Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen (1330 Views)

Piers Morgan Disses David Beckham, Michael Owen Over PSG Salary To Charity / Striker Michael Owen Signs Two-year Contract At Manchester United / Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by kokonets(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2009
Manu have decided to buy Micheal Owen
United have been searching for a new forward since the departure of Carlos Tevez at the end of his loan deal. They had been linked with the likes of Karim Benzema and David Villa, but now it seems Owen will be arriving.

The 29-year-old suffered an injury-ravaged time at St James' Park but still managed to score 10 goals as the Magpies dropped out of the Premier League.

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker will be hoping a move to Old Trafford will push him back into the thoughts of England coach Fabio Capello ahead of next summer's World Cup finals.

United's policy is not to comment on transfer stories, but some Red Devils' messageboards have been lighting up with negative comments.

''Not happy. From what I've seen he is nowhere near as good as he was,'' was one; while another discontented fan lamented: ''Owen hasnt been the same for years!''
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by soulamanne(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2009
i looked thru d thread and was almost goin to post a new topic on it before i stormed this.good tht

on the issue,i think it is a good biz for man.u.when i first saw d news i was so mas at fergie but when it dawned on me it is a free trans based on a pay as u play plan,then it is good biz.it is win win for both man.u and owen.he wont be what weknow him for in the past but he will cliq and the fact that thr wont be much pressure on him will make hm perform(at least no price tag).but this is no replacement for tevvy and ron and he needs us more than we need him.the gamble is a genius one from whoelse,baba but to me we ve nt really signed nobody.no thanx to perez.
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2009
Out of all signings, Michael Owen?
Bad news for Rooney.
If Fergie don't mind, the blues could
offer him Ben Sahar or Synclair for 20 million pounds
at least they could run faster than the old man
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by Tatase(f): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2009
When I heard, I too as a United fan was horrified and outraged, but then I found out he's a free transfer and we're barely paying him any money (he'll be one of the lowest paid at the club but with the opportunity for scoring bonuses) and I suppose its not that bad. Worst case he can keep Hargreaves company in the sick bay or make up the numbers in training. Maybe he'll even score one or two. At least he's cheap and the expectations are not high. Not like with <clears throat> Berbatov.
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by kokonets(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2009
Well, the coach knows best though I am not a MU fan i decided to post this, if the guy is injury free he might be able to contribute just like Larson did 2 seasons ago!
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by tayoccu(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2009
Owen is not Larson,
sorry to say this but owen is a waste, he didn't perform @ new castle where he played just 3 competitions (i think),how on earth will he perform @ united?

i think sir alex goofed on this one.
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by deb(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
Obafemi by now should be realizing the disadvantage of being a black man playing football.
When you get good offer as a black footballer from africa, you don't put in sentiments in the name of
club loyalty.

Owen for Man U, Low lifer stock gunning for Martins. sad
Re: Breaking News! Manu Buy Micheal Owen by deb(m): 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2009
How does it matterif it was a free signing. The simple fact is that he is now with a great club
MAN U not stoke

(1) (Reply)

Does Erik Lamela "Rabona" Goal Deserve a Puskas Award? / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted 2010-11 La Liga Player Of The Season So Far / Fa Cup:man Utd Vs Liverpool,on Sunday 9 January 2011 14:30 Gmt(2:30pm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.