Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS (23623 Views)

PHOTOS: Jay Jay Okocha At Lagos Marathon / This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) / Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
Anonymrs:
The guy looks hungry though but i know with that huge sum he'll eat better.

He does not look hungry....he just has low body fat.

Athletes are supposed to have 6-20% body fat. Bruce Lee(famous martial artist and actor) had 1-2%. He was also stronger than many of you on this thread.

And it is that low body fat that ensures he would be a good runner.

As for that money....he has to pay his coach, his physio,and his trainer. He also has to pay travel expenses and hotel expenses...because he has to run in the next marathon....where he might not win.(He probably wants to run in the Olympics...and to qualify....you need to maintain a certain raking...which means...running more races.).

If he was malnourished....he won't have been able to run one meter. Infact....trained runners use energy from food better than us sendentary types.Call it physiologic adaptation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Originalsly: 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:

It is not that Kenyans are the best runners. They do get defeated.....and they do lose races....plus there was a doping scandal(thankfully not among most of them)

Most of the Kenyans who run marathons come from a part of Kenya that has something essential for long distance running....very high altitude. High altitude means that Kenyan athletes can run on less oxygen....and the high altitude also stimulates the body to produce excess red blood cells...which means that their blood can carry oxygen for longer periods of time than say a runner who was born at sea level.

Also....most Kenyans who live in the Rift Valley don'tuse cars to get to where they are going. They walk everywhere. An average teenage Kenyan walks 7.5kms to and from school. (How many kms can you walk?)

Finally....diet. Kenyan diet is carb based....with little protein and fat. As a result...they have low BMI plus lots of energy from the carbs...critical for being a long distance runner.

Lions? We have lions here in Nigeria. That does not make us fast.

More info here:http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/04/why-kenyans-make-such-great-runners-a-story-of-genes-and-cultures/256015/
There us a training camp in Kenya that produces several of the top marathon runners. Runners from around the world go there for training in the hope that whatever it is ... would also make them top runners but...hasn't happened as yet. Some do come from high altitude places...but...same results. One BBC report says it takes like 10 years body conditioning before being ready to become a top runner. The Kenyans been running long distances to and from school from the age of 6 so by the time they are 16 they have already been conditioned while the others now joining camp are nowhere near ready! @topic ...nice post!... a NL exclusive!...wayyy better and interesting! But Op... is kinda funny that chubby and well fed you ....asking the guy who looks like he been hit real hard by famine. ... to contribute to wipe out famine! I expected you to be rushing him off to get something to eat!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by FisifunKododada: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
cool If you are raising money to fight hunger then why are you giving one person $50 000? Shouldn't you share that $50 000 dollars ten dollars apiece to five thousand hungry kids? Yeye dey smell
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
Originalsly:
There us a training camp in Kenya that produces several of the top marathon runners. Runners from around the world go there for training in the hope that whatever it is ... would also make them top runners but...hasn't happened as yet. Some do come from high altitude places...but...same results. One BBC report says it takes like 10 years body conditioning before being ready to become a top runner. The Kenyans been running long distances to and from school from the age of 6 so by the time they are 16 they have already been conditioned while the others now joining camp are nowhere near ready! @topic ...nice post!... a NL exclusive!...wayyy better and interesting! But Op... is kinda funny that chubby and well fed you ....asking the guy who looks like he been hit real hard by famine. ... to contribute to wipe out famine!

Yes...them Kenyans have a high altitude training camp...and yes...hundreds of runners from all over the world have been coming.Even Mo Farah the British athlete,spent several months there in 2008.

As for the ''malnourished look''....the guy just has low body fat. Bruce lee...who I mentioned earlier...had very low body fat.He was also very strong....with some of his feats becoming the stuff of legend.(http://www.chinawhisper.com/top-10-bruce-lees-surprising-physical-feats/)
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by samopeyemi: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:
Kenya's ABRAHAM KIPTON with tag number 341 emerged victorious today at the LAGOS City Marathon Race and will be taking home the coveted $50,000 prize money.

Here's photos of KIPTON, myself and members of FoodClique Support Initiative as He pledged to help conquer hunger across Africa. #ZeroHunger

Boss, how far that babe, I mean d alhaja grin
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by God2man(m): 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:

It is not that Kenyans are the best runners. They do get defeated.....and they do lose races....plus there was a doping scandal(thankfully not among most of them)
Most of the Kenyans who run marathons come from a part of Kenya that has something essential for long distance running....very high altitude. High altitude means that Kenyan athletes can run on less oxygen....and the high altitude also stimulates the body to produce excess red blood cells...which means that their blood can carry oxygen for longer periods of time than say a runner who was born at sea level.
Also....most Kenyans who live in the Rift Valley don'tuse cars to get to where they are going. They walk everywhere. An average teenage Kenyan walks 7.5kms to and from school. (How many kms can you walk?)
Finally....diet. Kenyan diet is carb based....with little protein and fat. As a result...they have low BMI plus lots of energy from the carbs...critical for being a long distance runner.
More info here:http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/04/why-kenyans-make-such-great-runners-a-story-of-genes-and-cultures/256015/
adipemcanis1:

Look at the thin body, just to win a worldly race, what about the heavenly race, see the denial, the perseverance, the great discipline imposed on themselves to torture the body.

This is amazing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by nikkyshyne(f): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
The only thing I see here is d lady in hijab. She fiinne.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Gkemz: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
He looks malnourished. Anyways, oluwa don pick him call finally.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by JOOHEL: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
olaolulazio:

He has $50000 now, how much do u have presently?
Idiooooot!
Is that why ur father! Called me an idiot?.

I like the guy physique. That's all. angry
olaolulazio:

He has $50000 now, how much do u have presently?
Idiooooot!

I like the guy physique. That's all.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Chicagoesontop: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:
My crew!

We had much fun today, feeding and spreading the word that hunger should take the backseat for our country. grin

Cc Lalasticlala!!!

You And Your Crew Too Like Food, That Is The Reason Why You People Ignored To Fight Against Corruption With President Buhari And Be Fighting Against Hunger In Nigeria, See As All Of Una Fat, Except That Thin Man, I Don't Know If He Is Your Crew Driver !!
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kenya my a$$...everytime Kenya and race
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by EmekaBlue(m): 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
A Nigerian cant win a professional Kenyan on this race...No No No...Congrats kenya man..next yr come collect again

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
mayorjosh:
nice one op

was there,not as a runner but a spectator tho

Awesome. Hope you made it to our stand as we gave out free meals.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
harmless011:
welldone op

Thank You.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Dat Kenya guy tho.
He is too slim.

True Adaure. One will expect He won't finish but the Dude aced it in 2hours 16minutes.

I think the power of determination is all that matters.

Nice signature.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
emmijes3:
The kenyan dude though..he look's like he hasn't eaten for weeks.....gat my eye's on dat gal in hijab..she's damn pretty....and op.dat ya smile. wink me likeyy

Haha, thanks much. Will relay your kind words to my hijab friend.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Nice shots. These are the threads we need on NL. Not the usual celeb trash.

Thank You. Thank You.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
lilbarracuda:
Damn!
When is the next race ?

February 11th 2017 is the date for next year's Access Bank LAGOS Marathon Race.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
freshvine:
Op, you're looking healthier than the lanky winner from Kenya. Why didn't you enter the contest, win the money and feed the hungry with it. It should've saved you a lot of energy convincing the participants to key into your pet project

grin Thanks for compliment freshvine but I have never participated in a marathon before playfully or on professional basis. Preparation towards this race required lots of dedication, strength and belief which I gave to the best of my ability but winning, aha, I knew won't be likely as winners don't begin winning in the field. It's long before the D-day. KIPTOM the winner told me he trains everyday running about 30km. As you've nudged me now, perhaps I'd try bring home the prize next year.

Do support our work too >> FoodClique.org

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
Angelberry:
Who is the Nairalander

It's Me. Do check my profile... wink grin
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Originalsly:
There us a training camp in Kenya that produces several of the top marathon runners. Runners from around the world go there for training in the hope that whatever it is ... would also make them top runners but...hasn't happened as yet. Some do come from high altitude places...but...same results. One BBC report says it takes like 10 years body conditioning before being ready to become a top runner. The Kenyans been running long distances to and from school from the age of 6 so by the time they are 16 they have already been conditioned while the others now joining camp are nowhere near ready! @topic ...nice post!... a NL exclusive!...wayyy better and interesting! But Op... is kinda funny that chubby and well fed you ....asking the guy who looks like he been hit real hard by famine. ... to contribute to wipe out famine! I expected you to be rushing him off to get something to eat!

Chubby and well-fed without $50k though. embarassed
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
samopeyemi:

Boss, how far that babe, I mean d alhaja grin

Lol. She dey fine o. grin
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Eghosa1(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
nikkyshyne:
The only thing I see here is d lady in hijab. She fiinne.

She's very fine truly. Will pass your compliment. Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Originalsly: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm....I thought the fine one in hijab was the guy's wife....so she is your friend. Ehmmm....I need to talk with you in private concerning the babe charity.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by olaolulazio(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
JOOHEL:

I like the guy physique. That's all. angry

Lack of home training is a bad thing. If u truely have a father, u should know d worth of one.

I like the guy physique. That's all.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:

Haha, thanks much. Will relay your kind words to my hijab friend.
lolz...please do
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by mikolo80: 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:
My crew!

We had much fun today, feeding and spreading the word that hunger should take the backseat for our country. grin

Cc Lalasticlala!!!
could have read the word more with tractor loans and hire purchase agreements.
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by beedam(f): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eghosa1:
My crew!

Cc Lalasticlala!!!
@ food clique..... keep up the good work

Greetings to Bola and Bose, I sight you!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by oluwasegun007(m): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
dis kipton guy must have been drinking Lipton for long....see as he be, abeg he needs the money
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Vivly(f): 7:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Eghosa1:
Kenya's ABRAHAM KIPTON with tag number 341 emerged victorious today at the LAGOS City Marathon Race and will be taking home the coveted $50,000 prize money.

Here's photos of KIPTON, myself and members of FoodClique Support Initiative as He pledged to help conquer hunger across Africa. #ZeroHunger

Hey. Pleas what exactly does the FoodClique Support Initiative do? Apart from getting pledges from marathon winners. Is it a business or GO?
Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 07, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Kenyan runners also train at high altitudes...which means they can run on less oxygen....for longer....than your normal sea level-trained Nigerian.

(Our high altitude training centre at Mambilla is at 2000-3000 feet above sea level.Most Kenyan long distance athlets train at 4000ft and above.)

As this article puts it...

There is also a genetic factor too.
this is just white people trying to justify something they cant concur by blaming it on genetics... they even trid a couple of times to prove it scientifically but nothing could be substansivily prooven...... because if you say its about genetics, what about the ethiopians? Diferent country, different weather, different culture. ..
If you say its genetics, you will also have to say west-africans are genetically built for sprints, and so are blacks from North America (who initially came from west Africa) And so are the Jamaicans. You will also have to say that the europeans are jenetically built for field events like javelin and shortput since they hold like 90% of all medals in those games.

And what about the chinies and asians in general? Oh, so good at gymnastics in the olympics, maybe there bones are just born to be flexible..... And what about the south Americans, how comes most of the country's are natural at playing football...

You see where this is going, almost all regions around the world have some traits that comes natural to them while others have to work for it..... but white ppl will concentrate on discrediting others and look like saints.......

Mo-fara from UK has been knocking down Kenyans recently in 5k and 10k long dstance running, while he's been to kenya to train at high altitudes a couple of times, he has been helped by technology and advancements in sports science back in UK...... so if we Aficans can take just alitlebit of time and make resources available for different sports.... we will start winning all kinds of games at all major events, and when wr statt breaking world records, belive it or not, After a few years, dont be suprized if you came by an article saying all blacks were genetically build for sports, all they have to do is just do the right exercises

In Africa
- We've got fishing tribes with fishermen who can survive underwater for more than the scientific proven limit, hunting lobsters and octopuses- they could be greate swimmers

- we've got greate acrobats who do weeird stunts for entertaiment- with the right training, ciuld be greate gymnastics
-we've got tribes in the villages that do huntings with arrows in the vilages, if some of these guys that have been passed down knowlege from their ancestors were trained as professional archers, they would shoot an arrow from 500m away and hit the bullseye

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS by JDhotral4: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2016
26,000 people Participate N LAGOS MARATHON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rohr’s Salary: NFF In Trouble As Sponsors Pull Out / Olarenwaju Kayode Voted Austrian Bundesliga Player Of The Year / Fans Praise Kylian Mbappe's Performance Vs Bayern Munich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.