Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Fresh Military Delivery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Military Delivery (4570 Views)

Airforce To Recruit Fresh Military School Leavers -channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Missy89(f): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Missy89. Cannonleo Obiagelli henry240 and bidexii

please. let's talk. If shekau is spotted in Terror camp in Libya alongside other BH operative what options do we have
NB. 1 We done have aerial capability to take them out
2 Do we send the Navy commandoes to carry out a raid which is risky. ( NA sf in my opinion not qualified yet for such )

So you think having a fighter jet means you can conduct long range missions willy nilly? So the Air force / Commandos will just breach Libya's airspace / territory because one of their wanted terrorist is there? How will the plane even reach there and come back? Do you guys have air tankers?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by vedaxcool(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
EVarn:
Egypt is not like Nigeria where government does not place top priority on national security: a country that cannot protect its citizen and demonstrate martial capability abroad on behalf of its sovereignity is not fit to be called a great nation.

Egypt lives on welfare and cannot take good care of its rapidly increasing population. People don't eat bullets or war planes.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89:

So you think having a fighter jet means you can conduct long range missions willy nilly? So the Air force / Commandos will just breach Libya's airspace / territory because one of their wanted terrorist is there? How will the plane even reach there and come back? Do you guys have air tankers?
We are only discussing not firing scuds

We have two options invest in longer range aerial capacity. or seat and allow such individual or weapons from Libya continue to sustain BH

incursion by SBS is possible but dangerous
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Missy89. Cannonleo Obiagelli henry240 and bidexii agaugust

please. let's talk. If shekau is spotted in Terror camp in Libya alongside other BH operative what options do we have
2 Do we send the Navy commandoes to carry out a raid which is risky. ( NA sf in my opinion not qualified yet for such )
This a tough one, libyan government does not even have full authority over its teritory, we will definately have to rely on external help
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Missy89(f): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:

We are only discussing to firing scuds

We have two options invest in longer range aerial capacity. or seat and allow such individual or weapons from Libya continue to sustain BH

Firing scuds from Nigeria to Libya is not a viable military plan. And going inside Libya to bomb a terrorist camp is not politically feasible. The only option is either to work with Libya or isolate the terrorists at home. The northern borders have always been traditionally weak.

Nigerian government is not bold enough to even take such initiatives and buying more arms wont change that. It is mainly because we have no leverage in NA like we do in WA for example
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Missy89:

Firing scuds from Nigeria to Libya is not a viable military plan. And going inside Libya to bomb a terrorist camp is not politically feasible. The only option is either to work with Libya or isolate the terrorists at home. The northern borders have always been traditionally weak.

Nigerian government is not bold enough to even take such initiatives and buying more arms wont change that. It is mainly because we have no leverage in NA like we do in WA for example
Just like Obiagelli said Libya is country run by militias n terrorist No partner, Egypt conducts air Stokes alongside UAE.
secondly protecting our borders is a massive challenge. in the NE Libyan weapons are already been use by terrorist. by as Pentagon puts it the place is about to transform into a full haven for them.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by zurine(f): 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
hmm
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Missy89. Cannonleo Obiagelli henry240 and bidexii agaugust

We have 3 options

- Enlist the help of the Americans

- Enlist the help of the British

- Do it ourselves

Americans

The Americans would most likely target him with a drone strike, and it's "bye bye... black bird".

I do not believe they would risk sending a Delta or a Seal team to kill or capture a low life Nigerian terrorist.

However, by the next morning, expect the American propaganda machine to rubbish Nigeria and our government in the media

British

The British are a more dependable partner. We've worked with them on a couple of occasions. Although the publicized British SBS/Nigerian military raid to free a British and Italian hostage failed in 2012, the team was able to kill their captors, a process which set in motion the eventual demise of Ansaru.

We have a working relationship with the British.

SAS/SBS could be sent in to take out Shekau. There is a 60% probability that the U.K would send in elite troops.

Nigeria

We can do it ourselves, we have very experienced, highly trained units who can take out Shekau if the government shows actual sincerity in taking him out.

*Navy SBS can do the job

* DSS Spec Ops can do it

* Army Special forces can do it

* NIA agents can also do it

However because of logistical constraints we would have to rely on the extensive U.S intel on the ground and in the air to provide us with a decent picture of the targeted A.O, American human intel on the ground would also be invaluable.

N.A SF are not qualified says who?
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by rhymaster: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
CSTR2:
Forget about the free F-16s, Egypt is proactive buying a lot of highly sophisticated hardwares out of its own money.
What of algeria? The most formidable african nation in my opinion.
Nigeria's military heads and heads of states since 1999 have a collective IQ the size of a lint. I don't recognize military rule which is why i am going to spare them the share of the blame.
Well, the ineffectual baboon or buffon was there for 6 years and all he did was steal billions of dollars, share billions of dollars via Iweala and Dansuki and share out the Minister's Hill green areas of Abuja to himself and co-thieves! For all those years, you were sleeping right?

Well, if only the wailers who do not want the good of this country all move out to the Atlantic ocean or to some remote island in pluto, then Nigerians can fix this country once and for all!
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by CSTR2: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
rhymaster:

Well, the ineffectual baboon or buffon was there for 6 years and all he did was steal billions of dollars, share billions of dollars via Iweala and Dansuki and share out the Minister's Hill green areas of Abuja to himself and co-thieves! For all those years, you were sleeping right?

Well, if only the wailers who do not want the good of this country all move out to the Atlantic ocean or to some remote island in pluto, then Nigerians can fix this country once and for all!
I have no idea what you are talking about.
A significant percentage of the so-called wailers are asking for their own country.They want to leave too.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Henry240:

We have 3 options

- Enlist the help of the Americans

- Enlist the help of the British

- Do it ourselves

Americans

The Americans would most likely target him with a drone strike, and it's "bye bye... black bird".

I do not believe they would risk sending a Delta or a Seal team to kill or capture a low life Nigerian terrorist.

However, by the next morning, expect the American propaganda machine to rubbish Nigeria and our government in the media

British

The British are a more dependable partner. We've worked with them on a couple of occasions. Although the publicized British SBS/Nigerian military raid to free a British and Italian hostage failed in 2012, the team was able to kill their captors, a process which set in motion the eventual demise of Ansaru.

We have a working relationship with the British.

SAS/SBS could be sent in to take out Shekau. There is a 60% probability that the U.K would send in elite troops.

Nigeria

We can do it ourselves, we have very experienced, highly trained units who can take out Shekau if the government shows actual sincerity in taking him out.

*Navy SBS can do the job

* DSS Spec Ops can do it

* Army Special forces can do it

* NIA agents can also do it

However because of logistical constraints we would have to rely on the extensive U.S intel on the ground and in the air to provide us with a decent picture of the targeted A.O, American human intel on the ground would also be invaluable.

N.A SF are not qualified says who?

thanks. for your contribution
my comment on NA SF was because of their level of expertise , SBS has more training in such area to move and act quietly until like NA sf
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by naijaking1: 12:57am On Feb 07, 2016
IbnSultaan:

NO

Despite your zealous support for Buhari, you have to know that some of these arms are not shelf items where you come with a basket, pay , and carry your order home the same day in a basket. Some of them take months and years to fullfil. Lesson!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Cannonleo(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2016
IbnSultaan:

source say its part of December 2015.

WHY will such assets be delivered by plane now If it was acquired by Gej. it doesn't make sense
in this I must Give the last admin a knock most negotiations were made hastily leaving important details like arrival etc remember the Saudi Pakistani debacle we had, well the stuffs we bought from them arrived much later than expected.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Cannonleo(m): 1:27am On Feb 07, 2016
IbnSultaan:

thanks. for your contribution
my comment on NA SF was because of their level of expertise , SBS has more training in such area to move and act quietly until like NA sf
sultan Henry has already outlined the options,
Libya has no control over its airspace and to a large extent EEZ, a surgical strike would do the job but we lack those assets, we would really on foreign Intel heavily nd we have capable men in the Sbs and NA SF, but I would favor the NIA more based on effective stealth nd acclmatization. while SF would need insertion and extraction from the hot zone, NIA officers can simply blend into the environment months before they mak e the move.
hence with then we have embedded Intel and if allowed co-operation with incoming friendlies ( SF sbs etc).
basically I would choose NIA to either extraction Intel or co ordinate or extraction and eliminate.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 2:37am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
BOKO HARAM your end is near.....

As for other side of people trying to cause trouble in our dear nation,Let every papa,mama,uncle,aunty warn their pikins to stay away from such or else,na kpai be that o.

*I no mention name,no any buffoon should quote me*

God bless Nigeria Army

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria.

Boko-ediits are waiting, please go and end them... Since u have been emmarsed with lies and propaganda...until we see, this time before we believe.. No more trusting Liar Muhafairytales, ever!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by idupaul: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=IbnSultaan post=42679006]FRESH DELIVERY: Weaponised Mi-17 or Mi-171Sh
Terminator? Other Advance weapon system are expected including JF17s multi role fighter planes, MI-35m helicopter ,10 Super
Mushak trainer aircraft. So also government is doing all it can to boast local development of essential military
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by idupaul: 8:10am On Feb 07, 2016
Missy89:

The security situation in North Africa and West Africa are quite different. What will Nigeria be doing with 2 squadrons of Fighter jets?

Are U for real
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2016
Cannonleo
My beef with last admin they had enough money acquire lots of assets from manufacturer but failed to do that. they diverted some, inflated prizes of the ones acquired from black market.

that's Y we want NAF to acquire such aerial capability. Henry240 don't forget Egypt can also be helpful in this kind of situation,
My take deploy NIA to provide on the ground Intel gathering for safe insertion and extraction zone, Prep a team of SBS along side NA SF, If we have ship around the area we could drop team A for insertion. from sea while team B(NA SF),with enough fire power for Extraction from Hot zone. if No asset is available on water , We deploy from Niger into Area get Niger to allow us use any facility close to the boarder as Staging ground ,
Teams moves in quietly n meets up with NIA agents on ground, NA SF secure a close by location While SBS move in for The days job
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by OFFICIAL336: 8:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Cannonleo:
sultan Henry has already outlined the options,
Libya has no control over its airspace and to a large extent EEZ, a surgical strike would do the job but we lack those assets, we would really on foreign Intel heavily nd we have capable men in the Sbs and NA SF, but I would favor the NIA more based on effective stealth nd acclmatization. while SF would need insertion and extraction from the hot zone, NIA officers can simply blend into the environment months before they mak e the move.
hence with then we have embedded Intel and if allowed co-operation with incoming friendlies ( SF sbs etc).
basically I would choose NIA to either extraction Intel or co ordinate or extraction and eliminate.
For logistical reason, it will be so hard (nearly impossible) to conduct a covert op in Libya without foreign help becos of the location of Libya in the map. First the activated special op team need to be smuggled into Libyan territory. First we will need a border country with Libya as an operating base. 2. We need to secretly fly them from Nigeria to base. 3. We need a sub to move them into Libya territorial wars to avoid radar detection and to act as operational control and command centre 4. We will need to move the team to the A.O stealthily 5. Using air strike to clear paths for the field team will destroy the cover. 6. We will need a perfect extraction plan.
I'll prefer to use the MIA, DSS SWAT team as ops, SAS as extraction.
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by dBard: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
You are an ediot. If mi-8/17 isn't a personnel transport heli, then what is it?

You shouldn't have bothered.
To him , it's not a transport heli becos it's armed.

Mugus on Nairaland plenty much..
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by MansaMoussa: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2016
Modest Aquisitions i must say, Yes we can do more, but the question is, what are our primary goals? Offensive or Defensive assets? For the proponents of Power projection, I hope you know our biggest threat to that isn't BH or ND militants or ISIL etc, but France! Look around us, we are surrounded by French Garrisons all over(in the name of Francophone countries)..can we ever have enough assets to challenge a 100 Rafales scattered all over the Airbases in Niger,Chad, Benin, Mali, Togo etc if they were to fall upon Abuja in future? How many interceptors, SAMs etc do we have to counter them?
So power projection is out of the question as long As the French maintain in Strong presence in the Subregion, we should rather confine ourselves to protecting our people from unending ethno-religious skirmishes that prop up here and there and try to prevent genocidal self destruction within the country..if we get lucky, our soldiers get hired as mercenaries under the UN or AU or ECOWAS mandate..thats the furthest we can go in terms of power projection.
Until I see a Military Industrial Complex that can churn out our Hardware needs, I dare not dream big.
Make we dey buy am small small, even if na Bolt Action Rifle we buy, I go clap clap clap!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Military Delivery by EternalTruths: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2016
IbnSultaan:
FRESH DELIVERY: Weaponised Mi-17 or Mi-171Sh
Terminator? Other Advance weapon system are expected including JF17s multi role fighter planes, MI-35m helicopter ,10 Super
Mushak trainer aircraft. So also government is doing all it can to boast local development of essential military requirements

Since Buhari has not have his budget approved, you can agree with me that this is Jonathan's supply.

If you say otherwise, you then must agree with me that Buhari is spending outside Budget approval which is corruption and an impeachable offence
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2016
#Tunisia finishes #Libya border fence intended to keep out militants af.reuters.com/article/topNew…
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Cannonleo(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2016
IbnSultaan:
Cannonleo
My beef with last admin they had enough money acquire lots of assets from manufacturer but failed to do that. they diverted some, inflated prizes of the ones acquired from black market.

that's Y we want NAF to acquire such aerial capability. Henry240 don't forget Egypt can also be helpful in this kind of situation,
My take deploy NIA to provide on the ground Intel gathering for safe insertion and extraction zone, Prep a team of SBS along side NA SF, If we have ship around the area we could drop team A for insertion. from sea while team B(NA SF),with enough fire power for Extraction from Hot zone. if No asset is available on water , We deploy from Niger into Area get Niger to allow us use any facility close to the boarder as Staging ground ,
Teams moves in quietly n meets up with NIA agents on ground, NA SF secure a close by location While SBS move in for The days job
same thought here sultan, logistical it may seems impossible but hey there are hundreds of Nigerians rushing thru Libya to move to Europe , a couple of agents in fat guise can infliterate but like I said it can be used in two ways , I would prefer co ordination with sbs or NA SF etc . But NIA has a very crucial role to play in any opps
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Cannonleo(m): 11:31am On Feb 07, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

For logistical reason, it will be so hard (nearly impossible) to conduct a covert op in Libya without foreign help becos of the location of Libya in the map. First the activated special op team need to be smuggled into Libyan territory. First we will need a border country with Libya as an operating base. 2. We need to secretly fly them from Nigeria to base. 3. We need a sub to move them into Libya territorial wars to avoid radar detection and to act as operational control and command centre 4. We will need to move the team to the A.O stealthily 5. Using air strike to clear paths for the field team will destroy the cover. 6. We will need a perfect extraction plan.
I'll prefer to use the MIA, DSS SWAT team as ops, SAS as extraction.
bro I understand your point but look at it from the angle of migrants rushing through Libya to get to Europe. That's cover no 1
I agree that they have to get a contact in target location, there are a lot of sellout in the area
Etc etc
Stealth is the key bro
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cannonleo:
same thought here sultan, logistical it may seems impossible but hey there are hundreds of Nigerians rushing thru Libya to move to Europe , a couple of agents in fat guise can infliterate but like I said it can be used in two ways , I would prefer co ordination with sbs or NA SF etc . But NIA has a very crucial role to play in any opps
NIA is not meeting upto expectation
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cannonleo:
NIA is not meeting upto expectation..
Re: Fresh Military Delivery by OFFICIAL336: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2016
Cannonleo:
bro I understand your point but look at it from the angle of migrants rushing through Libya to get to Europe. That's cover no 1
I agree that they have to get a contact in target location, there are a lot of sellout in the area
Etc etc
Stealth is the key bro
Good. But how will you move the weapons, or will it be sourced locally?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Flaunts Cleavage In New Photos / ​ N-delta Crisis: Why We Won’t Allow Buhari Export Crude Oil —AVENGERS / THE INCONSISTENT ONE: TONYEBARCANISTA A SERIAL ****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.