Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,216 members, 7,957,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge (787 Views)

EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka / NBA, Others Condemn Ricky Tarfa’s Arrest By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by LocalChamp: 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKFEB 08, 2016
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Ricky Tarfa has been charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for obstructing agents of the anti-corruption outfit last Friday as they tried to arrest two Beninoise nationals for fraud.

Mr. Tarfa spent close to 48 hours in detention before he was granted bail on Sunday evening as leaders of the Nigerian Bar Association and several senior lawyers mounted pressure on the EFCC.

An EFCC source told Saharareporters that Mr. Tarfa would face serious charges of obstruction of justice as their investigations have revealed that he illegally communicated with a judge in several cases involving agency. Investigators at the EFCC said they found the call logs between Mr. Tarfa and Justice Mohammed Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/08/lawyer-charged-obstruction-justice-illegal-communication-judge

1 Like

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by INTROVERT(f): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by doyinisaac(m): 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Honestly EFCC has woken up...

3 Likes

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by yudee233: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
The game starts now

1 Like

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by kennybabs1980: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
doyinisaac:
Honestly EFCC has woken up...
n
Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by doyinisaac(m): 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by shaddoww: 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Don't mess with d rejuvenated EFCC under Magu my guy.

2 Likes

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by OlujobaSamuel: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
sometimes this lawyers will do something ridiculous and be forming I know the law, I know my right.
God help you if you are innocent, if not, your end is fast approaching.

1 Like

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by doctokwus: 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
I tend to believe the EFCC on this as soon as I heard that Yunusa's name mentioned.That judge has been involved in several alleged "bought" judgements at cases he presided.

1 Like

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by blazetitov: 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Rogue lawyers and judges everywhere. They negotiate for their share of the loot before defending corrupt politicians. They are always defending vices and societal ills. People like Dauda and Ozokoeme.

1 Like

Re: Ricky Tarfa Charged With Obstruction Of Justice,illegal Communication With Judge by cheddahboy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
This One don Enter the "NET"..
Happy Fishing Magu.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Current Economy: A Fight Back Or A Fall Of Nature? / Nigerians Need To Hit The Street For Protest Or We Will All Die / 13 Prospective Nigerian ISIS Recruits Arrested In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.