Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

A-Z Of Fayose Mayhem By Oladele Dada John - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A-Z Of Fayose Mayhem By Oladele Dada John (434 Views)

EFCC Recovers $3.1bn In 6 Months – Kayode Oladele / Jonathan's Trekker Oladele In Otuoke As Election Observer(pic) / Photos Of Fayose, Dogara And Others In Jerusalem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A-Z Of Fayose Mayhem By Oladele Dada John by oladeile(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
In the rouse of his latest tweet about not going to be holding any meeting on social media, especially with JJ Omojuwa for now. Oladele Dada John celebrates the numerous confrontations that have defined the Ekiti born politician’s career. Fayose has hit the headlines of Nigeria newspaper several times from Ado Ekiti to Abuja, the outspoken politician has a long history of multihued feuds from his first term as governor to the second time servicing as Ekiti state governor. In the midst of all of that, Oladele looks back at some of the major altercations throughout Fayose’s apex political career, an A to Z of his utmost controversies over the previous decades and present reign…

A is for APC: Fayose took time to thank the people of Ekiti state after election and said “You have successfully supported me in sending them (APC) back to their masters in Lagos. Not in our history again will they come back to our state”

B is for Buhari: During the election campaign, Fayose was a strong force and he doesn’t fear anyone when he comes to lashing out at anyone. During the campaign he said to Nigerians that “don’t vote for Apc, don’t vote for Buhari because he’ll soon die”.

C is for Civil servants: Furious at several talks going around the state about nonpayment of salary he said “All that governors do is to approve the money; it is civil servants that pay civil servants and I believe no politician can steal money without the help of the civil servant, we should look inwards.”

D is for Democracy: After president Buhari won the 2015 election, he was among the first set of people to congratulate him. Fayose said “One thing I want you all to realize today is this… I love President Muhammadu Buhari, people think I hate him but I don’t. Democracy is founded on opposition”.

E is for Ekiti: Fayose spoke about his love for the people of Ekiti and he promised to deliver during his time as governor. Fayose said “It’s Ekiti first before Nigeria. Every politics is local, every governance starts from the home”.

F is for Free & fair: After court nullified Wike’s election in Rivers state, Fayose was upset and he asked a question on social media which was directed to citizens of Nigeria. Fayose said “With the nullification of Rivers & Akwa Ibom States elections & some others won by PDP, can we still say Jega conducted free & fair polls? is either we conclude Jega did not conduct free & fair elections or a section of the judiciary is being manipulated against the PDP:.

G is for God-fatherism: Fashola wrote a piece asking some questions about Fayose’s victory and saying that Fayemi accepted defeat because he did not want bloodshed. Fayose replied by saying “I really don’t want to join issues with them, particularly, Fashola because I like him so much. I like his person and I have a lot of respect for him. But Fashola is talking from two sides of his mouth. They say Fayose is not educated, according to them, but he is educated. He is learned but Fashola is not a product of internal democracy. Fashola is a product of imposition, of god-fatherism. I remember when Fashola and Asiwaju Tinubu had issues, there were trumped-up charges against him through the House of Assembly. I remember vividly that he had to go to the court to clip their wings, otherwise they would have messed him up. And even at that, they still kept a tab on him. How would you be a governor, not elected in a transparent primary, but selected by one leader and you would still be surprised if an election was won through due process? Fashola knows that when he accused Asiwaju of not allowing due process or internal process in the party, Bola Tinubu told him, ‘Have you forgotten that if I followed due process, you would not be governor?’ So he cannot appreciate due process politically. When they were nominating commissioners, he didn’t have one commissioner. He cannot equally say this is my deputy. You know I chose my deputy myself, against all the odds. They gave him a deputy governor, probably, the only person I think he owns now is his wife. I am sure Fashola has forgotten that he is a lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, and that the constitution of Nigeria says a man is adjudged innocent until otherwise proved by a court of competent jurisdiction. I don’t want to say anything negative about him. I would have asked a special adviser or somebody working under me to reply him, but because he is a governor, I have to reply him myself. Let me remind him very quickly, I was governor before him. He was an ordinary chief of staff at that time. I am his senior politically. If at all he knows anything about politics, I am his senior. We know the intrigues more than him. It is true he is sitting on a prime state like Lagos under the watch of his godfather, but he should not run his mouth. It is unfortunate that a man at his level is talking like that. I am an institution like his godfather in Ekiti. When I started, I didn’t have a godfather. I didn’t have anybody like the Saraki of Ilorin who put Bukola Saraki there. They should learn to allow democracy to run. I want to tell them, if care is not taken, they would lose Lagos. The tide, the movement is against them.”

H is for Himself: Buhari’s anti-corruption mere noise-making, diversionary, witch-hunting. Fayose talked tough and infact a lot of people have tagged him as arrogant; he’s never afraid of facing or lashing anybody. After the APC lead government by Buhari started pointing at several individuals in the PDP’s led government by GEJ and tagging them as corrupt fellows, Fayose took time to criticize Buhari and APC by saying “If President Buhari knows where the stolen funds are kept and who looted the funds, he does not need all these public announcements. Rather, he should make public names of the looters and bring back the purported stolen funds, location of which he has identified. President Buhari and his men should know that Nigeria of today is different from that of 1983. Nigerians are watching and unlike 1983, nothing can prevent them from asking questions, which they are already asking. He should know that the efforts to brand PDP as a party of corrupt people and suppress the giant strides of GEJ won’t work. Nigerians know that APC is peopled with more corrupt people. President must treat issue of corruptn without looking at political parties No one sits with corruption to fight corruption. As it is today, President Buhari is sitting among corrupt people. He must first extricate himself from the comity of corruption that he is before his anti-corruption stance can be accorded respect”.

I is for Imagination: Not long after been elected as governor, Fayose was criticized for his stomach infrastructure agenda. Fayose responded by saying “I am the Governor of your imagination, the Governor that drinks agbo jedi and eats boli with you”.

J is for Jonathan: Fayose talked about his possibility of becoming a president in this country someday and he also spoke about his strong support for GEJ in the coming election. Fayose said “There is something fundamental about me. They would all be living in this country when I would be at the top. They will be criticizing me as I go to the top; that is their way. I am still going higher. He was then asked if he wanted to contest for the presidency, well, maybe one day, after Jonathan. I will give Jonathan unalloyed loyalty and support. After Jonathan, if anybody wants to use me for anything higher, I will be glad to do it; it’s service”.

K is for Kwenu: Fayose is fondly known as the governor of the people by the Ekiti people. He’s known for organizing coalition of Ekiti state people meeting in different states and among all tribes of entrepreneurs in Ekiti state. Fayose was at the market one day and he greeted saying “Igbo Kwenu, Ekenedili gi Maka Oge e nweputara maka ihum tata,anam ekwe nkwa n asi n nga aru oru ga amasi ndi igbo na ndi Ekiti nile”.

L is for Lion: Fayose is always known for gesture, and he once compared himself with the greats in the bible. He said that “The Bible says the righteous will be as bold as a lion.”

M is for Margin: Fayose caused controversy among Ekiti people after winning the election with a big margin. The Ekiti State governor said “The same margin I gave to Adebayo was the same I gave to Fayemi. The only difference is that Fayemi was defeated in the 16 local government areas. It was 16-0.”

N is for Name: A lot of people were shocked at the massive Fayose victory, but Fayose said he absolutely expected it and he said “No, we know the facts on ground. We live by realities, not propaganda. There are no Nigerian politicians, serious politicians, irrespective of their political parties, that do not know that Fayose is on the ground and that Fayose’s name is a household name in Ekiti. Despite the fact that I have left office for eight years, I remain with the people. I have fought several elections, for and in support of even the All Progressives Congress. I supported Kayode Fayemi in the rerun. I was the beautiful bride then. It is their way when the going is good with them; when you are fighting on their side, you are the best in the world. Then, you will not be a criminal; then you will not be 419er; then you have integrity, then you will be celebrated. When you are against them; when you humble them, they call you all sorts of names. They look for theories that do not go with reality.

O is for Obasanjo: Fayose did not spare his former tormentor and the man believed to have orchestrated his impeachment the last time he was governor. He said during PDP’s campaign that “It doesn’t matter whether you are a former president or former governor, if you disparage the party again, we will take you out. I am telling you expressly. By no small means, posterity has put me in this position, if anybody wants to join the APC, let him go there. If former President Olusegun Obasanjo wants to join the APC, let him go to APC. Segun Oni has gone, we don’t beg for membership. We want loyal members of our party. Obasanjo should stop making uncomplimentary statements about the party, if he continues, we will suspend him; nobody is bigger than this party”.

P is for PDP: When I fought the PDP, I wrote a letter of resignation and I left. You cannot be in a glass house and throw stones; so whosoever, no matter how big you are, you must be careful. You see, they said Segun Oni left, did he win his polling booth? Segun Oni was imposed; his allegiance was to the people that imposed him. We are not bothered about that, but some people have names, they have no ground supporters. Those who hired people like Segun Oni and gave him deputy chairman, South-West, they have hired what Yoruba call korofo, empty carton

Q is for Queen: Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state arrived at the gates of the state secretariat as early as 8:00 am Nigerian time to supervise the arrival of state workers to the secretariat one of these days. After, 8:00 am the governor stopped workers that came late to work from entering the complex. In his usual exuberance and dictatorial style, the governor threatened the workers after tongue lashing them; several of the workers took the unusual step of prostrating to beg the governor so as to save their job. Fayose said after “Even if you are from royal family or a king or a queen from anywhere, henceforth, as from today you must not come late again to the office. I have forgiven you all”.

Read more http://www.oladeile.com/a-z-of-fayose-mayhem-by-oladele-dada-john/

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: NEMA Officials Welcome Another New Born Baby In Yola IDP Camp / We’ll Locate Chibok Girls, Others – Chief Of Air Staff Says / Governor Ambode Meets With Former Chief Judges Of Lagos State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.