Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town (24410 Views)

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> / The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice one investnow2013 even though I'm Yoruba.i like what you do

It's hard to be critical of those derailing the thread after seeing what did to the Ogun state thread

Great job regardless

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Obosi

5 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by SalC: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Op is Owelleaja part of Obosi? If yes please get some pix from that area.
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
SalC:
Op is Owelleaja part of Obosi? If yes please get some pix from that area.
Yes!

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by IGBOPRINCE: 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
NRIPRIEST:
Seriously,quit being ignorant and do a little research...Obosi did not originate from Arochukwu....What sort of nonsense is that?

There is no town in Anambra founded by non original natives. I mean,no town....Bleep this stupid thread!
if obosi didn't originate from arochukwu? Where did they originate from?
Do you think all anambra indigenes originated from nri? Remember we have igala and ndi onitsha too.

FYI, this thread ain't stupid cos of the op said obosi originate from arochukwu, is there anything wrong with that? Re they not igbo too?
Abeg chilax

5 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by SalC: 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
investnow2013:
Yes!
Chai I used to have pix I took from there. Please get some pix from there when you can. I just love that area.
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
can you tell me how many hours from onitsha to obosi? And I want to know if limca road is part of obosi too?
Originally some parts of it was Obosi Town but a lot have changed hands now!. It is still a very contentious issue!.Obosi & Onitsha are now intertwined!.Borrowmeo is part of Obosi Town!
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by DerideGull(m): 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
vivalavida:

But Orji has got bad roads the last time i went through it. When it rains,orji [/b]is a mess.
[b]Anambra
from what i learnt has got a good network of roads even in the interior hoods. Roads bring bout development

Are you talking about Orji and Obosi or Imo and Anambra? Most Nigerians seem to have one thing in mind and write another thing on a paper. I do not know if you know where Orji started with respect to Owerri town.
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
if obosi didn't originate from arochukwu? Where did they originate from?
Do you think all anambra indigenes originated from nri? Remember we have igala and ndi onitsha too.

FYI, this thread ain't stupid cos of the op said obosi originate from arochukwu, is there anything wrong with that? Re they not igbo too?
Abeg chilax
D

What you have in Anambra are migrants not founders....Obosi are related to Ojoto and the Ezechime clan and as far as we know Ezechime and Ojoto were not founded by Arochukwu....We are neighbors with Ojoto and Obosi and Umu-Okodu know the history of these people and it has absolutely no relationship with Arochukwu....This is lazy and pitiful....I have no respect for a grown man who doesn't know his origin.

2 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Pwayne2016(m): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Almost the towns in Idemili are from Arochukwu,just google about Nkpor,Umuoji,Abatete and many oda towns in Idemili u wil notice dey all came from Arochukwu,reason was because of Oba of Benin who was de greatest king that time bt wen they came Present day Onitsha dey noticed dat der was already formed town wich is present day Onitsha wit their Igala wives because dat time Igbos inter married wit Igala e.g Iguedo of Ogbunike and Anum Ubosi of Ogidi..check de towns dat shares de same border wit Onitsha dey ar from Arochukwu except Towns from Oyi

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Schematics: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
NRIPRIEST, is from Idemili so you cannot know his area more than him. He is versed in culture and history, so calm down and learn something from him. Besides commonsense should tell you that all parts of Anambra and beyond were founded by the Nri dynasty.

Pwayne2016:
[s][/s] Almost the towns in Idemili are from Arochukwu,just google about Nkpor,Umuoji,Abatete and many oda towns in Idemili u wil notice dey all came from Arochukwu,reason was because of Oba of Benin who was de greatest king that time bt wen they came Present day Onitsha dey noticed dat der was already formed town wich is present day Onitsha wit their Igala wives because dat time Igbos inter married wit Igala e.g Iguedo of Ogbunike and Anum Ubosi of Ogidi..check de towns dat shares de same border wit Onitsha dey ar from Arochukwu except Towns from Oyi
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Obosi

2 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by chigoizie7(m): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
investnow2013:
A lot is going on in Anambra villages!. I am opening this thread for us to explore & appraise some of these economic,social & political development in these villages using Obosi as a case study!

Op thanks for this piece.

I am from obosi too.
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Pwayne2016(m): 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Schematics:
NRIPRIEST, is from Idemili so you cannot know his area more than him. He is versed in culture and history, so calm down and learn something from him. Besides commonsense should tell you that all parts of Anambra and beyond were founded by the Nri dynasty.

NRIPRIEST is from Nri town while i am from Ogidi in Idemili,, i google about My town and Idemili towns and i noticed dat we came from Arochukwu and dats de reason we have our own dialect version of Igbo

2 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
investnow2013:
Originally some parts of it was Obosi Town but a lot have changed hands now!. It is still a very contentious issue!.Obosi & Onitsha are now intertwined!.Borrowmeo is part of Obosi Town!

No,you ffuucks let Onicha people steal all your lands,which people use to mock and deride you Obosi people, same with Nkpor who are trying to drag lands with us...And now you can't even point where your ancestors came from.

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pwayne2016:
NRIPRIEST is from Nri town while i am from Ogidi in Idemili,, i google about My town and Idemili towns and i noticed dat we came from Arochukwu and dats de reason we have our own dialect version of Igbo

Just Negodu;,Nigga I am a bona fide Okodu boy and we live right in the heart of Idenmili....And for you to say that Ogidi is from Arochukwu is an insult to people like Pazienza....Infact,don't even say such thing again because Obosi is like my home....We have a lot of relatives there...And I can promise you that Arochukwu bullzshit will not stand on any arguement.

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Schematics: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
What you wrote is fallacy. Ask some elders in your place, they will enlighten you better on this instead of spreading false information here.

Pwayne2016:

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by chigoizie7(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Nna, the matter tie wrapper o. Here are two other pix from Nzam, Anambra West Local Government of the same Anambra state. The third pix from Nnewi-ichi, fourth is a compound in Ebonyi. It's ok to promote aesthetically pleasing areas of your region or state, but in the process be careful not to make careless statements coz you don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Lolz, if you want to tell yourself the truth, u will know that there is a difference between a house in the farm and the house in the main town. In anambra west, I don't know about ebonyi, but I ve lived in anambra west, courtesy INEC registration 2011. In their main town, it is 100 1 storey building as againts 2 bungalows.

In your pictures, those pic are an example of a farm settlement, they have such houses because they live mostly in the farm.
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
@Pwayne2016,my user name is a tribute to the original Umunri clan where Okodu(progenitor of Umu-Okodu clan comprising of Abatete,Umuoji and Umu Idike/Nkpor) migrated from. And you should know there is no town in Anambra called Nri what you have is Nri towns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Abagworo(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
vivalavida:
Investnow2013,i love the way you project Anambra on this forum. God bless you

Some in imo state my home state should start something like this.

Ujoatu and Abagworo are sycophants who only care about that fat ass in douglas house.

Someone should take up the mantle and showcase my state. Do it like this guy does. Focus on one area at a time. We have our strong points which is tourism and entertainment. Focus on those areas. Create threads about investment opportunities in imo state. Showcase the development of villages/town one at a time.
I believe someone will. Happy sunday

I have tried but people like you look for ways to discourage me because you hate Okorocha. Instead of contributing you start a fight.

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Abagworo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
DerideGull:

What Obosi is to Onicha is what Orji is to Owerri. I guess you cannot compare today's Orji with Obosi. Orji has grown into a capital city too.

Increased housing leading to joining of hitherto separate towns is normal but in some circumstances the later urbanised one allows itself to be part of the other. As at 1996 Nekede, Orji, Egbu, Ubomiri and Mbieri were quite distinct settlements from Owerri but today even Irette is urbanised.

The difference between the 2 cases is that Obosi can never accept being under Onitsha and vice versa while Orji and Egbu have accepted being part of Owerri who in fact is even their offshoot..
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Pwayne2016(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
NRIPRIEST:
@Pwayne2016,my user name is a tribute to the original Umunri clan where Okodu(progenitor of Umu-Okodu clan comprising of Abatete,Umuoji and Umu Idike/Nkpor) migrated from. And you should know there is no town in Anambra called Nri what you have is Nri towns.
ok bro if u believe so coz i hav just told u mine
Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by Schematics: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
Dunce, go to your useless Imo state thread and continue your useless comments. We do not need your worthless comments here. We will soon move over to the Imo thread to continue this from there. Go and focus on your useless State and leave us alone, we have nothing in common with you nor where you come from.

[s]
Abagworo:

Increased housing leading to joining of hitherto separate towns is normal but in some circumstances the later urbanised one allows itself to be part of the other. As at 1996 Nekede, Orji, Egbu, Ubomiri and Mbieri were quite distinct settlements from Owerri but today even Irette is urbanised.

The difference between the 2 cases is that Obosi can never accept being under Onitsha and vice versa while Orji and Egbu have accepted being part of Owerri who in fact is even their offshoot..
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pwayne2016:
ok bro if u believe so coz i hav just told u mine

Guy,you are sick in the head....Ogidi has no drop of Arochukwu culture in their history,culture or traditions. You don't know anything about Ogidi yet you claim to come from there. Arochukwu people migrated to Anambra region after the fall of the confederate in the 184th century and by this time all Anambra towns were established.....Aros are foreigners in Anambra...Stop sticking your nose into what you know absolutely nothing about....da ffuuck!

2 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by agadez007(m): 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Almost the towns in Idemili are from Arochukwu,just google about Nkpor,Umuoji,Abatete and many oda towns in Idemili u wil notice dey all came from Arochukwu,reason was because of Oba of Benin who was de greatest king that time bt wen they came Present day Onitsha dey noticed dat der was already formed town wich is present day Onitsha wit their Igala wives because dat time Igbos inter married wit Igala e.g Iguedo of Ogbunike and Anum Ubosi of Ogidi..check de towns dat shares de same border wit Onitsha dey ar from Arochukwu except Towns from Oyi
@ bold,this is a fallacy,please
i am from idemili LGA too,nd i dont see any Aro influence whatever in my town,,and i dont think Obosi met Onitsha at the present day onitsha-Land instead it was Onitsha that migrated and met Obosians on ground,,many lands which onitsha occupy today are actually Obosi/idemili land

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 12:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Orbit Hotel Obosi

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 12:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Sir Emeka Anyaku is an Indigene of Obosi.

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 12:57am On Feb 08, 2016
Multi Billion Electrical Market Obosi

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 8:27am On Feb 12, 2016
Obosi

2 Likes

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 8:29am On Feb 12, 2016
Ugwuagba Obosi

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2016
Limca road is part of Obosi

1 Like

Re: The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town by investnow2013: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Some Cars For Sale @ the Multi billion Mgbuka Market Obosi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Age Cheat: Sack Ayade As Governor - PDP To Supreme Court / Fayose And Wife, Feyisetan's Throwback Photos / PDP Supporter Collapses At Party Secretariat As Atiku Receives Certificate (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.