Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,636 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims (49562 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Man In Adamawa, Pluck Out His 2 Eyes (Graphic Photos) / Bauchi Friends Pluck Out Eyes Of Their Friend (Photo) / Lady Who Bit Thumb Of FRSC Official In Lagos Taken To Mobile Court (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by Islie: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Nigerian Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of Road Safety Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Road Victim Being Tortured

An official of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Segun Enikuemehin, who dared to ask some military men who were assaulting a civilian to desist from such a dastardly act is currently at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) with one of his eyes totally damaged.

The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon when Mr. Enikuemehin came upon the military men beating a harmless civilian. Convinced that the military officials would beat the man to death if nothing was done, he reportedly walked up the angry soldiers and pleaded that they let the man go or hand him over to the police if he had done something illegal.

The military men would not take such effrontery lightly as they descended on the Good Samaritan and started beating him as well.

But not even the beating from the soldiers would discourage him, and he managed amidst his own beating to rescue the already battered man, whom he then took to the Adekunle Police station at Ebute Metta.

Our sources say that thereafter, Mr. Enikuemehin led the police back to the venue of the incident. Upon sighting him in the company of the policemen, the soldiers, who were by that time already cooling off at a nearby beer parlor, became even enraged and descended on Mr. Enikuemehin, during which they eye was plucked out.

The damaged eye was reportedly picked from the ground and the man rushed down to the General Hospital. Rejected upon arrival by that hospital, the blinded man reportedly asked that he be taken to LUTH.

Meanwhile, the soldiers, upon realizing what they had done, were said to have taken to their heels but were overtaken by residents and handed over to the police.

The story got messier when a relative of the stabbed Federal Road Safety Officer went back to the police station only to find that the military men had already been released by the police. While still digesting that development, one of the accused soldiers walked into the station in the company of a senior officer who was identified as Captain Okoli.

Speaking to SaharaReporters, Mr. Enikuemehin’s Uncle, Prince Ojatunwse Oluwajoba, said the DPO of Adekunle Police Station informed him when he got there that the soldier who stabbed his nephew had been handed over to the military authorities. He said that soldier, who had been in civilian clothes when the incident happened, arrived at the police station with Captain Okoli to collect his identity card and other personal effects that had been taken from him at the station.

According to Mr. Oluwajobaa, doctors at LUTH are now saying his nephew’s left eye has been completely damaged and that the second eye might be affected as well if proper medical care is not given.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/15/nigerian-soldiers-pluck-out-eye-road-safety-official-who-pleaded-mercy-road-victim-being

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by kossyablaze(m): 7:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Nawa o... U see y I hate 9ja soldiers?They are highly unethical. Just cuz he pleaded on someones behalf.... They should be bundled to Sambisa war front angry

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by zinachidi(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2016
trust me, If I've learnt anything in this Nigeria. its to mind my own business.

#justwakapass.

if he did that he wouldn't have been one eyed john now.

Pele shaa....

meanwhile..

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by kettykin: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2016
This is Nigeria military for you, if the same people were to meet another armed group the story would be so different .

From starving women and children during the uncivil war to shooting unarmed protesters praying in Aba, to brutally assaulting 84 year old tompolo father, to blinding a road safety officer.
God deliver us from the spirit of hypocrisy

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by FvckShiT(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2016
These guys truly deserve to be in the fücking sambisa forest

Gangbänging Bokoharam angry

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Package them and send them to the heart of Sambisa forest. Let them display their combat skill there. It will be a grave insult if these useless soldiers end up in jail.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by femolacqua(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2016
That's a damn cold treatment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2016
But not even the beating from the soldiers would discourage him, and he managed amidst his own beating to rescue the already battered man, whom he then took to the Adekunle Police station at Ebute Metta
Our sources say that thereafter, Mr. Enikuemehin led the police back to the venue of the incident. Upon sighting him in the company of the policemen, the soldiers, who were by that time already cooling off at a nearby beer parlor, became even enraged and descended on Mr. Enikuemehin, during which they eye was plucked out.
Seriously, I think he has watched too much movies. How would he have expected Police to arrest Soldiers in a country where Soldiers see Policemen as bloody civilians?

Sad and Painful...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by Ridwan1821: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Y is it that military operatives always treat civilians like this.. Eleyi gidi gan ooo

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by jaymejate: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2016
[size=14pt]You don't need to swear for them, their judgment de Boko Haram hand. E de come soon[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by ijustdey: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2016
the military men showing their animalistic tendency......

they believe they are above the law.

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by Fkforyou(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Aah...na horrible news. Front page don sure.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by osemoses1234(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2016
No use soldiers play ooooo dem no get joy
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by lateef1993: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2016
please why do Nigeria soldiers bully the civilians? Is it der work to do dat or to prevent d civilians? I tire for everything about dis country in fact I hate soldiers with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by veekid(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
sad

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by saintkel(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
Unethical. Soldiers, so so rude nunmannered
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by NameChecker: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
ok
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by Kenneth205(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
zinachidi:
trust me, If I've learnt anything in this Nigeria. its to mind my own business.

#justwakapass.

if he did that he wouldn't have been one eyed john now.

Pele shaa....

meanwhile..

@Bolded. Same here bro
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by passionate88: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by prestige24: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
[size=13pt]Babaric! angry undecided
When will the WAI - (war against indiscipline )get to these men?

Port Harcourt residents, check my username / signature for hot apartments in PH city.....[/size]

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by ChappyChase: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
kossyablaze:
Nawa o... U see y I hate 9ja soldiers?They are highly unethical. Just cuz he pleaded on someones behalf.... They should be bundled to Sambisa war front angry
If you see them you run! No need to form Rights!!
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by WhatOnEarth: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
This is why its high time Nigerian soldiers start wearing name badge wherever they go....that way they cannot escape easily.

Why are soldiers so wicked to their fellow citizens

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by emmyid(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
I pray boko haram do justice to them!

Just wen U want to praise the soldiers for their fight against terrorism some bad eggs in the game wud just make U want to hate them with passion.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by HAH: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
There was once a law under obj banning soldiers from civilian areas, imaging they went to drink in a civilian beer parlor when offended they beat the person.

Mamy market was created solely to cater for soldiers needs, even if they are on outside duty by law they are not allowed to go anywhere even to eat as normally they will be dropped and picked up and food is delivered to them .

The FRSC or the staff or his relative should take up the case and ensure that the rogue soldiers are dismissed to serve as deterrent to others

Do you people remember the case of the lady that was brutalized by a rear admiral and his boys in lagos some years back, I learn that that incidence was what led to his retirement and he paid through his nose, all because the lady took up the case and seriously dealt with General. Always remember nobody is above the law

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by dukeprince50: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
this news is not true, I will wait for the right one, I can't believe all these.
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by ceejay80s(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
If those soldiers are not arrested and jailed, I will leave this country for good , cos there's no hope for nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by iaminspired: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by kushma(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
shocked angry what's happening in the country.
Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by soberdrunk(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
QUICK QUESTION!!! WHAT WERE THE POLICEMEN HE CAME BACK WITH DOING WHEN THE SOLDIERS WERE PLUCKING' OUT THE EYE....... THE GUY SEF 'OVERDO'! SHEBI YOU DON RESCUE THE VICTIM, YOU 4 DEY GO UR HOUSE JEJELY" NAH angry angry angry YOU BE COMMANDO?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by seguno2: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Since Buhari's return to power, their has been more atrocities by our soldiers against law enforcement officials and civilians.
Why is this so?
Is it because Buhari is not disciplined and so cannot discipline our soldiers?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Pluck Out Eye Of FRSC Official Who Pleaded Mercy For Tortured Victims by oochi123(f): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oh God! A man that left his house with everything intact is without Eyes again. Hmmm! Dnt be wicked to pple cus u never can tell wat will happen to u. What if the guy's family Go spiritual for those involved? Kai I feel for de guy..God will heal u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inside Oyo Islamic Torture House Where Children Are Caged / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Missing 8-Year-Old Boy Found Dead In A Bush With His Hands Tied. Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.