Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) (28137 Views)

Top 5 Yoruba Movie Stars To Watch In 2018 / Tiwa Savage And Movie Stars At Wizkid Ex, Tania Omotayo Cocktail Party [PICS] / Photos Of Nollywood Stars Who Relocated Abroad (What They Look Like Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by iceberylin(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Mr Ibu, nko?
Ibu made me laugh too..
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 8:22am On Feb 06, 2016
That NKEM Owoh's song "I go chop your dollar" was very popular so many years ago,but the govt had to ban it no thanks to it's controversial lyrics which was said was encouraging 419. He also recorded several soundtracks which were being used in some home videos.
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by lordhippo(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=Ndlistic post=42662399]Genevieve Nnaji

Genevieve Nnaji was the first Nollywood actress to delve into music, after she was suspended from acting alongside some of her colleagues in 2005. She released her first single, “No More” which earned her a mouth-watering recording deal in Ghana, before she went underground. Ten years after she released that song, the respected actress has never made any attempt again to rock the microphone. The last that was heard of her was when D’banj featured her in the music video of his “Fall in Love”song. Pundits are convinced that the star of “Ije: The Journey” and “Tangle with Me” did not only lack the carriage and drive to sustain her dream as a budding singer, but also, she wasn’t as hot as the likes of Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Seyi Shay, Cynthia Morgan among others. No doubt, she has a great voice and a great personality, but like her colleagues, she doesn’t have what it takes to reach gold status as a singer.

Genevieve, Omotola

Omotola Jalade Ekehinde

Like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola tried her hands on music, after she was banned alongside Genny by the then Ejike Asiegbu-led AGN in 2005. That year, she released a single entitled ‘Gba,’ followed by the video and an album. But despite the massive airplay, the album did not see the light of the day. Her star dimmed after she released other songs like ‘Missing You’ and ‘Feel Alright.’ Omotola knew when to call it quits and realizing that music isn’t her calling, the actress quickly returned to her first love – acting. And since then, you hardly can hear her talk about music.

Anita Joseph

Anita Joseph is actually not one of the most-sought-after actresses in Nollywood but she certainly has made a name for herself as a controversial actress. Few years back, she delved into music, releasing her debut single entitled, “Go Gaga.” The song did not make the desired impact, even though it managed to receive some airplay with plenty uncomplimentary reviews, before going into oblivion. She made efforts to perform at Ikeja niteclub, but her outing never gained the necessary attention to her album. Not stopping at that, the controversial actress went back to work, and this time, planned two new gospel songs, claiming it was God that directed her to do so. But till date, those planned works are yet to see the light of the day. Ever since, nothing has been heard of her musically.

Shan George

She is a great actress any day. But when she strayed into music, tongues wagged that she might not go far in the field. And true to her critics’ prediction, she didn’t. Like her colleagues, the passion died as soon as she arrived the nation’s music scene. It would be recalled that she performed in a couple of gigs, including the annual ‘Felabration’ and has released an album. Her musical video, which was directed by Grant Amehin was excellent but Shan George could not sustain the tempo. She faded away. It was said that she was not cut out to be a long time singer. And truly, she once confessed that her albums were just for the people in her village. Her brand of music was in the popular genres like folklore, highlife and afro. To many, Shan George’s greatest undoing was her decision to delve into music. Now that one of her sons is into music, there is the possibility that she might decide to do a collaboration with him.

Patience Ozokwor

Popularly called Mama G, when Patience Ozokwor, widely known for her wicked roles in movies, decided to give music a shot, her fans expressed strong reservations. This is not because she lacked the rare talent to launch herself into the mainstream music world, but more to that, she didn’t have the staying power in the industry. After releasing the video for ‘Adaeze,’ a single off her ‘Ojadili’ album in 2012, nothing was heard from her again. Mama G did not release more than a single before she disappeared from the scene.

Tonto Dikeh and Cossy Orjiakor

Cossy-Orjiako-Tonto-Dikeh

The list of actors who strayed into music cannot be complete without mentioning Tonto Dikeh and Cossy Orjiakor. These two controversial actresses grabbed the microphones to show the other side of their talents. But the move didn’t pay off. Tonto, who has been humbled by marriage faced criticisms over her “Get High Ït’s Ova” songs which she released in 2012. Many praised her creativity, while others who remained neutral turned her songs into a comedy. Yet, in the midst of those criticisms, she remained undaunted and focused, with many of her fans still loving and following her on Facebook and Twitter. It was same with the queen of boobs, Cossy Orjiakor. Endowed with sonorous voice, Cossy thought her voice would give her the edge to break into the music industry. Unfortunately, the reverse was the case, as her song, ‘Me and You” ended up a big flop. It was her hope that she would connect with her fans in some musical videos, but the fans looked the other way.

Jim Iyke

Nollywood bad boy, Jim Iyke, stormed the music scene with a lot of swagger and disappeared the same way he emerged. Then, many were optimistic that he would make impact on the music scene which his female colleagues failed to accomplish. But how they were proved wrong! Jim did not go beyond releasing a single, “Who am I,” in which he featured 2face. Jim, whose genre of music is rap, was actually determined to break into the music industry. He did everything to promote his music, spending a fortune on radio and television hypes. Yet, his music career was short of being a success. The actor also did another song entitled, ‘Born to do this.’ It featured Mike Word and Puffy T, but his sojourn in the industry failed.

Nkem Owoh and John Okafor

John Okafor, popularly called Mr. Ibu, and Nkem Owoh, a.k.a Osuofia, are two comic actors better described as thoroughbred Thespians. When they veered into music, many of their fans were not disturbed. Osuofia went ahead to release the hilarious song, ‘I go chop your Dollar.’ The audio and video of the song were banned on air due to their lyrical content. Not to be discouraged, the comic actor released another song, ‘Olamma,’ but he didn’t shine with the song. Just as his partner in ‘crime’, Mr. Ibu, grabbed the microphone and released an audio/video album some years back.

Ebube Nwagbo

Ebube Nwagbo also joined the league of failed actors-turned-musicians when she released her gospel album which she rendered in Igbo, “Agam Ebegara Chineke Akwa,” with a hit track Öge Ngozi mi Ebugo.” The beautiful actress went underground after releasing the album.

Desmond Elliot

Hon. Desmond Elliot started out as an actor and later tried his hands in music. While he may have succeeded in politics, the Nollywood actor cum director didn’t record the success in music.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/movie-stars-who-released-one-album-and-disappeared/

Hunger is the father of innovation
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by slex(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2016
That's where I respect Will Smith
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by danidee10(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2016
Na single jenny drop no be album.....olodo op
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2016
CELEBOLOFOFO:
complete compilation!
. celebolofofo. kindly contact me via Whatsapp 09039205941. want to work with you.
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2016
Businessnaija:
. celebolofofo. kindly contact me via Whatsapp 09039205941. want to work with you.

Ok will beep you

1 Like

Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Aspireahead(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
Oyio man i go chop your dollars...i go take your money disappear. love that song....
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Dlorv(f): 9:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Al is wel winkAl is wel
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by paulstrings(m): 9:59am On Feb 06, 2016
edlion57:
See the movie actor dat featured in one movie and disappear. ..okey igwe AHANNA ...rattle snake

I thought I was the only person in the whole world that saw that movie :-)
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by stanleyazo(m): 10:10am On Feb 06, 2016
Cossy Nigerian Movie star
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by SkinnyDude(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2016
iceberylin:
Nkem owoh was the bomb..

He has more than an Album
mr ibu nko
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by SkinnyDude(m): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2016
saintloveren:
OSUOFIA'S song was a hit all ova d country, it was the best amongs his colleagues followed by mamagee's songs national moi moi.
and mr ibu
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
CELEBOLOFOFO:

Ok will beep you
. Thanks for the reply. Am waiting.
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Kingosytex(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
who cares?
Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by corporateDan(m): 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
What of saheed Balogun...(fuji gyration)

1 Like

Re: Movie Stars Who Released One Album And Disappeared(photos) by Elxandre(m): 12:47am On Feb 07, 2016
iceberylin:
Nkem owoh was the bomb..

He has more than an Album
I was so angry that I wanted to lash the OP for including Nkem Owoh before I saw your post.
That album was a smashing hit!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyin Aimakhu And Kemi Olunloyo Exchange Words Over Controversial Death Threat / Lizzy Anjorin: Don't Leave Your Hubby If He Sleeps With Your Friend Or Househelp / Mary Remy Njoku Disagrees With Angela Okorie Over Father's Day Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.