Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl (54662 Views)

"I’ve Always Been Raped By My Stepfather Since I Was 10" - 14 Year Old Girl / End Time: See What 15year Old Girl Posted On Facebook (pics + Video) / Lady Was Given Indian Hemp And Raped After In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Hardeyghold(m): 4:40am On Feb 06, 2016

Every day has turned nightmarish for 15-year-old Semisola Olona (not real names) who seems not to get over the traumatic experience she had when she was allegedly raped by a commercial tricycle rider, known as Mr. Lati Ajoje.

Olona, a senior secondary one student in a Lagos school, said Ajoje was her mother’s customer and she knew him before the incident. Olona’s mother runs a canteen in Iyana Ipaja, Lagos.

She told our correspondent recently that she never believed Ajoje would rape her because he was a frequent customer at her mother’s shop.

In tears, Olona, who claimed she was a virgin before the incident, narrated how Ajoje took advantage of her.

She said she was on her way to her mother’s shop on January 15, 2016, when she met Ajoje who offered to drop her off at the canteen.

“I didn’t suspect anything. I even thanked him as I boarded his keke (tricycle). When we got to the bus stop, he turned and faced another route. I asked him if he wasn’t going to my mum’s shop again. He didn’t answer me. I told him to stop me at the bus stop but he refused.

“He then told me to be patient and said he only wanted to go and collect something at Water Estate. I insisted I wanted to drop off. He didn’t listen to me, he ignored me. He got to where he was going and he stopped at an uncompleted building and told me to get down. I asked him why, he said he wanted to tell me something. I told him I didn’t like the place he brought me and I was already feeling uncomfortable. He just carried me forcibly and entered the building. I was struggling. I even had to bite him but he didn’t bulge. He carried me into a room in the uncompleted building.

“He removed my clothes. I told him I would rather he killed me than do anything to me. But he said he wasn’t going to kill me but he would still have sex with me. That was how he forced himself on me and raped me,” she said.

Olona said Ajoje threatened to kill her if she ever told anybody about the incident.

“After raping me, he used one rag to clean me up. After he finished, he gave me N200. But I told him I wasn’t going to take his money. I was afraid to tell anybody because he had said he would kill me. But eventually, I had to tell my sister who told my mother. I have not seen him again since then. He no longer comes to my mother’s shop,” she said.

The President of Touch a Heart Foundation, Lawrence Bassey, who is currently handling the case, said the organisation felt obliged to take over the case when Olona’s mother reported the incident to it.

“The victim’s mother said her child was raped and presented a police report. We have taken her to the Mirabel Sexual Assault Referral Centre. After some tests, one of the doctors told the girl’s mother that she was actually raped and she has been given some treatment,” he said.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that the case was also reported at the Gowon Estate Police Division.

The investigating police officer in charge of the case has said that the police are still looking for a way to arrest the rape suspect.

But Bassey said the suspect has been seen on the road operating his tricycle numerous times without attempts by the police to arrest him.

“The police have just refused to do their job and make the arrest. He is well known in the area.

“Few days ago, the IPO told us he can’t go around looking for a rapist. He said we should go and look for the suspect ourselves. We have started the investigation on our own since the police said we should handle it ourselves.

“The suspect has yet to be found. We met with the chairman of the Keke operators in the area where Ajoje operates and he promised to get back to us. They took us to his mother, who also said that Ajoje is on the run and nobody has seen him. We have informed the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Person, Office of the Public Defender and the Public Advice Centre about this matter,” he said.

When our correspondent contacted the Divisional Police Officer of the station, Mr. Festus Otabor, a chief superintendent of police, he explained that the complainant had the right to ask for him, if the IPO refused to act on the case.

“On a case of such magnitude, they should have made attempt to see me. I cannot hear of such case and just let it go. I am happy that you are informing me about the issue. They need to come back and talk to me. It is a serious issue,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/tricycle-rider-gave-me-n200-after-raping-me-15-year-old-victim/

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 06, 2016
Wicked world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by OneManLegion(m): 5:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Eiyah. Judging from her narration, the girl's no hoe o.
But wait o, all these child rapists ehn, are they really so broke that they can't patronise a 500 naira brothel or is this some sort of exercise of their innate depravity?
I think it's the latter.
The guy's a sicko...they should lock him up and throw away the keys.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 06, 2016
cry. Sorry to say this but are the prostitues in Nigeria now that expensive?

Parents please dress your lityle girls more modestly. It's a strange world now.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 06, 2016
Sad
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 06, 2016
useless lazy ewudu guys only knw ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Flexherbal(m): 7:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Why is rape some common now a days
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Islie: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2016
“Few days ago, the IPO told us he can’t go around looking for a rapist. He said we should go and look for the suspect ourselves. We have started the investigation on our own since the police said we should handle it ourselves.

this is the kind of force that wants to police we the populace.....

lalasticlala ....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Wicked soul

All rapists should be castrated especially those who take advantage of the youthful exuberance of our kids.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmmmm.

1960-2000.
We seldom hear of rape cases!! Why?
Because children dress properly.. U hardly see their tiles or cleavage.

This days... The way children (14-17) dress, even a male he goat will get attention down below.

The bomb shot or wateva they wear will just expose everything down dia.

The short skirts they were just expose everything down there assuming they mistakenly forget to close their legs.

The sagged tops or short tops they wear just expose all the cleavages and give way for those little mango size pointed nipples to stare @ sons of men.

Mothers please dress your kids properly and kick some western practices to the dustbin.

Some men have extremely high libido and the devil himself is also @ work.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
angry what a wicked world

God help ur people ijn

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by WETCUNT: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2016
NA ONLY ONE REGION IN NIGERIA THIS KNID THING THEY ALWAYS HAPPEN...AND THEY CLAIM THEY ARE SAINTS.... RUSTED ROOF REGION

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Eboh4z: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Wickedness in High places

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by MrsOgbaje: 11:10am On Feb 06, 2016
Man is too unkind to his kind

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by espn(m): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Konji will make people behave like beast. His daughter will be raped too someday..if law of karma is true!

3 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by okooloyun1(m): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by onac16: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2016
the guy is a mad man. I guess the #200 is to clear his conscience. were

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by joseph1832(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Honestly, this rape of a thing is becoming a common occurrence in the society now.

One would wonder what is the cause of it, apart from having randy old bastards in the deprave society.
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Tundephish(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Nigeria police is disgracing us walahi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by youngprof8787: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2016
why do people rapecan't seem to come to any concrete reason,hence the question... pls help me out here
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by niggi4life(m): 11:12am On Feb 06, 2016
The guy should better be found and jailed for 30 years.

I still don't understand why people rape, its even worse when she's just a minor.

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Glossyclick(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2016
God forbid. Why guys no go leave young gals alone.

What a WORLD. cry cry cry
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by abdolleez(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2016
End time
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by phreakabit(m): 11:14am On Feb 06, 2016
These people and underage girls self.
Why so much pedophilic tendencies ?

Y0r. . . Men always be like

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3374085_240614f_arisekolaalao_jpeg9e8de13ea7969d92f3a779b7e1c52018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by sammyj: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2016
angry . Sorry bit this guy need to be found and locked up. However, my advise to guys that feels when a lady says I am feeling uncomfortable simply means initial gra gra as perceived by Boyz might have their day in court and prison for rape charge . Be warned! !! cool

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Justicealh3(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2016
That Cityself (lagos) undecidedundecidedundecided.
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by hertheytheydgee(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2016
OP you remind me of the case of Edwin Ezigbo v. The State (2012) 16 NWLR Pt 1326 where My Lord Justice Muhammed J.S.C had this to say;

“the facts revealed in this appeal are sordid and can lead to a conclusion that a man can turn into a barbaric animal. When the “criminal” was alleged to have committed the offence of rape, he was 32years. His two young victims: Ogechi Kelechi, 8 years old and Chioma, 6 years, were, by all standard underage. What did the appellant want to get out of these underage girls. Perhaps, the appellant forgot that by nature, children, generally, are like animals. They follow anyone who offers them food. That was why the appellant, tactfully, induced the young girls with ice cream and zobo drinks in order to translate his hidden criminal intention to reality, damning the consequences. Honestly, for an adult man like the appellant to have carnal knowledge of underage girls such as the appellant’s victims is very callous and animalistic. It is against the laws of all human beings and it is against God and the State.

Such small girls and indeed all females of whatever age need to be protected against callous acts of criminally likeminded people of the appellant’s class. I wish the punishment was heavy so as to serve as deterrent”. So Sad sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2016
The officers who said they can't go after a rapist, may your wives and daughters be raped.
When that animal is caught, just shoot him.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by mrajims(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2016
hmm! what a wicked world. raping an under age girl. smh
Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by khalhokage(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2016
dovelike:
cry. Sorry to say this but are the prostitues in Nigeria now that expensive?

Parents please dress your lityle girls properly. It's a arrange world now.

How do you know wasn't dressed "properly"?
And even if she wasn't does that make it ok for the beast to rape her?

11 Likes

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by clefstone(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2016
May God help us men to overcome our ungodly desires. Anyone can be a victim as well as a rapist

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2016
modestbrowser:
Hmmmmm.

1960-2000.
We seldom hear of rape cases!! Why?
Because children dress properly.. U hardly see their tiles or cleavage.

This days... The way children (14-17) dress, even a male he goat will get attention down below.

The bomb shot or wateva they wear will just expose everything down dia.

The short skirts they were just expose everything down there assuming they mistakenly forget to close their legs.

The sagged tops or short tops they wear just expose all the cleavages and give way for those little mango size pointed nipples to stare @ sons of men.

Mothers please dress your kids properly and kick some western practices to the dustbin.

Some men have extremely high libido and the devil himself is also @ work.

From 20AD to 1900 women were walking around butt naked both young and old and rape cases were never this high.

stop passing the blame to the victim you are beginning to sound like a suspect.

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra: 6 boys Gang Rape 19-year-old Girl, Record & Upload It Online / 2 Boys Caught With 10 Female Undies In Delta(photos) / Nigerian Prostitute Based In Europe Begs Her Madam To Let Her Go. Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.