Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 (36742 Views)

Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. / And Here Is How To Get 1.5gb For 500 On Your Airtel Sim! / Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by gly2ken: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Banks need to fortify the cash transfer done through sms and short codes. In some banks it's just to simple. CBN should step in and instruct to fortify or stop such transfers

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Glossyclick(m): 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nawa ooo. Right from time AIRTEL no be trusted network. Very vulnerable network. Even their data plan is shit, call rate also shit.

There network system is full of fake id's n fake workers. Crooks useless NETWORK with DUMB workerS.

angry angry grin cheesy
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Toscoas2(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
I doubt d authenticity off Ds story, how could they get ur Atm pin? or how could they went to bank to withdraw ur money without ur mandate?. that d fraudsters were able to access ur email, doesn't mean they could access ur bank details, except u save ur ATM PIN inside ur email. so more explanation on that.

4 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Egie4real: 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
My name is Adetoke Oluwo. I feel it is necessary I share my story so as to shed light to the way fraudsters dupe unsuspecting Nigerians and also to expose the shady AIRTEL STAFF who aided them.

My purse with other documents and ID cards were stolen last year April and as usual, I got an affidavit for it.
This year January, I got a call from Airtel Ibadan concerning a sim swap I wanted to do in Ibadan (I work and live in Lagos). I immediately informed them that it's fraud when
they told me the person brought one of the id cards that was stolen.
I immediately went to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to report and told them to flag and fortify security on my sim as my Airtel line is connected to all my Bank accounts. I even asked how it was possible for anybody to walk in and almost swapped my sim without any form of security . The staff said they will do something about it.
On Thursday night, 4th of February, I noticed my network was down and I waited till Friday to go report and they told me to wait for hours. THEY DID NOT TELL ME MY SIM HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SWAPPED BY FRAUDSTERS, The Staff tried to hide it and told me to fill a form of sim replacement. I did not know at that point that my money was being moved as I sat there!!!
I left the Office and discovered on my other phone that 400 THOUSAND NAIRA HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM MY GTB ACCOUNT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY WITH THAT NUMBER ALL THE WHILE MY SIM WAS DOWN FROM THURSDAY NIGHT TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
My email address must have been seen in one of the documents stolen,and the number is where Yahoo would send my recovery password to. All it took them was to SWAP MY SIM and click on forget password to access my email that had my Bank details saved.
It was when I went back to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to shout that the Staff told me my Sim had been Swapped. Before they lied that it was damaged and told me to fill a form for REPLACEMENT! !!

I requested for the Staff who swapped my sim for this FRAUDSTERS and they refused to say anything. They even harassed me and sent me out of their store for causing nuisance.

This money is meant to be part of the Course I saved a Year for to go study in London, I was maltreated and duped and an AIRTEL STAFF AIDED THE FRAUDSTERS. EVEN AFTER I COMPLAINED SINCE JANUARY FOR MY SIM TO BE FORTIFIED!!

BECAUSE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME TO SUCCESSFULLY SWAP MY LINE WHEN THEY HAD MY PICTURE RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM!!!

PLEASE SHARE SO I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK, SO JUSTICE CAN BE DONE, SO OTHER NIGERIANS TOO CAN LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND PROTECT THEMSELVES. PLEASE SHARE.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/scam-alert-lady-cries-out-after.html
These Telecom operators staff have some fraudulent staff working for them. I remember how I needed a desk phone for home use and MTN staff started transferring me from one staff to another when I called their customer care line. One eventually told me it was possible but he had to come to check my home if there was network coverage and that it will cost me more 250k! I eventually got everything done with less than 8k!

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by olamonsor2: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Visit brekete family at abuja, they are fast and de will help you asap

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Egie4real: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
Toscoas2:
I doubt d authenticity off Ds story, how could they get ur Atm pin? or how could they went to bank to withdraw ur money without ur mandate?. that d fraudsters were able to access ur email, doesn't mean they could access ur bank details, except u save ur ATM PIN inside ur email. so more explanation on that.
She said through mobile money account.

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Och77(m): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
You can still track the thieves. After all, the money wasn't withdrawn via ATM, it was transferred to another bank account which most likely has a BVN attached to it. Go to EFCC and your bank.

10 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by danie09(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
They withdrew 400k from your account via mobile money? What is mobile money? The only mobile transfer I know is possible from your story is the gtbank SMS transfer ,and even with that the fraudsters will ultimately need the last 4 digits of your ATM card to successfully use it. And the SMS transfer has a limit 50k and 20k to gtbank and other bank accounts respectively.
So its either the story is false or not well constructed.
Cos certainly your funds would have been transferred to a bank account which is linked to a bvn and getting such person's bio data won't be so difficult for the police and the bank.

8 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Billygee2u: 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
My name is Adetoke Oluwo. I feel it is necessary I share my story so as to shed light to the way fraudsters dupe unsuspecting Nigerians and also to expose the shady AIRTEL STAFF who aided them.

My purse with other documents and ID cards were stolen last year April and as usual, I got an affidavit for it.
This year January, I got a call from Airtel Ibadan concerning a sim swap I wanted to do in Ibadan (I work and live in Lagos). I immediately informed them that it's fraud when
if you are with all the evidence as you you have stated,sue the scam and useless Airtel to court
I immediately went to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to report and told them to flag and fortify security on my sim as my Airtel line is connected to all my Bank accounts. I even asked how it was possible for anybody to walk in and almost swapped my sim without any form of security . The staff said they will do something about it.
On Thursday night, 4th of February, I noticed my network was down and I waited till Friday to go report and they told me to wait for hours. THEY DID NOT TELL ME MY SIM HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SWAPPED BY FRAUDSTERS, The Staff tried to hide it and told me to fill a form of sim replacement. I did not know at that point that my money was being moved as I sat there!!!
I left the Office and discovered on my other phone that 400 THOUSAND NAIRA HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM MY GTB ACCOUNT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY WITH THAT NUMBER ALL THE WHILE MY SIM WAS DOWN FROM THURSDAY NIGHT TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
My email address must have been seen in one of the documents stolen,and the number is where Yahoo would send my recovery password to. All it took them was to SWAP MY SIM and click on forget password to access my email that had my Bank details saved.
It was when I went back to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to shout that the Staff told me my Sim had been Swapped. Before they lied that it was damaged and told me to fill a form for REPLACEMENT! !!

I requested for the Staff who swapped my sim for this FRAUDSTERS and they refused to say anything. They even harassed me and sent me out of their store for causing nuisance.

This money is meant to be part of the Course I saved a Year for to go study in London, I was maltreated and duped and an AIRTEL STAFF AIDED THE FRAUDSTERS. EVEN AFTER I COMPLAINED SINCE JANUARY FOR MY SIM TO BE FORTIFIED!!

BECAUSE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME TO SUCCESSFULLY SWAP MY LINE WHEN THEY HAD MY PICTURE RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM!!!

PLEASE SHARE SO I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK, SO JUSTICE CAN BE DONE, SO OTHER NIGERIANS TOO CAN LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND PROTECT THEMSELVES. PLEASE SHARE.

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by litetias(m): 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Electronic banking is very prone to fraud
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by kefedmayor: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
I find it hard to believe your story.How come you misplaced your pause and your I.D wen you know your ATM card is inside and you couldn't go to your bank. You cant fool everybody at all timx.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by lovely17(m): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Was just thinking randomly one day and I thought of this all our details are linked to our Email and Email linked to our phone number which can be swapped in this that's a gaping hole someone just took advantage of it thank God say i no be scammer
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by ayo0147(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Contact ur laywer
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by litetias(m): 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
danie09:
They withdrew 400k from your account via mobile money? What is mobile money? The only mobile transfer I know is possible from your story is the gtbank SMS transfer ,and even with that the fraudsters will ultimately need the last 4 digits of your ATM card to successfully use it. And the SMS transfer has a limit 50k and 20k to gtbank and other bank accounts respectively.
Cos certainly your funds would have been transferred to a bank account which is linked to a bvn and getting such person's bio data won't be so difficult for the police and the bank.
Many banks have mobile money systems and its different from normal bank aƧcounts.
It's been around for years now and I am surprised you're ignorant of it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by crackhouse(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
I don't think thats a big problem. just go to GTB and complain so they can trace the recipient's account details and probably arrest the bargger.

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by doskie(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
udmbat:
[size=20pt]You're a very fine girl oooo. Try to contact me so I can help you. Okay [/size]
may your wife and daughter have this experience and may somebody help them the way you want to help this lady.

mind you sir; im a 40years old virginn. so if I pray for you it must follow you. Amen?!
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by highmood(m): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Apart from those questions for Airtel to answer, I think the lady should go to the bank and trace the account in which the money was transferred into. Technology, Technology, its good but have its shortcomings. Many people will lose so much money from this mobile money thing.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by 2n2k(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
danie09:

End of the bogus case. She needs to reconstruct her case to make any meaning to the enlightened. Dis current one na wash.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
doskie:
may your wife and daughter have this experience and may somebody help them the way you want to help this lady.

mind you sir; im a 40years old virginn. so if I pray for you it must follow you. Amen?!
[size=20pt]40 year old virgin my foot. You're the biggest liar of 2016.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by amtaken(f): 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lodge a formal complaint to EFCC immediately.

That's obtaining by false pretence.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by profmallory(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is exactly the main reason why my main bank account is not linked to any online banking, Mobile money or even at ATM card. When I need money I carry my legs to the counter and cash out. Nigeria is a whacked country and anything can happen, including the narrated.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by 9jatatafo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Young woman proceed to EFCC and NCC and file your complain. Scam alert!!!'

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by DonBobes(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Brandnew2:
Observing!

Meanwhile, tell Lalasticlala breakfast is ready and served.

grin
Walai him food don ready!
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by feelme3(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Two options that MIGHT work to apprehend the scammers.

1. Go to your bank and make a complaint. If the money was transferred via the mobile transfer to another account, then your bank can help trace it to the owner of the account.

2. If withdrawn from ATM, the banks also have backup video records on each machine and can easily tell you the location the money was withdrawn from and possibly circulate the photo of the thieves.

Only problem I have with Naija banks is that they have the laziest bunch of olodo.s working as staff and will keep drag-footing forever. Its such a sad experience and I sympathize with you.

Or you can go get some form of notice from EFFC....

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by rollUP(m): 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
I don't bliv dis ur story lemme tell u why.

Even if ur Sim was really swapped by the fraudsters, there is no way on earth they can transfer ur money wit Gtbank mobile transfer.

Firstly Gtbank mobile transfer has mad security in d sense that when u want to log in u need ur Internet ID which is 11 digits long and a pasword. To make a transfer after logging in another password is also needed different from ur log in password. After dis password u will be asked a security qstn which only u is meant to know after dis u will have to press ur token to get a code.

And like u said it was a purse u misplaced not a phone. So unless u are a dumb foolish person who wrote all ur password and security qstn in a paper and put it in ur purse. Then dis is a big lie. Cos Gtbank can NEVER make transfer without ur token.

I use Gtbank Internet transfer so I know d mad security they have b4 transfer can be made

4 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by mencer(m): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Report to EFCC
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by emzila(m): 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
FlirtyKaren:

report to any EFCC office around you. no harm in trying.
the company should be hold responsible for that. you made complain at the appropriate time their carelessness cost you your hard earned money.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by dFroshie(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Airtel sim swap or replacement is simple to do as far the details you use to register the sim which is obviously on your id card the sim can be replace even if you don't walk into any Airtel shop but what baffle me is how did the so called thief get to know the frequently dial numbers on the line because if one of the numbers out of four is not correct you won't be able to do a replacement.
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by TeddyPendergrass(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
FlirtyKaren:

let me explain something to you baby. you just caught a body. as in you just hit a lick. and it's licking.

get a lawyer and take airtel to court.

first of all they will make you miss your course in England, am guessing you're going in September. they caused you emotional stress and distraught.

their negligence and incompetence lead to this. Like I said speak to to lawyer they know better. Am just a guy on NL
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by fm7070: 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
get a good lawyer to assist you in pursuing this case
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Ifytobe: 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
If I am to go by what u posted in ur story.
U use a gtb bank so it's very possible that since that ur phone number is d one on ur account
It is very possible that d fraud stars used *737 service of the bank to transfer ur money
Go to GTbank to complain or call Gtconnect
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by iykekelvins(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerians and scam..
I'm sure u can recover ur money back if u re lucky..Call NCC, Goto airtel head office, Even ur bank..Try everything u can.. 400k no be beans o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

I Showered With The Galaxy S7, Made It Pass Through Other Water Mishaps / Tecno Camon CX: My Unboxing Experience In Pictures / Download Fifa 2020 Ppsspp Iso For Andriod (new)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.