Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Indian Girl From Jharkhand Sold For-rs-1-lakh Rupees($2000)-raped Tortured - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indian Girl From Jharkhand Sold For-rs-1-lakh Rupees($2000)-raped Tortured (661 Views)

Student Tortured At Okoh Poly Over Food Theft: The Real Story / Obituary Poster Of A 10-Year-Old Boy Beaten, Tortured And Starved To Death / Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indian Girl From Jharkhand Sold For-rs-1-lakh Rupees($2000)-raped Tortured by 9ijaNews: 12:08am On Feb 08, 2016
Authorities have rescued a raped and tortured Jharkhand teenager who was sold to a Haryana family as part of a bride business that’s booming in the northwestern state because of its skewed sex ratio amid rampant female foeticide.

An agent sold 15-year-old Sunita (name changed) for Rs 1 lakh and she was forced to marry a man 30 years older.

Every night for nine months, her husband and father-in-law returned home inebriated, beat her with belts and shoes and sexually abused her, the girl said.

“I woke up each morning with bruises on my body. I begged them to let me go back to my mother, but they just enjoyed my misery,” she added.

The yawning gender gap and entrenched feudalism in states like Haryana, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh are fuelling a flourishing trade in women trafficked from the poverty-ridden villages of Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam and Odisha.

full story below:

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/newsindia/jharkhand-girl-soldg-for-rs-1-lakh-raped-tortured-for-nine-months/ar-BBpcL98?li=AAgfYGb&ocid=mailsignoutmd

Re: Indian Girl From Jharkhand Sold For-rs-1-lakh Rupees($2000)-raped Tortured by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2016
tongue
Re: Indian Girl From Jharkhand Sold For-rs-1-lakh Rupees($2000)-raped Tortured by jejemanito: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2016
If Bubu was their Presido, he would have gone to United Nations Assembly to tell the whole world his citizens were rapists

(1) (Reply)

Police In Enugu Found Unexploded Ordinance At A Building Site (photo) / (Pic) Navy Arrests Pirates, Recovers Oil Tanker / How I Escaped Fraudsters inside Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.