Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects (24390 Views)

Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piƧ / Emir Zubairu Gwari To Subjects In Kaduna: "Defend Yourselves" / 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by csc2(m): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
cry
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
kennyman200:
Hmmmmm... In this jet age. Backwardness.. Only God knows if those people have ever heard of Google in their life. Uncivilised set of people.

What are you waiting for?

Go and enlighten them na

Mtchewwww
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:
Came to check the region buh was surprised, guess they beat the North to this...

Dum*
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by missionmex(m): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
eagleonearth:
LOOOL
is the king not human? If he does not wish to be floged, he should not be allowed to flog anyone lipsrsealed
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Castrated set of buffons ....only in the dreaded part of the zoo will you see such....quote me and die
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vanquay:
What a barbaric culture. Absolutely Disgusting. They are right up there with islam on my disgust scale lipsrsealed

Hate all you wantsmiley

That culture and Islam are here to staycheesy

Can you please go to hell nowsmiley

1 Like

Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by gasgenius(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
I blame the white man for this , they need more colonization
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by SylarsMcQuins: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
daretodiffer:

Dum*

Zoms
The bitchhh pained
Go find peace Maam
Nairaland won't help ur situation
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

Zoms
My mother, The bitchhh is pained
Nairaland won't help my situation
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
gasgenius:
I blame the white man for this , they need more colonization

What is stopping you?undecided
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by SylarsMcQuins: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Frustration shud be seen as a disease
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

Lol

Funny bitch like my mother
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by sketcherJ(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
smiley winkAll right..this is coming late, didn't know it would make FP today....for more pictures..you could go to

http://dandywriter..com/2016/02/the-festival-where-king-beats-subjects.html?m=1
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by yemoxyl(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
End time festival
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Mckayzee(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
The festival is not anything strange to general Yoruba tradition...I served in Ondo state, in a town called Iju, and I witnessed the festival there. I was super surprised when I got to know the same is practiced even here in Lagos.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by habsydiamond(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
princeonx:

Olodo lol
una no knw math. The boy do subtraction for the 3-2 get 1 come do addition for 0+8 get 8. Come tell me wetin he do wey bad
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by ebuka1511(m): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
The festival or custom is not new, we in Anambra have a similar culture like that, I'm from Idemili south LGA, we call it "AFIA OLU" . And it precedes the new yam festival celebration. In our tradition, the king and his chiefs are merely spectators while the male youths are the main participants, in this festival, lots of masquerades make appearances here, proud to say I also participated in this festival, u know take show say u fit chop pain! But surprise to know some part of the west also have this tradition.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by olafestid(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Not only in Osi as u just mentioned, its all over ondo state entirely, mainly in ifedore local Govt, my home town precisely, ILARA MOKIN is an example of the cane or yam festival coming up mainly September yearly.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Marshallian(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
daretodiffer:

Ode!
lol..... not so cool
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmn...you sha wan kill yourself because of Islam. Kontinew

Vanquay:
What a barbaric culture. Absolutely Disgusting. They are right up there with islam on my disgust scale lipsrsealed
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
ebuka1511:
The festival or custom is not new, we in Anambra have a similar culture like that, I'm from Idemili south LGA, we call it "AFIA OLU" . And it precedes the new yam festival celebration. In our tradition, the king and his chiefs are merely spectators while the male youths are the main participants, in this festival, lots of masquerades make appearances here, proud to say I also participated in this festival, u know take show say u fit chop pain! But surprise to know some part of the west also have this tradition.

That is life for yousmiley
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Marshallian(m): 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
olafestid:
Not only in Osi as u just mentioned, its all over ondo state entirely, mainly in ifedore local Govt, my home town precisely, ILARA MOKIN is an example of the cane or yam festival coming up mainly September yearly.

Sorry man.. I feel your grief, u must have received some beatings while growing up in that community grin
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
You people sha like bashing your own bloods just to sound politically correct and appear "civilized". Have you heard of Oyinbo's Halloween before? Now tell tell me what is civilized there. Shame on you!

kennyman200:
Hmmmmm... In this jet age. Backwardness.. Only God knows if those people have ever heard of Google in their life. Uncivilised set of people.

Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by tuffgongjo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kilode? Thank Jah say I no be from that side.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by james2man: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
Harmful traditional practice. In as much that culture is dynamic practice like this should been modify, no doubt it is the local village champions boys/girls/men/women that will participate in such festive. Because i cant imagine people of good professional status, like medical dr,lawyers,engineers etc who are from that town to visit home for festival like this and be caned severely all in the name of festival.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by yakubuadeiza(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
sketcherJ:

Source:
http://dandywriter..com/2016/02/the-festival-where-king-bjects.html?m=1

Walahi kai, dis pissure I dey sleep me for my eye....
Me I no dey for dis kind of practice fa....walahi
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by franklingud(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
undecided
Only the yoloba can do that.
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by erusen: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vanquay:
nigga

Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by oluwasegun007(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
the perfect tym to hit at that our no 1 rival...
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by eniorisha(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
It has for long time ago been stopped in ipetu ijesha! Nothing like opa festival there again_an indigene of ipetu ijesha
Re: Osi Opa Festival (Cane Festival), Where The King Canes The Subjects by Biggybogo1(m): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
LUBBISH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Using The Toilet Compared To Life, Notice In An Office: Your Reaction? / Abubakar Waziri Mahdi Is Dead & Buried (Pics) / Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.