Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 (3345 Views)

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Ogoniland In 1984 / Evidence That The First Rescue Chibok Girl Was Kidnapped By BH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by jonhemma11: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2016
[sIn 1984, President Muhammadu Buhari’s government notoriously despatched agents to London to drug kidnap Umaru Dikko, a minister in the previous government accused of embezzlement.

The plot was only rumbled when a customs officer at Stansted Airport became suspicious about a crate marked “diplomatic baggage” that was due to be picked up by a Nigerian airliner, and opened it to find an unconscious Mr Dikko inside.

The incident sparked a major diplomatic fall-out with Britain and saw four men jailed for kidnapping.

Today, Mr Buhari is again on the trail of alleged embezzlers, some of whom are accused of stealing billions of pounds from the Nigerian government during former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

However, while one of them has already been arrested in Britain – with more arrests expected – this time he is content to let Scotland Yard pursue them on his behalf.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/photothe-crate-in-which-umaru-dikko-was.html

1 Like

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by jonhemma11: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2016
History

2 Likes

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Imortal001: 9:16am On Feb 07, 2016
Since black and white, baba hate kurrupt fifu!

7 Likes

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by sunkoye: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Nice one baba... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by StOla: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2016
Buhari has always been good in providing great and appropriate hospitality for public fund looters.

This daring and wilful attempt to ensure a fellow Northerner did not escape justice, put Buhari in the echelon of the anti-corruption fight.

An irresponsible president who had nothing to show for the myriad of corruption scandals that occurred in his tenure, tried his best to discredit Buhari with this Umaru Dikko episode, but ended up promoting the Buhari brand as the only rational and patriotic option available to the electorate.

The same ineffectual buffoon when told that his regime would be probed, even had the temerity to suggest previous national scandals/frauds that his successor should also probe, while forgetting that he inherited the reports on those scandals and had been president for 5years without showing any interest in those reports till he was sacked by the electorate who were puzzled that such an irresponsible and useless being existed in this world.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Bhella5(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2016
Ride on Sir. We are behind you. Yam eaters beware.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by tjfulloption(m): 10:09am On Feb 07, 2016
I disagree to agree on this matter, pictures of Umaru Dikko inside the crate or HERDONBILIVEIT, it as a matter of fact that the wailing wailers will try to paint Baba anti corruption fight as a witch hunting on the oppositions. Sit down for some while, think and have a sober reflection on these people (looters of our state wealth) negatively it has affected the future of our youths and if this is not curtain at the appropriate time, then it will cause a collateral damage on the unborn generations.

Do Say after me:
I'm a wailing wailer, and I have promise to change behaviorally, disciplinary, morally, financially, economically, emotionally and corruption free for the progress of this country. So help me God.
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by WATCHOVER(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2016
So Umaru Dikko was nearly turned to imported goods, Who say Buhari no sabi business.

3 Likes

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by docadams: 10:15am On Feb 07, 2016
One of my saddest moment was when the attempted kidnap failed.

4 Likes

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Bhella5(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2016
docadams:
One of my saddest moment was when the attempted kidnap failed.
yeah me too.
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by johncreek: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2016
The thief deserves it..
What pained me is that they stopped him from entering Nigeria, he would have known what Baba actually does to criminals.... no wonder Baba said Nigerians are criminals; bitter truth even though #NigeriansAreNotCriminals is trending on twitter..

1 Like

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by jordyspices: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2016
He could have done it diplomatically why kidnapping him nd putting him in a crate shew cry
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 07, 2016
Bubu sha. Kikikikikikikikikiki
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Day169: 11:20am On Feb 07, 2016
In this era of recycling organic materials, this crate can be remodelled to suit the likes of Obanikoro, Lamorde and a couple of other Nigerian fugitives. grin

1 Like

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Remii(m): 11:21am On Feb 07, 2016
jordyspices:
He could have done it diplomatically why kidnapping him nd putting him in a crate shew cry
why did US enter and killed Osama without wiorking with Pakistan?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Day169: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2016
Remii:
10 likes!!!!
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by totorimi: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2016
Aha! so he started kidnapping business in Nigeria
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by StOla: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2016
jordyspices:

The only defence a democratic thief needed in those days was to ask for asylum, claiming that the military dictatorship in their country was clamping down on democracy activists.

The UK would never have released a politician to a military dictatorship.
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by jordyspices: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2016
Remii:
was dikko now a world terrorist
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by KingTom(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2016
StOla:
Buhari has always been good in providing great and appropriate hospitality for public fund looters.

This daring and wilful attempt to ensure a fellow Northerner did not escape justice, put Buhari in the echelon of the anti-corruption fight.

An irresponsible president who had nothing to show for the myriad of corruption scandals that occurred in his tenure, tried his best to discredit Buhari with this Umaru Dikko episode, but ended up promoting the Buhari brand as the only rational and patriotic option available to the electorate.

The same ineffectual buffoon when told that his regime would be probed, even had the temerity to suggest previous national scandals/frauds that his successor should also probe, while forgetting that he inherited the reports on those scandals and had been president for 5years without showing any interest in those reports till he was sacked by the electorate who were puzzled that such an irresponsible and useless being existed in this world.
The last line though grin

1 Like

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by StOla: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2016
KingTom:
The last line though grin

Words cannot truly capture the kind of human being that Jonathan is.

To think that I actively campaigned within my social circle and online platforms that he must be duely elevated to Acting President when Yar'Adua was comatose in Saudi Arabia.

I remember reading a newspaper article early in the Yar'Adua presidency when the president was still somewhat healthy, on the uneventful office of the vice president Jonathan. Some Bayelsa women supporters had visited the wife of the vice-president Patience Jonathan, and enquired from her the whereabouts of her husband. Her sorrowful reply was that he was performing his job of reading newspapers as assigned to him by the overbearing Turai Yar'Adua.

Not until Jonathan assumed the presidency at the demise of Yar'Adua did I realise the import of the task Turai Yar'Adua assigned to Jonathan the vice-president. Despite having a PHD, she simply found him so bereft of knowledge that could be useful in the administration of her husband.

Jonathan was the epitome of the word clueless. It was a trait that put him in good stead with principals who didn't want any ambition in their deputies, but same trait in him as the very principal was the perfect requirement for catastrophe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by KingTom(m): 11:58am On Feb 07, 2016
StOla:

Words cannot truly capture the kind of human being that Jonathan is.

To think that I actively campaigned within my social circle and online platforms that he must be duely elevated to Acting President when Yar'Adua was comatose in Saudi Arabia.

I remember reading a newspaper article early in the Yar'Adua presidency when the president was still somewhat healthy, on the uneventful office of the vice president Jonathan. Some Bayelsa women supporters had visited the wife of the vice-president Patience Jonathan, and enquired from her the whereabouts of her husband. Her reply was that he was performing his job of reading newspapers as assigned to him by the overbearing Turai Yar'Adua.

Not until Jonathan assumed the presidency at the demise of Yar'Adua did I realise the import of the task Turai Yar'Adua assigned to Jonathan the vice-president. Despite having a PHD, she simply found him so bereft of knowledge that could be useful in the administration of her husband.

Jonathan was the epitome of the word clueless.
The wailers won't like this grin

1 Like

Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by cr7lomo: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
That's the reason y the British government introduced visa to Nigeria and others followed... Buhari smh
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by patrickmuf(m): 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Remii:
You should be an umpire, you definitely know how to stop a fight before it escalates...
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
The likes of umaru Dikko are the reasons Nigeria is at this pitable state.
China is where they are today cos the constitution frowns at corruption.
At the end,the poor suffers.
A criminal deserves any treatment meted to him.
Re: Photo:See The Crate In Which Umaru Dikko Was Kidnapped By Buhari In 1984 by lalasticlala(m): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2016

(1)

Members Of IPOB UNN Campus Enugwu Pictures / Top News - Nnamdi Kanu Not Welcomed In Lagos - Lawmaker / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.