Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

"Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian (28686 Views)

Lassa Fever: 9 Die In Ondo, 36 Cases Recorded / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread / 7 Kinds Of Food You Should Be Eating To Boost Your Immune System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Dollyak(f): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2016
This surely won't go down well on this forum. One of the most ridiculous things I have heard this year

3 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Pascal181: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Just pray rat did not hear u o
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Some vagabonds will turn this to tribal war undecided
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Ajerry: 10:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Airforce1 check my signature
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by nenergy(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Garri Ijebu contain anti-lassa antibodies grin

1 Like

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by princejtb4real(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Immune you wish
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by orlarbissy(f): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmmmm, this is interesting.
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by viktor01(m): 10:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Is he saying that they are equal to the causative agents?

2 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by jidxin(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
Are they also genetically immune to laziness and dirtiness ??
stoopid nd idiotitic comment sis get sense nd apply

3 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Bluezy13(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2016
I must marry a Yoruba lady this year....
I need that trait...
My generation must have it...
;DI must marry a Yoruba lady this year....
I need that trait...
My generation must have it...
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by jidxin(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
stoopid nd idiotitic comment bros get sense nd apply

2 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by LastSurvivor: 10:57am On Feb 08, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Bros y na grin
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by abiolag(m): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Make I start to dey eat rat b dat since Lassa no fit catch me. grin I pity some people dat will believe dis. Lassa go just finish u and d prof will still av somtyn to say at d end of d day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Airforce1(m): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Ajerry:
Airforce1 check my signature

I 've checked
But didn't see a thing n your signature.
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by 9jatatafo(m): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
How authentic is the result if this research?
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by mayor2984(m): 11:00am On Feb 08, 2016
That's a nice development. Proudly Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by gigabyte13: 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
This one don kolo oooo, so the one wey kill people for Ogun state na " lesser favour" abi?

1 Like

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Babalegba(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Great, so this means I can eat a lassa rat when drinking my garri
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by SylarsMcQuins: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2016
brunofarad:
Interesting finding.
The guy above me tho.
Put off the garment of tribalism.....we can all make it together.
Peace

And where did tribalism fall under his statement?
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Walelavender(m): 11:08am On Feb 08, 2016
This kinda funny. However we need funding of research in our varsities and implementing the results to the good of humanity.
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by AreaFada2: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
If that is true it possibly means that at some point in the distant past, Yoruba people must have been exposed to Lassa virus. Perhaps even a Lassa epidemic.

Those who survived built immunity against it. The gene pool of resistant people gradually spread among the people.

However, immigrants from Benin empire, Idah, Benue, the North and other places intermarrying with Yoruba my have descendants with lesser or no immunity among current Yoruba people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by OlujobaSamuel: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
I don't believe this until other professors from other parts of the country confirm his research. Until then, we are still respecting garri and rats.
he might be right, ebola virus sample was also sent to the school for test, while our public schools na siddon look dem dey do with you can't graduate with soso result mentality.
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2016
Only those that have been dirty for ages are immune to sickness... Eg;a mad man.

Everyone knows that yoruba people are clean people grin

4 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Timijo(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
I'm proud to be a Yoruba man
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by ovation232(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=Lemon12 post=42727728] I guess yorubas are also genetically immune to Dirtiness , cultism , cowardice , laziness , brownroof-ness ?

As if no lassa case have be reported in yoruba states .[
Your Igbo father is a bastard,terrorist,drug addict,ritualist and killer.

5 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by chesterlee(m): 11:14am On Feb 08, 2016
Lmao....The Yoruba prof should try and kiss a Lassa infested rat l, let's confirm if they are immune to Lassa fever

Smh! grin

2 Likes

Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by brunofarad(m): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2016
The mods have removed the post
Check it

SylarsMcQuins:

And where did tribalism fall under his statement?
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 08, 2016
Swest naija has been the rat capital of the world, its ancestors inter bred with rats, so they are naturally resistant to rats as well as filth.
Re: "Yoruba Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus" - Prof. Christian by Jacko1(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2016
For some ppl expecting me on this kind of thread.... Well

Here i am.... So dat tribe immune to lassa fever gud gud u guys shld chop garri well well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prison Officer Commits Suicide Over Inability To Pay House Rent / Anambra Extends Lockdown, Tightens Measures, After Recording First Covid-19 Case / Foods That Benefits The Body, But Harm The Teeth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.