4 now

1 Like

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by temipet(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Wudnt ve Blvd if not 4 d pic,d mechanic sure gat brain
Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by mayor2013: 11:20am On Feb 05, 2016
temipet:
Wudnt ve Blvd if not 4 d pic,d mechanic sure gat brain

What kind of Brain are you talking about? a porous one or a good one Look at wires running from kano to lagos. Am sure for the rest of this ride's life visiting of one mechanic to the other would be a norm. Am sure from the pix the ride was in a mechanic's work shop. "Poor jeep liberty who did this to you" cry

4 Likes

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by chillex8(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2016
mayor2013:

What kind of Brian are you talking about? a porous one or a good one Look at wires running from kano to lagos. Am sure for the rest of this ride's life visiting of one mechanic to the other would be a norm. Am sure from the pix the ride was in a mechanic's work shop. "Poor jeep liberty who did this to you" cry

A mechanic's shop with interlocking tiles

6 Likes

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by hkwills(m): 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
chillex8:

A mechanic's shop with interlocking tiles

Lol u so funny
It runs well without issues
Ac working so well
Fuel Consumption very low
Liberty jeep now has a benz sound lol cheesy
That's my office and not a mechanic workshop.
Owner is enjoying it for 6months now
Conversion was done in kano.
Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
hkwills:

Lol u so funny
Ac working so well

This SUV will ALWAYS have issues. In general, even the best of engine conversions are likely to have things going wrong. This one here is a rough job, poorly done. I can point out a myriad of hazards without seeing the car in real life.

Fuel consumption very low, LMAO...how did you work that out, when YOU don't own the car, and have NOT driven it? Just so you know - this combination will have poor gas mileage compared to the original V6. The I4 engine is way too underpowered for a heavy SUV, and it'll be overworked.

4 Likes

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by chillex8(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
hkwills:

Lol u so funny
Ac working so well

Its the owners car.
He requested for the conversion himself.
If it ever works well, his luck.

In life, never say never. Anything is possible.

But you don't replace a hip joint with the shoulder joint, just because the shoulder joint has a wider range of movement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by diportivo: 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
The parts for this car are not even dat expensive

And they r available....atleast i know for lagos

I will still put micra engine in my nissan xterra as i dey look am

wink

3 Likes

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by hkwills(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
diportivo:
The parts for this car are not even dat expensive

And they r available....atleast i know for lagos

I will still put micra engine in my nissan xterra as i dey look am

wink
cheesy
Lol
It is even move to to compare a 1.1 litre engine to d size of d car u pull
Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 08, 2016
hkwills:
B4 now

These are the kinds of mechanics I would love to meet.

I don't think this particular engine is a good match for this conversion but I would like to see what method he used to do it.

Also wonder why the original engine was not rebuilt.

1 Like

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by lonelydora: 4:57am On Feb 08, 2016
I wonder why he did this. The parts are readily available and cheap. Well, I'm expecting another thread like "Please help!! Liberty Jeep is draining my pocket" or "Help me before this Jeep kill me".

1 Like

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by godwinkessi: 5:26am On Feb 08, 2016
Siena:

This SUV will ALWAYS have issues. In general, even the best of engine conversions are likely to have things going wrong. This one here is a rough job, poorly done. I can point out a myriad of hazards without seeing the car in real life.

Fuel consumption very low, LMAO...how did you work that out, when YOU don't own the car, and have NOT driven it? Just so you know - this combination will have poor gas mileage compared to the original V6. The I4 engine is way too underpowered for a heavy SUV, and it'll be overworked.

Senior, can a Toyota Camry 2009 be converted to a Mercedes engine that runs on rear wheel drive?
Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by Denn(m): 7:50am On Feb 08, 2016
mayor2013:

What kind of Brain are you talking about? a porous one or a good one Look at wires running from kano to lagos. Am sure for the rest of this ride's life visiting of one mechanic to the other would be a norm. Am sure from the pix the ride was in a mechanic's work shop. "Poor jeep liberty who did this to you" cry

With the limited resources available to a street Mech, he was able to implant an M111 into a Jeep.

This is the kind of Mech I would like to meet.

Yes, he is not perfect and all that but he was able to use his brain and put his efforts toward it.

This car might not be efficient but I can guarantee you that this guy can only get better.

3 Likes

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
godwinkessi:

Senior, can a Toyota Camry 2009 be converted to a Mercedes engine that runs on rear wheel drive?

Yes it can, with the right approach and funds. The question is why would you even consider it?

1 Like

Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by ikdaddy01(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
hkwills:

Ac working so well
Why we de worry ourselves nah.
Op say the car runs fine, and owner is enjoying it. Unless u ve not seen Liberty and its troubles.
Whichever way, lets pray we dont see a thread about his unhappy state.
Re: Benz Engine On Jeep Liberty. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
hkwills:
B4 now
I saw your mail but can't access it
Send me a direct mail to mrfebuc@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Acquires New Porsche 911 (photos) / UBER TOP 5 Affordable Alternative Cars For Toyota Corolla (opinion) / Changing Ones Car Paint: The Procedure!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.