Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget (22958 Views)

Troop Arrests Wanted Ex-militant Leader For Sabotaging The Economy / 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn' / Ben Murray-Bruce Commends Buhari's Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nicur: 11:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
lol the blame game kontinues!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by bmos(m): 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lasveg:
i loathe corruption, but dis buari seems like a dictator to me.

I wonder what is doctorial about PMB here. Some criminals are on the verge of cutting corner in our budget. Shouldn't they be punished for that? Am sure you didn't read through the entire writeup.
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nicur: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
mazzi:
See damage control that stinks to high heaven!

Was those proposals not reported to various ministers who then gave their final endorsement?

Didn't the minister of finance go through the budget before giving her final endorsement?

Didn't bubu go through the budget before sending it to the senate for confirmation?

This government is just shameless!

Tufiakwa
lol 4 bottles of orijin for you!! Naso dem go dey shift blame!! this shows lack of responsibility, so they realized that it was "JACKED UP" after they were exposed?? they mean say they did not realize before sending it to NASS? Lol WHO IS DECIEVING WHO?? WHO DEM WAN DECEIVE? only their ZOMBIES will fall for this carp!!!

4 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by princejenks(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sweetlemon:

You may not realize it but sometimes, these people are too busy to go through certain things.
Personally I believe Buhari is NOT ready to present our budget yet. I believe he's still trying to study/work on some things before concluding. He's a very detailed man and likes to be absolutely sure of what he's doing.
That budget was prepared in a hurry because of complainers like you that will wail about the unavailability of the budget.
it's a constitutional matter and not about anyone here cos it's clearly stated in the constitution when the budget must be presented else failure to do so will amount to a breach

3 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by princejenks(m): 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
I can summarize this government as follows: full of lies,blame game and filled with plenty motion without movement

5 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sorry, cry cry baby. We've heard all you typed numerous times. It's now overflogged.

TippyTop:

They jacked it up because they knew they were dealing with an illiterate president, a man who failed woefully in Maths, a man with NEPA bill as certificate.
In future, presidential candidates should be disqualified if they fail to show up for debates, Buhari's incompetence would have been laid bare if he had debated.

We're now saddled for the next 4yrs with this man who wouldn't pass an interview for a job as taxi driver in the US.

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Inioluwa01:
Wow! I must confess I'm losing grip on my strong conviction that Nigeria can and will be better. The whole system is riddled with immorality and evil,with no fear of tomorrow. My fear is that, even if this man(PMB) is truly the one sent to clean this Country and set a foundation for greatness and prosperity for all, will the evil people in the system allow him? cry cry
Bro... human beings are evil... dey cant produce good enuf.....
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nicur: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
TippyTop:

Since there's no rational explanation "Let me say Buhari was busy" Damn!!! like WTF!!!
Is there anything more important than the budget?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!

The "zombie" name tag is actually becoming real as once educated people now refuse to decipher propaganda from seemingly obvious incompetence.
loolzz u think say the Zombie matter na joke? it is real my brother grin

5 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nicur: 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sweetlemon:

It should. But Buhari is not ready to present his.
Now let me ask you something; What have all the previous budgets presented in January done for your life as a person. Mention just two things. Let's also consider what and how the previous govt harnessed the highest oil price era ever.
I'm waiting.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Bunch of noisemakers populate this thread. The previous governments led by 'literates' in the country instituted corruption and see the mess we are in. Now a man who is serious about fighting the hydra-headed monster is doing the best he can and all they can do is shout 'illiterate'.

What did your so-called literate ex-presidents under PDP do for us, except siphon our money, enrich themselves and increase the divide between the Haves and have-nots?

Tweh! You all disgust me. Rather than condemn evil, they are willing to call someone who is trying to fight corruption names just to prove that we voted in a wrong party.

Tweh!!! tweh tweh tweh!!! Evil people.

3 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nicur: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2016
Sweetlemon:

You may not realize it but sometimes, these people are too busy to go through certain things.
Personally I believe Buhari is NOT ready to present our budget yet. I believe he's still trying to study/work on some things before concluding. He's a very detailed man and likes to be absolutely sure of what he's doing.
That budget was prepared in a hurry because of complainers like you that will wail about the unavailability of the budget.

6 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Your last sentence derailed what would have been a decent submission from you. Agreed these guys can be under intense pressures from all corners most of the time but that doesn't still exonerate the shambolic show that greeted the budget presentation.

We wailed for action when PMB was idling away the first 5 months of being in office. That was a time ample enough to have put up a cabinet and get to work but APC folks dimmed our voices of reason.

The budget of a government isn't something to be prepared in a hurry to please some people. It's serious business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Trut(m): 12:04am On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:
Bunch of noisemakers populate this thread. The previous governments led by 'literates' in the country instituted corruption and see the mess we are in. Now a man who is serious about fighting the hydra-headed monster is doing the best he can and all they can do is shout 'illiterate'.

What did your so-called literate ex-presidents under PDP do for us, except siphon our money, enrich themselves and increase the divide between the Haves and have-nots?

Tweh! You all disgust me. Rather than condemn evil, they are willing to call someone who is trying to fight corruption names just to prove that we voted in a wrong party.

Fighting kwarupshun my left NYASH. Zombie will always be zombie

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 12:04am On Feb 07, 2016
PMB is serious about corruption, but one man alone cannot fight the system. I sometimes fear that we will never be beat this evil that is deeply ingrained into the very psyche of the nation.

I think we should just go the Jerry Rawlings way. Once anyone is found guilty of stealing, just gather them together in a field and blast the mofos to thy kingdom come.

Nigeria is a very peculiar country and only an iron fist will work here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 12:05am On Feb 07, 2016
Trut:

Fighting kwarupshun my left NYASH. Zombie will always be zombie
Leave zombie out of this. Address the questions I raised in my post
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Trut(m): 12:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:

Leave zombie out of this. Address the questions I raised in my post

Your lord is fighting political enemies, not corruption. He dine and wine with corrupt people who sponsored his campaign, so stop that anti corruption crap.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Smooyis(m): 12:12am On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:

They jacked it up because they knew they were dealing with an illiterate president, a man who failed woefully in Maths, a man with NEPA bill as certificate.
In future, presidential candidates should be disqualified if they fail to show up for debates, Buhari's incompetence would have been laid bare if he had debated.

We're now saddled for the next 4yrs with this man who wouldn't pass an interview for a job as taxi driver in the US.

Haba this is bad mouth. As far as I am concerned he remains the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria. Let's eschew bitterness.
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Trut:

Your lord is fighting political enemies, not corruption. He dine and wine with corrupt people who sponsored his campaign, so stop that anti corruption crap.
I am glad you acknowledge that there are corrupt people in the country, but you still haven't addressed the question. I asked a question, so kindly respond to it or stop quoting me
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 12:14am On Feb 07, 2016
Smooyis:

Haba this is bad mouth. As far as I am concerned he remains the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria. Let's eschew bitterness.
Let them keep wailing. Their whining and noisemaking won't change the fact that they are stuck with the 'illiterate' till 2019

1 Like

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:
PMB is serious about corruption, but one man alone cannot fight the system. I sometimes fear that we will never be beat this evil that is deeply ingrained into the very psyche of the nation.

I think we should just go the Jerry Rawlings way. Once anyone is found guilty of stealing, just gather them together in a field and blast the mofos to thy kingdom come.

Nigeria is a very peculiar country and only an iron fist will work here.

Hmmm.....It will never work that way, my dear.

Corruption is deeper than we can ever imagine. It's a cultural issue at the moment. We agree the current administration is doing something about it though it appears to be dancing towards a predetermined end....appears to be........

A look at the budget indicates Nigeria is yet to reverse its consumption oriented budget...the NASS and re Presidency are still given ridiculous figures while more important agencies were given something not quite enough.

Governance isn't a child's play. The APC - led government is yet to fully commence the business of governance.

As for killing and bombing thieves, we are too tribal and divided to allow that......let them be committed to jails.

2 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:

How can a MOD be partisan? ??

2 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Ishilove: 12:23am On Feb 07, 2016
dearpreye:

Hmmm.....It will never work that way, my dear.

Corruption is deeper than we can ever imagine. It's a cultural issue at the moment. We agree the current administration is doing something about it though it appears to be dancing towards a predetermined end....appears to be........

A look at the budget indicates Nigeria is yet to reverse its consumption oriented budget...the NASS and re Presidency are still given ridiculous figures while more important agencies were given something not quite enough.

Governance isn't a child's play. The APC - led government is yet to fully commence the business of governance.

As for killing and bombing thieves, we are too tribal and divided to allow that......let them be committed to jails.
Jails, you say? The day a looter is given a heavy jail sentence is the day I will have hope that perhaps, we just may beat the system, but until then, tweh! Evil people, all.

I taya for this country

1 Like

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by obinoral1179(m): 12:26am On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:

now u called our president an illiterate because of this and a PHD holder was there when all the atrocities where being perpetrated and he did nothing. from nimasa, farouq gate,dasuki gate,ekiti gate and even TSA could not b implemented. please give respect because is eyes cannot be everywhere. he is our president.

2 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:

Jails, you say? The day a looter is given a heavy jail sentence is the day I will have hope that perhaps, we just may beat the system, but until then, tweh! Evil people, all.

I taya for this country

I've given up since ......I almost got killed back in 2012 for calling out corruption on my FB wall. I was traced....It was that serious.

Corruption is seen as very lucrative. The average Nigerian has given or solicited bribes this year.

We need strong institutions. We need a new set of rules and ethics. My dear, it's depressing....

1 Like

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by litetias(m): 12:38am On Feb 07, 2016
We are so quick to blame the politicians but truth be told the civil servants most especially the perm secs are worse when it comes to looting
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by OAFMods: 12:40am On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:

Exactly the same way we were saddled with cluelessness during the 5 plus years of Jonathan after he failed to show up for the presidential debate in 2011.
Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by InvertedHammer: 12:48am On Feb 07, 2016
mazzi:
See damage control that stinks to high heaven!

Was those proposals not reported to various ministers who then gave their final endorsement?

Didn't the minister of finance go through the budget before giving her final endorsement?

Didn't bubu go through the budget before sending it to the senate for confirmation?

This government is just shameless!

Tufiakwa
/
You call it damage control because you are a nice guy.

I call it total bullshit.

/

3 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by odogwu125: 1:10am On Feb 07, 2016
bmos:

I wonder what is doctorial about PMB here. Some criminals are on the verge of cutting corner in our budget. Shouldn't they be punished for that? Am sure you didn't read through the entire writeup.
but wen we said it u called us wailing wailer, nw dat scapegoats have been found u nw accept there is cutting of corners in d budget

4 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Acidosis(m): 1:48am On Feb 07, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Are you giving excuses on behalf of Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by aloeman15(m): 2:08am On Feb 07, 2016
@ishilove-
I'm terribly disappointed cos you always come across as intelligent.
Between the perm secs he spent 5 months with, the ministers he appointed and his vp's assertion of a zero-based budget- along with numerous special advisers, they didn't see the calamity before them?!
Haba, aunty...
A simple 'sorry' to nigerians would've sufficed rather than all these swings and roundabouts.
There was a US president (I think it was Truman) who had a plaque on his desk that read, "The buck stops here." That's what we expect from a man with integrity- acknowledge the mistakes as the ceo, apologise and do better.
Meanwhile, how is it that the presidency still keeps getting surprised that there are corrupt people in govt?!
Shuu!
STOP PASSING THE BUCK.
Shikena.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by Adminisher: 3:37am On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:

During Jonathan's corrupt and clueless regime the budgets were padded all the way. Average budget performance was less than 25% because all the money was budgeted to be stolen. The figure I quoted is not a LIE . The figure was from Jonathan's finance minister herself. Yes the same civil servants have laid ambush for this administration . Buhari has shown great confidence to have withdrawn the budget and made some changes. That is what we voted the president for.When they start sacking them you will know the truth.

Nigeria's money is stolen from budget preparation . There are networks involving politicians and middle / top level civil servants involved in building up the stealing over a number of years. Businessmen have even planted themselves as staff of key ministries all to facilitate "networked looting ".
Simple things like boreholes, supply of furniture, stationeries, official cars and building renovations are gates for the looting of billions every year.
Tell your relatives who are involved that change is here.

2 Likes

Re: Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget by aksule(m): 3:41am On Feb 07, 2016
What a story,and you expect an unbiased mind to accept this yarn. Let's owned up our mistakes, it will help us to avoid future mistakes. In any case SR can be very funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Attacking Buhari, PDP Group Tells Fayose / Boko Haram’s Computer Analysts, Herbalist Caught / ANN Presidential Candidate, Durotoye Reacts As INEC Postponed General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.