Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,135 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done (901 Views)

Whats Wrong With This Steering Rack? / WTB: New/rebuilt Steering Rack For 2002 Toyota 4runner / How Do My Align My Steering Wheel,it Has An Airbag In It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by patlead: 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
My steering rack failed causing the pump to become stiff.i had the rack rebuilt and reinstalled after which an allignment was done.

Whilst doing the allignment,they had the steering removed and readjusted,he said he wants to make the wheels allign and be straight.however, after this i realised My steering was no longer locking after i switch off the engine.i asked why that was and he said its because they loosened the steering and that it will reset itself and continue to lock after i turn off the ignitìon and turn the steering for it to be locked.

My questions are;

Should i be bothered because its yet to be reset as advised?
Hope it will not lock whilst am drivin
Re: Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2016
patlead:
My steering rack failed causing the pump to become stiff.i had the rack rebuilt and reinstalled after which an allignment was done.

Whilst doing the allignment,they had the steering removed and readjusted,he said he wants to make the wheels allign and be straight.however, after this i realised My steering was no longer locking after i switch off the engine.i asked why that was and he said its because they loosened the steering and that it will reset itself and continue to lock after i turn off the ignitìon and turn the steering for it to be locked.

My questions are;

Hope it will not lock whilst am driving?

Its 2000 camry

thats not alignment what was done on your car, like you said they took of the steering wheel and aligniged it insteed of aligning the wheels

better you go back they put it back the way it was and then take for proper wheel alignment which now done the use of a computer and laser pointers
Re: Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Feb 07, 2016
patlead:

My questions are;

Hope it will not lock whilst am driving?

Its 2000 camry

car is now easier to steal.
Re: Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by lonelydora: 11:36am On Feb 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

car is now easier to steal.

As simple as that.
Re: Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by patlead: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

thats not alignment what was done on your car, like you said they took of the steering wheel and aligniged it insteed of aligning the wheels

better you go back they put it back the way it was and then take for proper wheel alignment which now done the use of a computer and laser pointers
thanka, hope it can be restored without much hassle as one thing I dread is the lack of attention to details by our mechanics.
Re: Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done by patlead: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
lonelydora:

As simple as that.
fixed it. Its locking now.sò happy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is ATF And Brake Oil Change Overdue? / Photos: Dead Trap For People En Routing To Ojoo Ibadan / Get $500 Cash If You Do This Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.