Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson (1112 Views)

Tomato Seller Claims N250m Balogun Market ‘loot’ / List Of Ex-militants Gov Wike Gave Power - Hygist / Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by viviangist2: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2016
Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson, yesterday, said he stopped the monthly payment of N250 million to militants on assumption of office to challenge the beneficiaries to work and earn a decent living and create equal opportunities for natives of the state to benefit from its resources.

He added that he had created an enabling environment for all to excel and achieve their set goals and would continue to explore ways and means of catering for the majority of the people.Speaking with journalists in Abuja, Dickson said he had to put an end to the illicit practice because he knew that it could not be sustained and that the beneficiaries were not entitled to such largesse.

According to him, the insecurity that was once the hallmark of the state was due largely to inadequate investment in human capital by past administrations, which bred “a teeming youth population without adequate education to earn a living in an economy requiring skills and knowledge.”

He added that some people who engaged in kidnapping were doing so purely out of criminality and that his administration had decided to be firm in its decision to stamp out all forms of criminality in the state.

The governor said it was in a determined bid to stamp out criminality and give hope to the people that his administration had decided to pay unprecedented attention to education and agriculture as a means of preparing the state for the post-oil era.

He said that his administration had commenced a massive investment in education with the award of various categories of scholarships from secondary school to doctorate level, revealing that the state had so far expended over N3.1 billion on the scheme.

No fewer than 789 indigenes of the state studying in 20 countries around the globe have benefitted from the programme with an unprecedented 137 PhD scholars pursuing their dreams in various universities in and outside Nigeria.

Report By http://www.viviangist.com/why-i-stopped-n250m-monthly-pay-to-ex-militants-gov-dickson

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by viviangist2: 8:36am On Feb 06, 2016
K
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 06, 2016
Lies from pit of yenegoa

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by madridguy(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Good move.
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Pavore9: 8:50am On Feb 06, 2016
lt is the right way to go. Those ex-militants should acquire skills and knowledge in order to contribute to the growth of the state.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Young03(m): 8:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Clap 4 ur self
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by demielvis: 8:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Give unto millitant what belongs to millitant...

Cuz when they start again i'll be like

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 06, 2016
undecided Thank God he stopped it... I can't still imagine ex-militants been paid dat kinda amount sef!!!!

How much is even pensioners esp. Retired teachers ' pension embarassed.

Lemme goan join the military cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by StOla: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2016
Same way Buhari intends to stop it from the FG side.

No food for lazy man, and no inflated contracts for militant warlords.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Sibrah: 9:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Politicians always showing true colour after winning election.
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by otokx(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2016
StOla:
Same way Buhari intends to stop it from the FG side.

No food for lazy man, and no inflated contracts for militant warlords.

If Buhari stops it, they will start complaining and calling him names.
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Flexherbal(m): 9:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Hope it is not because they did not vote for you?
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 06, 2016
otokx:

If Buhari stops it, they will start complaining and calling him names.
Wat does that tell you about Nigeria?? If it was GEJ dat attacked the shites, wat would ve d North done?.. be sincere??
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2016
demielvis:
Give unto millitant what belongs to millitant...

Cuz when they start again i'll be like

You're a slow thinker. The militants are overfed & overrated parasites whose primary motive was to use agitation as a tool for the pursuit of their selfish interests.

If they're not scared of death, let them return to their creeks & invite all kinds of hellfire missiles, artillery shells & rockets that will destroy their god-forsaken abode & take them 20years backward.

They had better be contented with the reasonable booties they have managed to loot under the 6years clueless reign of Ebele Jonathan or risk losing all & going back to square 0 - it's their choice!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by demielvis: 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Zoharariel:

You're a slow thinker. The militants are overfed & overrated parasites whose primary motive was to use agitation as a tool for the pursuit of their selfish interests.

If they're not scared of death, let them return to their creeks & invite all kinds of hellfire missiles, artillery shells & rockets that will destroy their god-forsaken abode & take them 20years backward.

They had better be contented with the reasonable booties they have managed to loot under the 6years clueless reign of Ebele Jonathan or risk losing all & going back to square 0 - it's their choice!
You depend on that same 'god-forsaken abode' for everything and you still got guts to type...

Destroy their god forsaken abode and let's see how you'll survive.It's not gonna hurt the inhabitants b'cos they benefit nothing from it.

Give unto millitants what belongs to millitants.
Re: Why I Stopped N250m Monthly Pay To Ex-militants - Gov Dickson by viviangist2: 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Dalapo Osibanjo's Visit To Agatu.....yet Another Own Goal From Our APC Leaders / Dangote, Mr & Mrs Oshiomhole & Others At The Okpella Cement Flag-Off In Edo.PICS / The National Grazing Reserve Bill: The Greatest Evil Of All - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.