Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,462 members, 7,812,412 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> (6448 Views)

Which Nigerian State Can Surpass Lagos In Terms Of Development In The Future? / The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu / The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oba, Anambra
(Redirected from Oba, Idemili, Nigeria)
Location in Nigeria
Coordinates: 6°4′N 6°50′E
Country Nigeria
State Anambra State
Oba is a town in Nigeria. It was formerly the headquarters of the Idemili-South Local Government Area in Anambra State and lies approximately 7 kilometers south of Onitsha along the old Owerri-Onitsha Trunk A Road.

The present traditional King of Oba town is Igwe Peter C Ezenwa.

Geography

To the north is the Idemili River and the neighboring towns of Nkpor and Umuoji. To the south is the Ekulu River and the towns of Oraifite and Akwu-Ukwu. To the east are the towns of Ojoto and Ichi and to the west is the Ose River and the towns of Obosi and Odekpe.

Attractions Edit

Oba has 9 villages so many sites of attraction which include The Rojenny Games Village, Tansian University, Ogba Spring. Oba Airport (under construction), So many hotels and banks. Due to its strategic location, being sandwiched between the commercial city of Onitsha and the industrial city of Nnewi both cities are less than 5 minutes drive from Oba. An international market (Anambra International Trade Centre) is currently under construction in Oba, the market when completed would consist of 25,000 lock-up stores with modern amenities like fire service, schools, police posts, 24/7 power supply amongst others and will also pride itself as the largest market in West Africa. Oba has turned into a modern urban town with a population of over 300,000 inhabitants. Oba is part of the Greater Onitsha City as designated by the United Nations.

The Biafran Republic army settled in Oba as their last frontier following the fall of Onitsha. Oba was never in the hands of the Nigerian Army until the end of the war.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by meezynetwork(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
So?
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oba Town is a Town to watch in the next five years as far as development is concerned!.There are everything you can ask for in this town, be it Massive land area,Population, Roads, Schools, Banks, University, Politechnic, Police barracks, Leisure centres,Market etc!.(pic) Rojenny Games Village Oba!.

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by igwe123: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
waiting for pics
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Ofodirinwa: 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
Oba was who's last frontier?
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Chigold101(m): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Oba Town is a Town to watch in the next five years as far as development is concerned!.There are everything you can ask for in this town, be it Massive land area,Population, Roads, Schools, Banks, University, Politechnic, Police barracks, Leisure centres,Market etc!.(pic) Rojenny Games Village Oba!.
if Oba town is one of the towns to watch in the next five years, it means Oba is already a failed city.
One would think that by now Oba would have been competing with Nnewi in industrialization. It is a BIG pity that Oba business men a just traders who are so myopic in what they do.
Oba Int‘l market which was proposed over 20years ago is yet to take off while Ogidi which was nothing before Peter Obi is now a business hub abd towns around it are benefiting from its markets & other littles industries.
Go to Alaba international and see how Oba people dominate the electronic market & yet they couldnt support Oba electronic market which has evolved and answered so many names depending on who is the Governor of Anambra state.
I so much have respect for Nnewi people who import goods from anywhere in the world & take it to their home town. Then people from all over Nigeria would travel to Nnewi to buy same good and take back to a place like Lagos.
Oba airport is still under construction, which construction? Obiano is talking of building airport around Anambra East/west area. Oba airport is a forgoten issue because Oba has rich but unwise men.
If they had supported the government of Anambra state (past & present) to bring in electronic companies who would build their industries in Oba as it is in Nnewi, that airport would have been a reality.

OP my advise to u will be this...: stop hyping Oba, they are far behind their potantial. Tell Obe men & women to come home & build industries in Oba (electronic) so that eyes would shift from Ogidi, Nkpor, Nkwelle etc to that side.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Institute(Politechnic) Oba Anambra State!.

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Oba!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Lots of building Works @ the institute!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Chigold101:
if Oba town is one of the towns to watch in the next five years, it means Oba is already a failed city.
One would think that by now Oba would have been competing with Nnewi in industrialization. It is a BIG pity that Oba business men a just traders who are so myopic in what they do.
Oba Int‘l market which was proposed over 20years ago is yet to take off while Ogidi which was nothing before Peter Obi is now a business hub abd towns around it are benefiting from its markets & other littles industries.
Go to Alaba international and see how Oba people dominate the electronic market & yet they couldnt support Oba electronic market which has evolved and answered so many names depending on who is the Governor of Anambra state.
I so much have respect for Nnewi people who import goods from anywhere in the world & take it to their home town. Then people from all over Nigeria would travel to Nnewi to buy same good and take back to a place like Lagos.
Oba airport is still under construction, which construction? Obiano is talking of building airport around Anambra East/west area. Oba airport is a forgoten issue because Oba has rich but unwise men.
If they had supported the government of Anambra state (past & present) to bring in electronic companies who would build their industries in Oba as it is in Nnewi, that airport would have been a reality.

OP my advise to u will be this...: stop hyping Oba, they are far behind their potantial. Tell Obe men & women to come home & build industries in Oba (electronic) so that eyes would shift from Ogidi, Nkpor, Nkwelle etc to that side.
Oba do not need its people to be pro-active per se because Oba is attracting on its own investments here & there even without it's indigene's involvement!. It would have been great if they get involved, but you know that they are at the moment enjoying billions of Naira from Land sales which can also be a hinderance in a way if not properly managed!.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Institute Oba

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
More!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Institute

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by cremedelacreme: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
Investnow, please keep the pictures coming. Make sure you cover the areas behind Rojenny, lots of Estates springing up in that area. I have some pictures of Oba and would upload them once I log on to my laptop. Daalu rinne.
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
G

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by ak47mann(m): 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Is that a secondary school cool
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by cremedelacreme: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
ak47mann:

Yeah, Grundtvig is a secondary school. cool
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Chigold101(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Oba do not need its people to be pro-active per se because Oba is attracting on its own investments here & there even without it's indigene's involvement!. It would have been great if they get involved, but you know that they are at the moment enjoying billions of Naira from Land sales which can also be a hinderance in a way if not managed properly!.
how will say that Oba does need its own people? You are so funny.
If you actually read my comment very well you will see where i wrote that Oba is perfoming below her potential.
Oba is about 30years behind in development compared with other towns that came after her in development.
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
Source undecided
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
ak47mann:
Grundtvig Institute is a tertiary institution owned by the Grundtvig Movement of Nigeria, a non-profit non-governmental organisation (NGO) registered by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Act Cap. 98. Grundtvig Institute was founded in the year 1984 by Dr. Kachi E. Ozumba.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
cremedelacreme:

Yeah, Grundtvig is a secondary school. cool
Secondary School+Vocational Training+Politechnic & affiated to Delta State University Abraka for degrees courses!... They are planning of being a full fredge University in not distance time!.They are backed by Danish govt!.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Chigold101:
how will say that Oba does need its own people? You are so funny.
If you actually read my comment very well you will see where i wrote that Oba is perfoming below her potential.
Oba is about 30years behind in development compared with other towns that came after her in development.
Please read again what I wrote & see that I did not mean that Oba do not need their indigenes, but I was trying to differentiate them to Nnewi People who are very Special people & faced a different challenge when compared to Oba!.Nnewi people brought development to their town,but Oba find development coming to them in which they did not contribute much to it!. Nnewi did not have the luxisary of selling land like Oba & in the process making Billions of Money!.I did say that it can be an advantage if properly managed, in the other hand, kill off any innovative spirit & in the end produce lazy youths!. You need to ask our own Obosi about this!.Nigeria is another example of this!,with a huge Oil wealth in which they are busy selling,but useless in any productive venture!.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Institute are very good In all technical & vocational training that can make a person self reliant or independent!(pic) Students & their products!. This school can produce all the cloths, bags, belts,Shoes etc sold in Onitsha Main Market! If encouraged by the businessmen & Women or even Anambra govt!.

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
More!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Oba Anambra State!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Yyeske(m): 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Chigold101:

Stop denigrating Oba, you wouldn't tell me that the towns you mentioned were all developed by natives? Onitsha has enveloped all these towns so what's your problem. I'm from Awka but living in Onitsha but that doesn't mean only Awka natives developed Awka.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by Yyeske(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Investnow, give me more pix abeg, we no send these bad belle people. They hate any progress in Anambra.
Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Grundtvig Oba!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Students of Grundtvig Institute @ Rojenny Stadium Oba Anambra State!.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rojenny Stadium Oba

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by investnow2013: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hotels are many in Oba @ the last count, I was told it is now 30!

Re: The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> by cremedelacreme: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Hotels are many in Oba @ the last count, I was told it is now 30!

Yeah, this is just the event hall of Nellys Newtown Hotel and Suites Oba. The hotel is massive and one of the best in Anambra state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Meaning Of BUHARI / Aba Is Not As Bad As Some Want Us To Believe. / Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.