Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien (11550 Views)

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoint Nigerian Micheal Emenalo As Assistant Coach / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: / Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by khanye(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2009
Who is the best

Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by yousouph(m): 11:25am On May 01, 2009
Definetely Michael Essien is better
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by kayality: 12:36pm On May 01, 2009
They are different in playing on the pitch
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by switch47(m): 2:12pm On May 01, 2009
Common!!! Essien is on cheap drugs!! grin grin
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Krayola(m): 4:57pm On May 01, 2009
I have to agree that Essien is a better DM. He is faster and much more aggressive, is as technically gifted as Yaya, and is a natural DM. Yaya is a CM/AM that Rijkaard converted to a DM. He has an aerial advantage because of his height, and has excellent vision and technique, but is careless at times because he will rather try to force a dangerous pass, or beat his marker, than just clear the ball into no mans land. Essien no send,  him go send the ball and the player go 20th row.

BUT,  Yaya is more suited to Barca because our other CMs are midgets so his size is a must. He allows Xavi and Iniesta the freedom to roam all over the place. His range of passes helps maintain our fluidity and on his day can really be a beast. But as an all round DM I don't think he would suit any other team except Arsenal.  He is a very good CM though and is surprisingly good at beating players.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by FBS: 9:27am On May 04, 2009
Essien is the King. wink
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by mukina2: 11:36am On May 04, 2009
FBS
you wish angry
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Jarus(m): 11:58am On May 04, 2009
Yaya is a great player, but I will prefer to have Essien in my team because he's a utility player. He can play in different positions, untiring, and very hardworking. Having an Essien in a team is like having 3 players. Muntari would have been a nearer comparison with Essien in terms of style of play.

Yaya plays neater football, and is more suited for a team like Barca. But If I'm to choose one for my team, I will choose Essien.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by chidichris(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2009
if it is in beauty context, i will give it to yaya toure bcs he i handsome and tall and i know women will preffer him.
if we are talking about that round leather game, the name starts with e s s i e n
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 04, 2009
For Arsenal . . .Yaya Toure is a must.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Phony200(m): 8:39pm On May 04, 2009
Sexy doesn't win games. Essien any day and time.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by eldee(m): 9:11pm On May 04, 2009
In my opinion, Essien's absence is the main factor behind Scolari's flop at Chelsea
Now he's being judged even when he didn't have one of his teams most important players
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by kaypumpin2(m): 9:24pm On May 04, 2009
Essien !
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by invisible2(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2009
What has Yaya got on Essien? Essien is the king, the strongest link in Chelsea.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by lailai2(m): 3:05am On May 05, 2009
looking for muki's trouble

they both suited to different teams
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Meldrick(m): 3:33pm On May 05, 2009
What a comparison. How would you do this. Certainly Essien. He is good. I mean GOOOOOD
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Ibime(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2009
Yaya is technically way better than Essien, but the fact remains that Essien is a better player.

Yaya's tracking of runs is very poor. This may not show that much at Barca where they play a high line and dominate possession but faced with someone like Lamps or Gerrard running beyond, Yaya would not be able to track the run, unlike Essien. Check the first 5 minutes of Barca vs Chelsea last week. Lampard only got up once and Yaya simply could not track his run, leading to a shot by Lampard. Luckily for Yaya, Lamps spent the rest of the game in his own half trying to stymy Iniesta and Xavi's attacks. Yaya Toure is simply inert! He lacks the reaction time and players often run beyond him without opposition.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by khanye(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2009
After the game at SB between Chelsea and barca who did a well done job among the two players
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by eyonigger(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2009
Toure ofcourse.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by bollingjoe(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2009
Toure is technically better than essien in all counts except in the case of speed where essien is faster.Look toure is the closest replica to veira
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Ccomputers(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2009
YAYA TOURE IS THE BEST OF COURSE.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by dipo2much(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2009
if you talk of yaya,essien and me,then I am the best.
But if you talk of yaya and essien,then there is no best but essien is better
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by switch47(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2009
OH MY GOD!! Did Una see YAYA's goal yesterday?? First he was wakaring somehow b4 the pass. then the pass came The the gist was YAYA BECAME MESSI

Touré becomes Messi

Barça’s pressure was causing more and more concern to Athletic, whose lines were pushed further and further back. Barça were evidently more composed, and got their reward on the half hour. The unexpected protagonist was Touré, playing today at centre back. In an individual move displaying both skill and strength the Ivorian advanced from midfield and slalomed around three defenders before sending a low, powerful drive straight into the bottom right hand corner of the goal, just beyond the reach of Bilbao stopper Gorka.

The two goals were a reflection of the respective styles of the two teams, Bilbao scoring from a corner and showing their superiority in the air, while Barça’s was a display of sheer skill and flair. The sides went in at the break in very different moods. Barça’s goal had knocked the wind out of the Basques, while Barça could even have gone in as leaders if Alves’ well-taken long range free kick had hit the target

Where is Essien- am still looking for him o. i cant find him!! www.switch47..com
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by FBS: 10:10am On May 14, 2009
Essien is a beast. Far bera.
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by switch47(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2009
OH MY GOD!! Did Una see YAYA's goal yesterday?? First he was wakaring somehow b4 the pass. then the pass came The the gist was YAYA BECAME MESSI

Touré becomes Messi

Barça’s pressure was causing more and more concern to Athletic, whose lines were pushed further and further back. Barça were evidently more composed, and got their reward on the half hour. The unexpected protagonist was Touré, playing today at centre back. In an individual move displaying both skill and strength the Ivorian advanced from midfield and slalomed around three defenders before sending a low, powerful drive straight into the bottom right hand corner of the goal, just beyond the reach of Bilbao stopper Gorka.

The two goals were a reflection of the respective styles of the two teams, Bilbao scoring from a corner and showing their superiority in the air, while Barça’s was a display of sheer skill and flair. The sides went in at the break in very different moods. Barça’s goal had knocked the wind out of the Basques, while Barça could even have gone in as leaders if Alves’ well-taken long range free kick had hit the target

Where is Essien- am still looking for him o. i cant find him!! www.switch47..com
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by mukina2: 12:27pm On May 14, 2009
Yaya's goal was superb kiss
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by Basics007: 2:20am On Jan 12, 2012
This thread was put up 3yrs ago and majority then went for Essien. I wonder if that's still the case now. Seriously i doubt it.
Seeing Yaya week in week out in the premiership has opened my eyes to how awesome he is. And also the fact that Essien has been out for so long i've even forgot how good he is . Yaya for me
Re: Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien by mukina2: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2012
tankyu O

Yaya T Is It cool

(1) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Manchester City - UCL (2 - 3) On 10th December 2013 / Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 2nd October 2021 / West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.