Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Advice Needed!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed!!! (1192 Views)

Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / Honda Pilot Advice Needed / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Good Morning all,

I intend to buy a Nigerian used car/suv by the end of this year, and I can't seem to make up my mind on the brand. I'm looking at the following:

Toyota Solara (either of the 2 models)
Honda EOD (or the coupé)
Nissan Xterra (2004 model, the one with round headlamps)
Volkswagen Golf 4 or 5

I work on the Island and live in the mainland. This is a car I'd be using EVERYDAY. In terms of cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency and economy, which is the best to purchase?

The roads I ply aren't so bad. The reason I mentioned SUV is because I'm pretty small (5ft3), and even in a baby boy, I can't see beyond the steering, I have to sit on a pillow. SUVs are high, so I'll have a clear view.

Thank you smiley
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Cutehector(m): 9:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Babe can I have ur number? grin
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Go for Toyota

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!!! by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2016
It's either an suv or a car. Putting both in the mix makes any form of advice difficult.
Not knowing if you need a high clearance suv, simply because Ambode, Fashola and Tinubu, have refused to repair and maintain all our roads in almost 17 years?
I would opt for a car if ground clearance issues are not an option (EOD) and the Nissan if clearance needed.
Toyota is the boys of the underground, favourite quick cash cow!!!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!!! by mayor2013: 11:26am On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:
Good Morning all,

I intend to buy a car/suv by the end of this year, and I can't seem to make up my mind on the brand. I'm looking at the following:

Honda EOD (or the coupé)
Volkswagen Golf 4 or 5

I work on the Island and live in the mainland. This is a car I'd be using EVERYDAY. In terms of cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency and economy, which is the best to purchase?

Thank you smiley

If you need something as an everyday use I would suggest you go for a rav4. Year model is whati can't advice on cos your pocket would determine that.
For you to keep your car moving and not the other way round. Maintenance play a key role.
Good luck in your search

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
the type of road conditions ply every day would help in deciding the right vehicle for the job. You might need a chevy avalanche in some extreme cases.
Re: Advice Needed!!! by inze(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
the type of road conditions ply every day would help in deciding the right vehicle for the job. You might need a chevy avalanche in some extreme cases.

. . . ah ahn bros? Chevy Avalanche shocked
Re: Advice Needed!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
inze:

. . . ah ahn bros? Chevy Avalanche shocked

her query was very vague as per what roads she covers
Re: Advice Needed!!! by ogawisdom(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:
Good Morning all,

I intend to buy a car/suv by the end of this year, and I can't seem to make up my mind on the brand. I'm looking at the following:

Honda EOD (or the coupé)
Volkswagen Golf 4 or 5

Thank you smiley

State your budget n we advice u
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
mayor2013:

If you need something as an everyday use I would suggest you go for a rav4. Year model is whati can't advice on cos your pocket would determine that.
For you to keep your car moving and not the other way round. Maintenance play a key role.
Good luck in your search

Yeah, Rav4, maybe that 2002 small cute model. That looks like a solid car. I don't want something that would be taking me to the mechanic all the time.
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Lmao! Avalanche? Ô ga o
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
ogawisdom:

State your budget n we advice u

Below N1million
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Babe can I have ur number? grin

Lol. Got a car for me? grin
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Cutehector(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:

Lol. Got a car for me? grin
of course wink yes
Re: Advice Needed!!! by mayor2013: 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:

Yeah, Rav4, maybe that 2002 small cute model. That looks like a solid car. I don't want something that would be taking me to the mechanic all the time.

As your lord pleases wink as for your budget you would be looking at a nigerian used Rav4 then. So you finally settling with that?
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
mayor2013:

As your lord pleases wink as for your budget you would be looking at a nigerian used Rav4 then. So you finally settling with that?

Yeah, Nigerian used. Yeah I guess so, but I've got till Oct/Nov to make up my mind.
Re: Advice Needed!!! by mayor2013: 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Avalanche. Oga Gazzuzz. You want her swerving her hands into every car on the road cheesy
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Lexusgs430: 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:

Yeah, Nigerian used. Yeah I guess so, but I've got till Oct/Nov to make up my mind.

I just checked my calendar, this month is February!!!!
Re: Advice Needed!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I just checked my calendar, this month is February!!!!

the car is coming to nigeria by canoe grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed!!! by Lexusgs430: 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

the car is coming to nigeria by canoe grin

You would be the captain of the canoe. Hope the canoe has a landing pad for my helicopter?
Re: Advice Needed!!! by ogawisdom(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:

Below N1million

Ur budget is too low for toks of d cars u listed except u wanna buy naija used. U will get golf 4/5 for dt range may

Anyway for 950k u can get first grade toks 2000 Toyota camry/ corolla or if u have 1.2m u will get 2001 xterra.
Re: Advice Needed!!! by mayor2013: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
IamDelilah:

Take as much time
Re: Advice Needed!!! by ayokenny37(m): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2016
pls pls and pls dont ever buy naija used EOD

IamDelilah:
Good Morning all,

I intend to buy a Nigerian used car/suv by the end of this year, and I can't seem to make up my mind on the brand. I'm looking at the following:

Honda EOD (or the coupé)
Volkswagen Golf 4 or 5

The roads I ply aren't so bad. The reason I mentioned SUV is because I'm pretty small (5ft3), and even in a baby boy, I can't see beyond the steering, I have to sit on a pillow. SUVs are high, so I'll have a clear view.

Thank you smiley
Re: Advice Needed!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
cheesy ewooooo. Why though?

ayokenny37:
pls pls and pls dont ever buy naija used EOD

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Invest About ₦2,500,000 In Uber Lagos. / 5 Ways To Know More Than Your Car Mechanic / What Car Do I Buy??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.