Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS (23590 Views)

PHOTOS: Jay Jay Okocha At Lagos Marathon / This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) / Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dat Kenya guy tho. He is too slim.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by olaolulazio(m): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
JOOHEL:
Kenya my foot!.
See the guy thin!.
He has $50000 now, how much do u have presently?
Idiooooot!

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by musocious: 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
The girl in Hijab look so decent and beautiful. I wish i was there just to look into her eyes. She too fine... kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Evidence1000(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Abeg what did Gbenga Adeyinka go there to do with his breast that is like the size of Dija's own??

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
The kenyan dude though..he look's like he hasn't eaten for weeks.....gat my eye's on dat gal in hijab..she's damn pretty....and op.dat ya smile. wink me likeyy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Ramanto(m): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kenyans, Jamaicans are born to run

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Holuwakemmy16(f): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Just like this kenya man,he can run like mad,chai.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Panzerfaust(m): 7:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:
Kenya's ABRAHAM KIPTON with tag number 341 emerged victorious today at the LAGOS City Marathon Race and will be taking home the coveted $50,000 prize money.

Here's photos of KIPTON, myself and members of FoodClique Support Initiative as He pledged to help conquer hunger across Africa. #ZeroHunger

Nice shots. These are the threads we need on NL. Not the usual celeb trash.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by demosoft: 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
kudos

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by lilbarracuda(m): 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
Damn!
When is the next race ?
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by freshvine(f): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Op, you're looking healthier than the lanky winner from Kenya. Why didn't you enter the contest, win the money and feed the hungry with it. It should've saved you a lot of energy convincing the participants to key into your pet project
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by HomeOfMe(f): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Governor Ambode and gbenga adeyinka should have participated in the marathon..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
The kenyan that won the lagosMarathon is not even on the list of top 100 marathon runners in kenya. I know why no nigerian won the marathon, look at the pics of the top nigerian, he looks like he went to the gym...... if you want to win a marathon or any long distance, the only muscles you should have should be as a result of running. You should not add any weight by lifting stuff in the gym........ elite kenyan runners run around different marathons around the world.... by end of year, some make $500, 000 others make $1million dollars a year and some add that with a jackpot of half a mill.... but they still remain as thin as possible, not by depriving themselfs of food but by burning all calories and makin sure they have thin but strong muscles

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by valnelly(m): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
JOOHEL:
Kenya my foot!.
See as the guy thin!.

Where re all those dudes that trekked from Lagos to
Abuja becos Buhari win election!.

Why dem no win?.

APC SCAM/PROPAGANDA

It's no scam dude.. I participated, got my medal and certificate... I saw kipton when he was getting ready for the race at the starting point.
Ramanto:
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by JDhotral4: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Love dat

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by valnelly(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
denisfidha:
The kenyan that won the lagosMarathon is not even on the list of top 100 marathon runners in kenya. I know why no nigerian won the marathon, look at the pics of the top nigerian, he looks like he went to the gym...... if you want to win a marathon or any long distance, the only muscles you should have should be as a result of running. You should not add any weight by lifting stuff in the gym........ elite kenyan runners run around different marathons around the world.... by end of year, some make $500, 000 others make $1million dollars a year and some add that with a jackpot of half a mill.... but they still remain as thin as possible, not by depriving themselfs of food but by burning all calories and makin sure they have thin but strong muscles

Your point exactly is??
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by joseph1832(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
azeeza:
The kenyan dude looks malnourish.
But did that stop him from winning?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by timilehin007(m): 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
timidapsin:
Oshey baddest
am a super man I can fly I can do back fleet

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Who is the Nairalander
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omotayor123:
I know the Nigerians are just trying... Kenyans are born to run grin
MARKone:

When lion dey pursue them every time, why then no go sabi run.

It is not that Kenyans are the best runners. They do get defeated.....and they do lose races....plus there was a doping scandal(thankfully not among most of them)

Most of the Kenyans who run marathons come from a part of Kenya that has something essential for long distance running....very high altitude. High altitude means that Kenyan athletes can run on less oxygen....and the high altitude also stimulates the body to produce excess red blood cells...which means that their blood can carry oxygen for longer periods of time than say a runner who was born at sea level.

Also....most Kenyans who live in the Rift Valley don'tuse cars to get to where they are going. They walk everywhere. An average teenage Kenyan walks 7.5kms to and from school. (How many kms can you walk?)

Finally....diet. Kenyan diet is carb based....with little protein and fat. As a result...they have low BMI plus lots of energy from the carbs...critical for being a long distance runner.

Lions? We have lions here in Nigeria. That does not make us fast.

More info here:http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/04/why-kenyans-make-such-great-runners-a-story-of-genes-and-cultures/256015/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Onegai(f): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
valnelly:

It's no scam dude.. I participated, got my medal and certificate... I saw kipton when he was getting ready for the race at the starting point.

Well done on finishing smiley you're the second person I know who ran. First was a young lady.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
denisfidha:

Kenyan runners also train at high altitudes...which means they can run on less oxygen....for longer....than your normal sea level-trained Nigerian.

(Our high altitude training centre at Mambilla is at 2000-3000 feet above sea level.Most Kenyan long distance athlets train at 4000ft and above.)

As this article puts it...

[b]Another argument notes that many of Kenya's best runners come from the sunny highlands in the Great Rift Valley, which also happens to be the birthplace of homo sapiens. The land there is flat with mild year-round weather, encouraging regular outdoor running. The high elevation -- about 7,000 feet -- could help runners here develop lungs capable of functioning in thinner air. When these runners descend to the relatively low-elevation courses at Boston or Beijing, the thicker atmosphere there would give them, in effect, a sustained oxygen boost. This may help explain why they developed physical traits better suited for running, although it's possible that these features are also due to something called "genetic drift" -- evolution is based on random genetic mutations, after all, so any isolated community will "drift" to certain common traits for no reason other than chance. Still, there are plenty of high places in the world, and neither Swiss nor Nepalese runners have yet made their big debut. And the conventional wisdom among trainers is that, although high altitudes can help develop lung capacity, the best way to do this is by sleeping at high elevation and training at low elevation.[/b]
There is also a genetic factor too.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by happney65: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wey that guy called Hungerbad ?The winner has promised to fight hunger..Please go and meet him so you can have some food to.eat..Thank You.. grin
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 7:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Good for you and congrats to the winner.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by henrydadon(m): 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerian we all the mouth we make ..if nah Twitter fight now we go Sabi "RUN" mouth

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by redcliff: 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
This race should be strictly for nigerians.. how would a foreigner come from no where and come and win something in our country and take the money back to his own country to spend. Whats the economic benefit!. This price money also should be Naira!
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by henrydadon(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
redcliff:
This race should be strictly for nigerians.. how would a foreigner come from no where and come and win something in our country and take the money back to his own country to spend. Whats the economic benefit!. This price money also should be Naira!
only God will give u brain..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ramanto:

grin

Re Jamaicans....Jamaica has a strong youth setup for its athletics...something we used to have here in Nigeria (that is how peoplelike Chidi Imoh, Innocent Egbunike,Mary Onyali,Fatima Yusuf,Yusuf Alli,Christy Opara-Thompson ,etc were discovered)....and that is why they do well.

Google for the Boys and Girls race in Jamaica....it is the premier event for under 18 runners in Jamaica. That is where Bolt was discovered.

We Nigerians....do you know when the next athletics event for teenagers is? Does your LGA hold inter-school athletics events? Do you even care?

As for Kenya....see here

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Anonymrs(f): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
The guy looks hungry though but i know with that huge sum he'll eat better.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by 4everGrand(m): 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Omotayor123:
I know the Nigerians are just trying... Kenyans are born to run grin

Born to run long distances. Long and middle distances.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by 4everGrand(m): 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:

grin

Re Jamaicans....Jamaica has a strong youth setup for its athletics...something we used to have here in Nigeria (that is how peoplelike Chidi Imoh, Innocent Egbunike,Mary Onyali,Fatima Yusuf,Yusuf Alli,Christy Opara-Thompson ,etc were discovered)....and that is why they do well.

Google for the Boys and Girls race in Jamaica....it is the premier event for under 18 runners in Jamaica. That is where Bolt was discovered.

We Nigerians....do you know when the next athletics event for teenagers is? Does your LGA hold inter-school athletics events? Do you even care?

As for Kenya....see here

Cut the long story short...kwarapshun has destroyed our athletics. Know me, enter team has destroyed sports in Nigeria. God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Egyptian FA Optimistic Over Salah’s World Cup Chances After Champions League / Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu / Moses Simon's Sister, Hauwa Dies During Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.