Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,248 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ilorin Tradition For Daughter?? What Is It? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ilorin Tradition For Daughter?? What Is It? (480 Views)

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / Pictures Of Emir Palaces In The North, Where Tradition And Modernity Blend Well / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin Tradition For Daughter?? What Is It? by hali5015: 11:49am On Feb 08, 2016
So recently I had talked to my mother about me losing my virginity soon, she had told me not to because of a tradition which comes from my father's side of the family, which is from Ilorin. She said it was a tradition to keep the daughters of Ilorin families from having sex before their husbands are chosen and it is started from when the daughter is born. I'm not well versed on Ilorin, and it traditions because I have not had contact with my father for many years and I do not live in Nigeria. If anyone knows more about this tradition, can you please give me some details on it.
Thank You

(1) (Reply)

Adieu / Glo Sponsors Olubadan Coronation Activities / Tribal Superstition, Are They Real Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.