Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) (26349 Views)

Ghanaian Students Attack Teachers For Not Allowing Them Cheat In WASSCE / Fetish Items Found In Front Of MAPOLY School Gate As Lecturers Protest. Photos / Dangote Truck And Properties Burnt As Kogi-poly Stage Protest - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by G1gbolahan: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2016
And who said it wasn't disseminated? It is a laudable idea to save funds by not wasting them on students who are not ready to learn. And what do you mean by Ogbeni rascal? I know for certain that hoodlums exist in schools in every state so why should the case of Osun be dat to Ogbeni? Is he the one teaching them or what exactly?
phemmie06:
Secondary school students or hoodlums. Osun has been breeding hoodlums as students. Little wonder people call Ogbeni Aregberascal. Though the students should be dealt with but why won't the governor pay their WAEC exam fee. Such information should have been disseminated before now.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 8:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Serves aregbesola right, these are same people that trooped out, under rain, sun to vote for him, blood sucking vampire. Aregbesola, tell me, how many genuine rich/business people voted for you Aregbesola? None, becos they know you as a politician, you are not credible humanbeing and you have nothing up your brain aside robbery. Aregbesola, tell buhari/apc to refund to you tax payers money in- care of osun state which you gave for election campaigns so as to meet the dividends of democracy you promised the poor masses of osun state. It is when the poor masses learn to respect themselves to sit at home on election days, it is then, only then politicians will respect the masses. Already, these people are living in dire poverty created by you to make them suffer. Rather than put measures in place to alleviate their poor state, No, you creating more so they can die, meanwhile you are stealing state treasury dry. Is aregbesola feeding you, is he? NO. May God punish you and your entire household if you dire ask for the molestations of those children and their parents.

2 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Firefire:
angry

This is a barbaric act, the students must be severely dealt with.

Eru iranu wo le le yi ? angry

If the government decides to scale down the payment of WASSCE fees with the introduction of some restriction on you having a minimum of 4 credits, what stopped you from facing your studies to have the minimum requirement?

I condemn this attitude in highest term.

Aregbesola, you must not only punish the pupils, their parents must pay for this destruction. Nonsensical nonsense. angry
wen u are making d announcement few days to end of wassce registration and when u havent paid their parents for months...

2 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Bash92(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2016
In as much I agree that they should be punished, how will they Identify the culprits, the school they are from. In a situation all the students in the state where the same uniform.
I believe the problem started when the stubborn governor merge some school together, Even the teachers are now afraid of the students, in a particular school around osogbo not osogbo the teachers have to go to the palace to tell the king of the town only one student pass the mock exam, for fear of being attacked.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by stevesteve07: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2016
It's 2016, what can you buy with 1k?

3litres of fuel?
Airtime?
One day lunch?
A cheap bottle of wine?
Pedicure or Manicure?
250mb Data? .E.t.c .....just for one time use or consumption right?

What if I told you 1k can get you, 200k in two weeks and 2m in 4weeks....am talking about facts and figures.

Decide for yourself to waste or Use your 1k.
if u re interested just reply with the word inside the bracket below
(Ask me how?)
to my whatsapp no 08035237748
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by G1gbolahan: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Go to Osun and ask. A lot more is happening in Osun than in states that are even getting more money, like Ekiti. And it is not a stupid policy. It is a policy to stop leakages. Government will sponsor those children, they will fail and return home. Only difference is government will have lost all those funds. Let us think carefully to see the sense in some policies
shizzy7:
Those students sat at home for about 4months last year due to striking teachers...

They were on t.v protesting non-seriousness of the teachers after the strike was called off...

Now the government is bringing out this stupid policy..
What is aregbesola using the state money to do? Nothing is happening in that state..

This is what you get when you toil with the lives of teenagers that might eventually become hoodlums.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by tico1212(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
pheyikemi:
Not their fault on the yoruba part tho, there was a time one of their elder statesman, came on one of their radio stations to talk on reasons why yoruba should be the main language used in teaching all subjects in Osun, pple actually called in to support that stupid idea. I just shook my head and pity those children. Education is a joke in osun state
You forgot to mention ifa as a subject being added to their school curriculum. Sote na haberlist, native doctors and ifa priest go full the state..... ogboni dem
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Feshizzy(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Bash92:
The reason was that the state government didn't announced they fail until the application for waec close.

Just as the whites, didn't allow slaves to read and write, for them not to earn freedom is the same way out government is trying very hard not to educate masses, for them to continue enslave us.
From your post, I am in complete support of what those kids did. They stood for their rights,
We should emulate from them without sentiments. If only we could challenge authorities when they act selfishly, this country would be better habitable.

Regards,
EF
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by RichYoungNigga: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2016
ezebunafo:
turn to your neighbour and say neighbour!!!have you thank God today for kicking out Jonathan

Yes.
I thank God everyday for kicking out Jonathan.

He's chilling while the oil price is going down drastically, he's chilling now while $1 is now 310 naira.
He's chilling while you can't send money to someone living abroad.
He's chilling while you pay 50 naira for every 100 transferred to your bank account.

Thank God for kicking out Jonathan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by wiseoneking: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2016
OluwaFifehanmi:
IMO am nt in support of violent protest bt if u hear d other side of d story d student were right. The student failed all because dia was a 4month old strike last yr.Wen dey call off d strike d student were nt taught properly all because dey are collecting half salary.The teachers even confessed to d parent wen dey called P.T.A. Meeting.Whose fault is dis?WASSCE is nw close and d governor jst realised dat some of d student failed.You said dey failed ur exam u shuld av told dem earliar dis yr so to knw hw dey will pay 4 d exam b4 it closed.d governor nw said dey shuld bring #14,500 on Monday to register Habaaa.....On d part of d radio station dey went dia to air dia protest to d ppl and Aregbe bt instead dey held 3 of d student hostage and called police station wen oda student outside d premise heard dis,dey started throwing stones and destroy property.
I pity you and your write up. Thats why Osun state and other western states are competing with core northern states. You are wrong. Let them go and read their books and the govt should consider brining it to 7 credits with Eng/math. What a poor state. Last yr WAEC the state came 29th.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by G1gbolahan: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2016
You sound bitter. It is impressive you have the data of those who voted for Aregbe and those who did not, you should share it with us. And meanwhile, I think those who perpetrated these crimes and you that is supporting such crimes, by students who failed to make 4 credits in mock, should all rot in jail.
CioAngels:
Serves aregbesola right, these are same people that trooped out, under rain, sun to vote for him, blood sucking vampire. Aregbesola, tell me, how many genuine rich/business people voted for you Aregbesola? None, becos they know you as a politician, you are not credible humanbeing and you have nothing up your brain aside robbery. Aregbesola, tell buhari/apc to refund to you tax payers money in- care of osun state which you gave for election campaigns so as to meet the dividends of democracy you promised the poor masses of osun state. It is when the poor masses learn to respect themselves to sit at home on election days, it is then, only then politicians will respect the masses. Already, these people are living in dire poverty created by you to make them suffer. Rather than put measures in place to alleviate their poor state, No, you creating more so they can die, meanwhile you are stealing state treasury dry. Is aregbesola feeding you, is he? NO. May God punish you and your entire household if you dire ask for the molestations of those children and their parents.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Bash92(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2016
G1gbolahan:
And who said it wasn't disseminated? It is a laudable idea to save funds by not wasting them on students who are not ready to learn. And what do you mean by Ogbeni rascal? I know for certain that hoodlums exist in schools in every state so why should the case of Osun be dat to Ogbeni? Is he the one teaching them or what exactly?
He should not have merge the school, do you know the numbers of secondary school that have been shut down because of violence? How do you expect 10 permanent teachers with a few Corp member to manage and control over 5000 students consisting of school A, B, C and D

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by UrbanMystique: 8:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Firefire:
angry

If the government decides to scale down the payment of WASSCE fees with the introduction of some restriction on you having a minimum of 4 credits, what stopped you from facing your studies to have the minimum requirement?

Aregbesola, you must not only punish the pupils, their parents must pay for this destruction. Nonsensical nonsense. angry
exactly. If they didn't do that, they would feel its okay to destroy properties or attack people whenever they are aggrieved about something .. In fact, aregbe should not pay waec fees again and all students involved punished and their parents sent to jail.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by reyscrub(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2016
raker300:
Osun state is governed by a demon

Why won't osun state pay corpers? My friend did his whole nysc dere and got paid for only 2 months.

Why hasn't efcc arrested this man for stealing the corper's money?

They said he hasn't paid his staff but they're not complaining..these corpers are foreigners, they came from far places to work for osun people

Obiano said "I don't think I can sleep knowing I have not paid my people's salary...knowing they're starving because of me"

Why do some people still praise this man?

James 5:4
New International Version:
"Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty"

Deu 24:15
New International Version:
"Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin"

While quoting from new international version bible, plis when quoting in public kindly use KJV bible.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Holyman3(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2016
When is eldulard sending soldiers over there?
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by braavoo(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2016
That aregbe rascal is a wicked nigga,if you are nt in osun,you can't understand what's hapnin..if those pupuil fail the exam why didn't u tell them sinc,u now telling them on thursday to pay 14500 b4 monday,how possible is that when the state is already in mess...and they wanted to talk to nigerians on radio to help them but orisun f.m workers take 3 of them inside and call police...so what do you expect....how can 14 pupils pass qualifier in d whole ife....if u not gonna pay 4 waec let them know since november not now.....thanks

2 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by danidee10(m): 8:47am On Feb 06, 2016
CastedDude:
Osun state in trouble, everything is just not okay there -starting with the governor

Just say aregbesola is a fool instead of twisting mouth
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by elderdt: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2016
Firefire:
angry

As much as I condemn the youthful exurberance displayed, I am sure ones disposition will change if one is indeed in terms with what is happening in the state. Government should be more realistic with the program they preach. How would you promise paying for WASSEC and pick just ONE student in a whole school in the name of scaling down students. Only 14 students in Ile-Ife. Where's fairness in this and everyday we read of their free education in dailies. Pay if you want to pay don't turn parents to fools.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by jogsman01(m): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Firefire:
angry

u Can condemn d act but the OP forgot to tell you that the students were informed late about the govt not paying for their wassce in which the form is closing next week. the students got angry because the workers salaries has not been paid and where will they get money @ dis late hour to pay for their form. I blame the govt for the late information and I also condemn the violent act of the students.......

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Hardaysheenar(m): 8:50am On Feb 06, 2016
Hhhmmm...well,m nt in support f violence BUT Aregbesola caused ds...he really made a vry big mistake by merging d state sec.skuls...if he had nt merge d skuls and asked dem 2 wear d same uniform...the skul of ds students wud av bin knwn easily...
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Zellie: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Lazy idiots can't read to have 4 credits. Only four

They should be severely punished if caught angry

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Firefire(m): 9:00am On Feb 06, 2016
princeminary2020:

wen u are making d announcement few days to end of wassce registration and when u havent paid their parents for months...

jogsman01:
u Can condemn d act but the OP forgot to tell you that the students were informed late about the govt not paying for their wassce in which the form is closing next week. the students got angry because the workers salaries has not been paid and where will they get money @ dis late hour to pay for their form. I blame the govt for the late information and I also condemn the violent act of the students.......

elderdt:

As much as I condemn the youthful exurberance displayed, I am sure ones disposition will change if one is indeed in terms with what is happening in the state. Government should be more realistic with the program they preach. How would you promise paying for WASSEC and pick just ONE student in a whole school in the name of scaling down students. Only 14 students in Ile-Ife. Where's fairness in this and everyday we read of their free education in dailies. Pay if you want to pay don't turn parents to fools.

I am one of the 'high critics' of Rauf Aregbesola, I will however not allow my sentiment to interfere with my reasoning.

Irrespective of what might have happened, the students have no moral right to destroy government property or any other property for that matter. angry

We must all condemn this evil act before it degenerates into monsters.

"Ati kerekere lo ye ki ati ge eka iroko, to ba dagba tan, ebo ni yio ma gba"

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by GlitzG: 9:03am On Feb 06, 2016
If secondary school pupils could do this shocked shocked. What will they do when they enta uni and are pulling Aluta
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by MrImole: 9:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Firefire:
angry

Common

You have not even heard the other side of the story?

Do you have to wait till 24hours before the closure of the registration before you tell them you won't be responsible for their exam fees?
Who will arrest you if you tell them your government doesn't have money?
(...just 7students in the whole state)
Four credits my foot.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by oppyworld: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Arant nonsense.... Arungun lawon omo yi fa
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by phemmie06(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2016
G1gbolahan:
I am a yoruba man and Aregbesola who is Aregberascal was one of my favorite, but in terms of strike what made him better than Oyinlola?
I believe that whatsoever goes round will surely comes back. When Oyin was a governor there was a protest then which students were asked to pay some amount of money Aregbesola told Oyinlola to let him pay which was declined, so I am waiting for the sanction he will dish out.
Though he's not the one teaching them but let assume osun state produce the best student of the year who will the kudos goes to at large?

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by OluwaFifehanmi: 9:31am On Feb 06, 2016
Poor Academic performance of secondary skul students,who shuld take d blame?i fink d government has major role to play.Though some of d student are nt ready to learn bt nt all of dem.Aregbe shuld take most of d blame for merging skuls,introduction of tablets instead of well equiped library,teachers strike action,inadequate teaching staff especially for some core subjects and so on.....
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by armadeo(m): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2016
mitchyy:

Thanks for sharing the other side of the story. Its actually enough to get the student angry and upset. That was very inconsiderate. I can imagine some that will miss gaining admission into the university this year because of this terrible decision
But violence is never the answer, especially looking at how young they are. What happens if later in life their university upsets them? They will burn houses?

The decision is logical. If you can't pass mock why waste gov't money waste your own. last I heard the 5credits is required he scaled it down to 4 and yet they are rioting.

They should all be made to pay for the damages then the real culprits names would leak out

On the admission thing how do you gain admission if you can't get 5credits to start with.

Modified....

Reading on I just noted that the govt informed the students late concerning th a payment of the fees. Now that is very wrong. If prior to this exam gov't has always paid then they should have been informed at the start of the school calendar on this change.

It is unfair to just ask someone to make payments that he hasn't prepared for. Imo aregbe did something very wrong but that doesn't justify the damages to gov't property. What should be done now is to make penalties the school involved in the destruction as well as postpone this decision till next year, informing the incoming class of the rule.

That being said if only 14 children could make 4 credits in a mock exam what are they going to do in waec?
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by UlqU3(m): 9:39am On Feb 06, 2016
OluwaFifehanmi:
IMO am nt in support of violent protest bt if u hear d other side of d story d student were right. The student failed all because dia was a 4month old strike last yr.Wen dey call off d strike d student were nt taught properly all because dey are collecting half salary.The teachers even confessed to d parent wen dey called P.T.A. Meeting.Whose fault is dis?WASSCE is nw close and d governor jst realised dat some of d student failed.You said dey failed ur exam u shuld av told dem earliar dis yr so to knw hw dey will pay 4 d exam b4 it closed.d governor nw said dey shuld bring #14,500 on Monday to register Habaaa.....On d part of d radio station dey went dia to air dia protest to d ppl and Aregbe bt instead dey held 3 of d student hostage and called police station wen oda student outside d premise heard dis,dey started throwing stones and destroy property.

Arrant nonsense, no offense

I served in osun state. Strike or no strike those students don't want to read. In a class of 50 you will find only 3 serious students.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by tafrica(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2016
exthar87:
That is not an excuse

Osun state students are lazy and lack the zeal to learn

A state where English language is taught in yoruba Where the students are addressed in yoruba

I don't know how true this claim of yours is, but in any case, there was a time Aregbe advocated that all subjects would be taken in yoruba to promote yoruba culture. So blame Aregbe for that.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by olajizz01(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Is it mandatory for govt to pay all students SSCE exam fees,what is the responsibility of their parents or are they cripples,the good news is that handful of these miscreants called students had been arrested and govt vowed to prosecutes them.
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by hotspec(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2016
d two parties are to be blamed. While i detest what d students did, d state govt is supposed to be sensitive enough to tackle this kind of public embarrassment. Never in d history of osun have students riots or protests been recorded as high as d tenure of d ogbeni governor; and each protest/ riot were as results of unfavourable, education-killing, future-destroying govt policies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ssanu FUNAAB Celebrates VC's Birthday With Bread And Coke (Photos) / OAU Students Seen Sleeping On The Ground / My Teaching Experience As A Corper/pyschologist In A Public And Private School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.