Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies (1315 Views)

Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / Sacked MD Approves Multi Million Loan For Allies; Backdates Records / Wike's Key PDP Allies Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by thiagocrush: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
We share boundary, we intermarry, we both use nsibidi, we have the same body features. There are many more but I leave them to you guys

Pls identify if you are part of these ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
wrong..we are not one we are Igbos and they are Ibibios and Efik, we dont speak the same language.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by thiagocrush: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Modified
Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by thiagocrush: 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
ovadoze:
wrong..we are not one we are Igbos and they are Ibibios and Efik, we dont speak the same language.

When I wrote one, I meant oneness and not by language, i'm not wrong, you are the one wrong because you choose to see "one" as speaking the same language, you need to go back to school. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by cheruv: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Well am Igbo from ukwangwa and my paternal Grandma is Mmoŋo from Atakpa(calabar). I believe that though Igbos and Mmoŋos are of different lingos,we're very much alike in customs and traditions.
Long live Igbos and Mmoŋos

6 Likes

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by thiagocrush: 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
cheruv:
Well am Igbo from ukwangwa and my paternal Grandma is Mmoŋo from Atakpa(calabar). I believe that though Igbos and Mmoŋos are of different lingos,we're very much alike in customs and traditions.

Long live igbos and efik/ibibios

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
cheruv:

May your shriveled lungs be bloated with toxic fumes for referring to the Akwa-Cross people as "Mmonos".

You egocentric, dimwitted leeches always start controversies that would consume you. Little wonder you're hated by the Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws and, now, the Akwa-Cross people. Worthless piece of trash!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
thiagocrush:

When I wrote one, I meant oneness and not by language, im not wrong, you are the one wrong because you choose to see one as speaking the same language, you need to go back to school. Nonsense!
I agree that I need to go back to school maybe to do my PhD, I've been postponing it....you just wrote rubbish in ur defence of the oneness. I was expecting a thorough and exhaustive explanation of the oneness of igbos Ibibios and efik.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by thiagocrush: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
ovadoze:

I agree that I need to go back to school maybe to do my PhD, I've been postponing it....you just wrote rubbish in ur defence of the oneness. I was expecting a thorough and exhaustive explanation of the oneness of igbos Ibibios and efik.

Really, maybe because I don't wanna waste my time, we all knw at the end of the day, this topic will be sent to nairaland archives never to be resurected again. Now does that answer your question. I.diot!
Re: Igbos And Efik/ibibio Are brothers and allies by cheruv: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

May your shriveled lungs be bloated with toxic fumes for referring to the Akwa-Cross people as "Mmonos".

You egocentric, dimwitted leeches always start controversies that would consume you. Little wonder you're hated by the Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws and, now, the Akwa-Cross people. Worthless piece of trash!
Mmm...
My Grandma died in 2006...when she was alive, she herself told us that she's Mmoŋo!!
But seriously, what does Mmoŋo meanundecided kos from my investigations it seems the name originated from the Mmoŋo themselves

(1) (Reply)

Trump Takes A Swipe At Nigeria And PMB! / Funny Tweet Reply From NEPA See Pic / Wike In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.