Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' (46217 Views)

Buhari Receives Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara Ahead Of His Trip (pics) / Buhari Takes Water As Osinbajo, Saraki And Chief Justice Take Juice (pic) / Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Ekweremadu, Dogara's Salaries In A Tabular Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Reference(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
that is why we have to support pmb to help us caught people like obj,ibb etc, without that nobody can help us.

And what is the end game in 'catching' them....I mean what does that offer the country or her citizens to make that task worthy of the Presidency or your votes for him. In plain terms, a ticket with manlfesto tag, 'OBJ/IBB Catcher' will actually draw your vote....really?...hmmm.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Johnnoo(m): 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:

No! Respect Mad People!

Bros u dey vex oooh undecided
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Archiq: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Gbam! Game has finished. Buhari sit well, your adversary is on loose.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by CallMeMadMan: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
SSpeter:
There are always hidden truths...beneath
Walahi You Are Making Some Sense Mad Man
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by 989900: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
ATEOTD, he tactfully dodged the question about investigating him too.

OTOH, between OBJ and Soyinka, I guess somebody slept with the other's woman -- they are taking this to the 'after-life' -- if there is anything like reincarnation, they should both come back as a cat and a dog.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by CallMeMadMan: 4:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
Johnnoo:

Bros u dey vex oooh undecided
No, I Dey Dance Troway My Left Yansh
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by CallMeMadMan: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
koligs:
Who is mad now in you or your moniker ?
Wait Make I Go Ask Ifa
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Johnnoo(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:

No, I Dey Dance Troway My Left Yansh

Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by millhouse: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hia
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nicepoker(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:
When A Mad Man Speaks
mad monika.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by CallMeMadMan: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nicepoker:
mad monika.
Na Which Mad City This One Crawled Out From?
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by tomdon(m): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
“I believe very much that fighting corruption just has to start from the top. That is, from the president, the vice president, the senate president, the speaker of the House, the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).”
[/b]
As the former President mentioned the Chief Justice of the Nation, one of the participants, who was later joined by others, asked him to include himself and other former presidents in the list of those to be tried for graft.

In his reaction, he said: “Did I hear somebody say and you? Oh, you mean and former presidents? Former presidents have either done their bit when they were in office or they did not.

“The instruments we are using today (to fight corruption) were all fashioned out by me when I was in office. We did not have anything like the instruments (ICPC, EFCC) before. Not only did I bring up these instruments, I also looked for the right people who could make the instruments work.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/08/begin-anti-graft-war-with-yourself-obasanjo-charges-buhari/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=twitter[/quote]

is this man saying he shouldn't be tried for corruption or what??

obasanjo should be tried for corruption!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nicepoker(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:
Na Which Mad City This One Crawled Out From?
try yaba left
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by CallMeMadMan: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nicepoker:
try yaba left
I Don Pass That Hood
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by billyG(m): 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Y did d orangutan frm Ota not probe his corrupt self b4 he jail alams,tafa Balogun wher did he got money 2 buy Transcorp,built,Ota frm,Bell Uni,presidential library,how caan pmb,osinbajo aas clean as a whistle waste time 2 probe themselves,obj is afraid b/c Haliburton,siemens scandal noose is tightening on his throat.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:
When A Mad Man Speaks
Yours sincerely OBJ is now mad because he isn't supporting BUBU.
Issorite.
Next, Osi' Baby will soon join us, before you know it, BUBU will return to CPC.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
missKiffy:
Talkative baba
Issorite.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Oladimejy(m): 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
[s][/s]
tuniski:
Small small they are abandoning buhari. By 2019 he will be left to his usual cpc base that ensured he lost 3 times. A president that goes around demarketing his country. Shame!
[s]
tuniski:
Small small they are abandoning buhari. By 2019 he will be left to his usual cpc base that ensured he lost 3 times. A president that goes around demarketing his country. Shame!
[/s]
tuniski:
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
missKiffy:
Talkative baba
Yours sincerely OBJ is now talkative because he isn't supporting BUBU.
Issorite.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Oladimejy(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
LEGALAide:

Issorite.
[s]
LEGALAide:

Issorite.
[/s]
LEGALAide:

Issorite.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by fortune1968: 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
alcmene:
The wise ones are now abandoning the despotic sole administrator to his fate

His support base has waned and the camp of the 'enemies' (good and disappointed masses) is swelling by the day.

He isn't slowing down and will never do.

Indeed, Buhari has become a rolling stone heading down the abyss through a steep slop.
Every wise man must give chance and only push from behind after he gets past.

Safe journey Buhari

wishful thinking .These wailers never see anything !
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by amazingspiderma: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
nijanigga:
No wonder Nigerian youths are not employable, very many parochial minds from the comments I read here. When Obj said Buhari should start from himself, what does it mean? folks, it means so many things, don't be narrow minded and give it only one interpretation.

As an employable personality with an intelligent mind,you have said nothing.Stop saying Nigerian youths are unemployable.

Been a critic does not require talent,anybody can do it.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nicepoker(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
CallMeMadMan:
I Don Pass That Hood
they discharge u. Or u escaped?
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by nigerianvenom(m): 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Commenting on Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, Obasanjo said, “Soyinka is slippery and he is no man to be trusted. I will trust Wole Soyinka as an “aparo hunter” (partridge hunter) than trusting him as a political analyst. I have no issues with him.”

This man and soyinka are both disgrace to Nigerian
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by vivalavida(m): 6:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
alcmene:
The wise ones are now abandoning the despotic sole administrator to his fate

His support base has waned and the camp of the 'enemies' (good and disappointed masses) is swelling by the day.

He isn't slowing down and will never do.

Indeed, Buhari has become a rolling stone heading down the abyss through a steep slop.
Every wise man must give chance and only push from behind after he gets past.

Safe journey Buhari

I haff died.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by preetyb(f): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
This man still thinks he is a saint..anyway he said the obvious truth.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by orakao8: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
GBAM
impossible27:
As u can see. Baba obj is preparing 4 2019 election to sponsor som1. Buhari is a gonner. D question is who will baba sponsor in 2019 undecided
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
alcmene:
Ex-president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to start his anti-corruption fight with himself, the vice president, the Senate President and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, before extending same to other Nigerians.

The former President who described corruption as a ‘hydra-headed monster’ that must not be allowed to live, said the fight against the monster must begin from the top.

He was a special guest at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, on Friday, during the institution’s Staff Club’s interactive programme tagged, “Seventh Roundtable with Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Reflections of an Elder Statesman.”

Obasanjo, responding to a question from a student on his view about the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, however, said the president had left no one in doubt that he was willing to battle corruption.

“The president promised he will fight corruption. And there is no doubt that he has shown that he is willing to fight corruption. Corruption is a hydra-headed monster.

“I believe very much that fighting corruption just has to start from the top. That is, from the president, the vice president, the senate president, the speaker of the House, the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).”

As the former President mentioned the Chief Justice of the Nation, one of the participants, who was later joined by others, asked him to include himself and other former presidents in the list of those to be tried for graft.

In his reaction, he said: “Did I hear somebody say and you? Oh, you mean and former presidents? Former presidents have either done their bit when they were in office or they did not.

“The instruments we are using today (to fight corruption) were all fashioned out by me when I was in office. We did not have anything like the instruments (ICPC, EFCC) before. Not only did I bring up these instruments, I also looked for the right people who could make the instruments work.

“Nuhu Ribadu was in charge of the EFCC and then, the fear of Ribadu was the beginning of wisdom. For ICPC, I specially head-hunted somebody like Justice Mustapha Akanbi to run it,” he said.

Commenting on Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, Obasanjo said, “Soyinka is slippery and he is no man to be trusted. I will trust Wole Soyinka as an “aparo hunter” (partridge hunter) than trusting him as a political analyst. I have no issues with him.”

When asked to explain why he refused to release some money for the National Assembly when he was the president of the country, he stated that “you don’t know so many things that transpired during my administration. So many things were not resolved, so don’t attack my intelligence and personality.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/08/begin-anti-graft-war-with-yourself-obasanjo-charges-buhari/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=twitter
A crude bushman to the core, given larger than life status by some selfish interests groups.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by wisest10: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
am not suprise he is saying dis, but come ooh, is buhari fighting against corruption or opposition, nigerians make una open una eye, na only dasuki meek nigeria dry, i bet you 2016 go finish him neva finish dasuki cas, very soon lai lie muhamed go come tell una say, ''fight against corruption is not d way people take it, we have to start from d last administration to get to oda place'' ......obj continue u no dey opposition president buhari no go fight u.
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by abduljabbar4(m): 10:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
tuniski:

The south east is not the decision maker of this country
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by abduljabbar4(m): 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
alecyril:
believe me not, if buhari tries it, his government will be as good as gone before 2019

Who is obj?
Re: Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' by Jesusloveyou: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Reference:

And what is the end game in 'catching' them....I mean what does that offer the country or her citizens to make that task worthy of the Presidency or your votes for him. In plain terms, a ticket with manlfesto tag, 'OBJ/IBB Catcher' will actually draw your vote....really?...hmmm.
yea! D primary reason for supporting pmb is to clean d system from corruption, after 4 good years, he can hand over to fashola for proper development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Benue Governor's Rice Farm Burnt By Hersmen / GMB As Head Of State In 1983 Vs Buhari As President In 2015 (photos) / Tinubu Prepares To Run For Presidency In 2019, Lists Running Mates - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.